How much is packet of cigarettes where you live?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dopebabygirl, Jul 27, 2008.

?

Do you smoke?

1. Yes, I smoke

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Yes, but I plan to quit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, but I'm open to starting

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No, and I never will

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I hope a thread like that doesn't already exist

In Germany is a packet of cigarettes 4€ it contains 17 cigarettes
    In Ukraine I paid the last time for a pack of 20 cirgarettes 0,60 €
    And in Russia I think it's almost the same.
    which is a big difference :(

and are you smoking?
    if yes, did you ever try to quit?
    did it work?
    and how did you do it?

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I don't care how much cigarettes are, they could be 10 bucks a piece and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'm a passionate anti-smoker.

3. merlin222

merlin222 Victim

A pack of 20 cigarettes costs 0.40  in Montenegro. Cheap, eh? Fortunately I don't smoke...

4. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I don't smoke but I know here in MA a pack is about $7.50 - $8.00 because of a new tax on cigarettes that was passed a few weeks ago.

5. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I don't smoke, either but I know a lot of people who do.

Around here, it's anywhere from $3.75 for generics to around $4.50-5.00 for the mega expensive name brand smokes.

Chicagoland, just on the Indiana side of the border, and a pack is 20 cigs for those curious.

6. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Belgium, 4,60€ for a pack of 20 (depending on what brand you choose, I smoke Tigra or Lucky Strike)

So yes, I smoke. I've tried to quit a few times (cold turkey), but never really stayed non-smoking for long. Been smoking for about 6 years now (holy crap, has is been that long?!). I tend to smoke more when I'm stressed out or during exam periods (like now, bleh).

I know it's not a healthy habit but I can't help it. I try to be respectful towards non-smokers though. I'll never smoke inside, in a car or during a meal. Or when someone tells me it bothers them, I'll put it out.

What does give me the creeps is when someone gives you the big lecture on how bad it is, that it gives you lung cancer etc... A few months ago, a girl came up to me, told me smoking is bad, took the cigarette out of my hand and tore it in half. I know she was probably just making a statement, but she really ticked me off.

7. dopebabygirl

that lung cancer thing is old, i know few who died because of lung cancer and they never touched a cigarett in their live

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I have no idea how much cigarettes cost. I don't smoke so I really don't care. I do have respect for smokers but at the same time respect my non smoking. In Ontario you can't smoke in stores, office buildings, basically anywhere that's indoors. They is a law waiting final passage that will make it illegal for parents to smoke in cars when there are children under the age of 16 present.

Oh but there are other serious side effects from smoking other than cancer. My dad smoked for years. He quit over 20 years ago. He started having trouble with shortness of breathe. He was diagnosed with COPD, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. He now has Emphysema. Fortunately he's not on oxygen, yet. I have asthma. Not bad but I still have it. I figure that some of my asthma problems are a direct result of my dad smoking all those years. I don't hold it against him as he's my dad but still if he hadn't smoked his and my health may be better for it today. My dad does wish he never started smoking but that's what a lot of men and women did in the 1940's.

9. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

A pack of 19 cigarettes costs about €4,- in The Netherlands. I don't smoke cigarettes because I don't like the taste. I smoke tobacco. It's cheaper then cigarettes. I pay €5,20 for a pack that contains 47,5 g.

I really don't have a problem with being a smoker, unlike some smokers I know. I'm an addict, not ashamed of it and I just love to smoke. :lol: I've tried to quit (cold turkey) once when I was 16 but that lasted only 3 weeks. I've never tried to quit after that simply because I'm not motivated so there's really no point in trying again.

Just making a statement?! If anyone ever takes MY cigarette out of MY mouth in that way he/she will regret it deeply. I'm curious what your reaction was?

10. jetlink

jetlink Victim

hello in bristol a pack of cigarettes is over £5 depending on what brand you smoke

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The brand I smoke usagold full flavored menthol costs $3.75 a pack, never tried to quit, I have smoked for to long, and I know all the warnings and all that. But my only vices in life is smoking (half a pack a day), instant (in packets) cappuccino, and Dr Pepper. Yeah I know I am wild what can I say lol.

12. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

I lit up a new cigarette and blew the smoke of my first inhalation in her face :p (I know it's not very nice, but she had me really pissed off :eek:)
    She took me by suprise the first time, but now I had a face like 'Whatcha gonna do now?' :lol:

13. dopebabygirl

i would have done exactly the same :D
    i don't get how some people can do stuff like that, i mean why the he** they even care

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I bought a pack for my son-in-law at of all places Wal-Mart, where one would think their cheap $4.85, he'd given me a five spot, so he got 15 cents change, and at the Smoke Shop their $5.25 a pack:wtf:

15. dopebabygirl

It's not a big difference 5$ (3,19€) and 4€, I'm a little suprised
    when I see the gas prices in the US that does really make me jealous :D

But when I see the car prices I could move right away to the US :D for the car I would like to have I would pay in the US ca. 30.000 $ and in Germany 40.000 € :eek::eek: (the same equipment version, even in US you get a few more for the price)