Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIvela

CSIvela Hit and Run

Re: Petersen leaves CSI for good

Not necessarily. CSI just may survive (well, the show will survive anyway, but I mean in popularity) without our Gil. Of course it won't be the same.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Who Will Fill Grissoms Position???

What movie was he in with Marg?

3. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah I mean, come on... how long has ER made it without George Clooney (though I find ER boring now... been that way for a while... I think I watched steady up till Noah Wyle left).

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Their movie was Hearts on Fire (aka "In sickness & in health"), a made-for-tv movie with Lesley Ann Warren. (info from imdb.com)

5. Lilacslily

Lilacslily Victim

I think CSI will survive without Grissom, he's been seen less and less for quite a while now and I've gotten used to watching the show without him, so I think it will be fine, but it better be a happy ending for once *sara and grissom together :))* and to see him once a while will be awesome, it is time for some changes and new faces and characters on the show, more hodges will be good, hopefully more science like in the first few seasons of CSI. CSI will always be the #1 show of all time :))))

6. Lilacslily

Lilacslily Victim

and I forget to mention about the return of the miniature killer could only be during her trial, another reason for Sara to return, can't wait to see her again, she was amazing as Sara.

7. Inxs

Inxs Lab Technician

I read sometime ago that William owns the rights of James Ellroy's crime novel Clandestine. maybe he will do something with that when he's not on CSI .

8. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, I guess I didn't watch that one. :lol: I thought maybe it was a movie that was in theaters.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

[/quote]I can see Eads, if it wasn't for how his character is portrayed[/quote]

Totally agree, George is a great actor who has lobbied hard for his character to be represented in a more positive light given how the writers had Nick has an impulsive, jock in the first two seasons and treated like a complete moron by Sara and Grissom.

And..today..this woman I work with who was so adamant about not watching the show after BP leaves said she'd stay on as long as George Eads is in the show because she 'loves Nick'!!!

10. CSIvela

CSIvela Hit and Run

True.

Don't get me wrong, I like George. If I were a producer, I'd have him on any show I made.

It's just that Nick seems to be too emotional for the role of leader. A leader needs to have a balance of "heart" and "brain."

11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I don't think that she can. They had a psychologist or psychiatrist come in and examine her, and he determined that she'd has a psychotic break. That, coupled with her troubles as a child, she's unfit to stand trial. If they do bring her in for a trial, I'll be mad, because there's just no way they could do that realistically. Yeah, I grant that so many of the things they do, like instant toxicology reports and DNA require suspension of dispelief, but that's just too much, IMO.

12. byline

byline CSI Level One

We'll agree to disagree on that. You're also overlooking a huge part of Petersen's career, which is stage. I'd say that's the reason why he doesn't have a higher profile in film and TV (hence, fewer awards) because his focus has been on stage work. Not to take away from Sinise, because I think he also is a very good actor, but I believe that each in his own way is equally superb. All one has to do is compare Petersen's "Manhunter" turn with the one-note performance by Ed Norton of the same character in "Red Dragon" to see the difference Petersen brought to that role.

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

I sent an e-mail to CBS, but so far that's the farthest I've been able to get.

14. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

2 Questions:

a) Who did you address your email to?
    and
    b) Do you have that email address so I can lobby for my guy?

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm still going with Michael Keaton, he's got all the right moves and is a seasoned actor, and would be fantastic, in this new role. No one can ever be or replace WP/Grissom no one:(, but this guy would be my pick:thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Keaton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.