Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I really can't understand how anyone can see Calleigh and Eric with other people (as opposed with each other), but there are Calleigh ships with every man on the show (when I think about it, I haven't seen any with Stetler :lol: - just kidding). But when you think about it, Calleigh did have moments with all of them. The matter is, who do you like the most... But, I still think, as a true shipper, that Eric is the one.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

To be honest I am tired of the hostility towards it :rolleyes: I mean this board is about giving your opinion freely and getting a discussion going...I just had to explain myself in the spoilers thread b/c I stated that IMO I didn't think we would be seeing anymore of Jake this season :rolleyes:

He bugs the hell out of me but I have to admit he creates some good angst for E/C ;) He might be back this season some more but I don't think they are together anymore....I find it hard to believe they would be....she is practically surprised to see him in the premiere and barely recognizes him to boot. GGGRRRR flamers and haters piss me off....god forbid we said anything negative about their ship they would be all over us

OK, I vented and I am done! We can move on now! ;)

3. Marija_Magdalena

I can totally understand your frustration. I'm frustrated sometimes, as well. I think our ship has the future and that JC has the past and that gets people a bit confused sometimes. I can totally imagine all of the shippers (including me) with their favorite guy (ours is Eric) yelling to Cal: "Hey, take me. I'm the best." I mean, she is the female part of the most of the CSIM ships.

Anyway, I think that Cal will see Jake; from their conversation we will see that they are not together anymore; if we are lucky, Eric is going to hear that Jake is back and we will see his reaction (I know that we don't want jealous Eric anymore, but I just love that sexy jealous face of his); and if we are very, very lucky, we will have an Eric/Calleigh scene where she explains to him what happened with Jake and makes it clear that she is not hurt and that she is ready for a relationship with him (I doubt that's gonna happen, but I would really like it, so I had to write it down for the world to see it).

4. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

You said a mouthful. But I gotta say I agree 110%!:thumbsup:

I hope that we see Jake in ep1 to get closure and then he goes away. I'm tired of that perpetual smirk on his face every time he looks at Cal. :(

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  5. delko2calleigh

delko2calleigh Witness

Hmm I gotta say I so damn well agree with you it is like he is doing it on purpose and whenever Eric is around it grows bigger. =[ What a a**wipe

6. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

EC isn't the only ship with hostile opposition. ;) Lord knows I've dealt with a freaking handful of it for regularly writing more than one ship in fic. :rolleyes: But all that doesn't bug me as much as having to defend myself for liking Jake. I guess it's just a hostile fandom in general, lol.

I'm with you, Jackie; I don't think there's any way at this point that JC are still together, because I don't think Calleigh would've put up with his being gone and still being together again for all those past months. And especially if she "barely recognizes him." What does that even mean? Did he like, dye his hair blue or something? Or is he unrecognizable through the things that he's done - as in, Calleigh can't believe he would do something so extreme or whatever? I don't know; it's all really iffy to me, and I don't like iffy, lol. As much as I like Jake, I think he's on his way out as part of the triangle, because this storyline has kind of gone on long enough. Miami generally keeps a storyline around for what, an episode? :lol: I don't know how much more they can get out of this without it being the same jealous, upset Eric, and the same I-want-you-but-I'm-with-Jake Calleigh.

I do, however, hope we do get some JC closure, if that's where the writers are taking this. If they're done, make it solid, not like Jake's sudden disappearance after SYG. If they're done, I want Calleigh to react to it, and I kind of want her to realize that maybe she didn't make the best choice in choosing Jake over Eric two seasons ago. I want her to realize that every time Jake has walked away, Eric's still been there beside her, aw. :D

7. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I agree with you. The storyline has been played out, and it is past time for Calleigh to realize that while Jake comes and goes Eric is always there. ;)

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I think every ship has their fair share of hostile anti-shippers, people who can't stand to hear or read anything positive about another ship. Seems some people can't get their heads out of their butts long enough to be courteous to other opinions. I may shake my head at some ships, not knowing what other people see in them, but I certainly don't go around bashing them, or anyone that ships that pairing. One time I posted an objective opinion about H/C and E/C, didn't bash H/C and in fact agreed with some points others had about them...nothing negative at all about my post. But, an anti-shipper completely took it the wrong way, flamed me and actually had the nerve to "put words in my mouth"...meaning in her post she said I said things that so weren't in my post (quite obviously I didn't, as anyone could scroll 1 or 2 posts up and see).

Whats really sad is when the anti-shippers read fanfic quite obviously not of their particular choice of ship, and then have the unmitigated gall to complain about it. I love your writing Jessica, but since I don't care for Jake, I stay clear of your J/C stories. Now the E/C stories...I'm all over those as soon as you post them. ;) :drool:. Wish others would do the same.

I too hope we see closure to that relationship. I'd like to see what you suggested...Calleigh seeing the wrong choice she made in choosing Jake over Eric. That would be great, especially if Eric were right there with her.

9. delko2calleigh

delko2calleigh Witness

Gahh I cant wait too get a really good E/C spoiler cuz this thread is a little dead. Not saying it is totally dead just a little dead.

P.s: Does anyone know how i get a banner?

10. reg583

reg583 Victim

Ugh... Jake. Eww. We definitely need some closure on him. I actually liked Jake for a future childs name. Umm, no. Not anymore.

About what started this conversation:

I only started watching this show about a year ago, on the Fourth of July. But it was Vegas. Im pretty sure the first episode I saw of CSIM was Simple Man, with of course our hiphuggers moment. After that I was like 'Who are they? Are they together? That would be a HOT couple' Anyway... I was kinda bummed that they werent but when I started watching reruns of the fifth season, I knew i could stay with this ship because they obviously had some connection. And of course the sexual tension.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  11. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Hi delko2calleigh - you can request a banner here.

12. Marija_Magdalena

I sometimes go to the threads of other ships just to see what they are talking about, but I never post. I'm just interested in what their arguments for that ship are, but, even if I have a contra argument I don't post it, because I know that I wouldn't like a R/C, H/C or J/C shipper telling me on this thread why I shouldn't be an E/C shipper. There are ship discussions for that.

There are people who are not shipping Cal with Eric, but with someone else, but they can clearly see that there is something between them. One of them even said that ti makes them mad to see H's Cal in Eric's arms. I can understand that, because I was very mad to see Eric's Cal in Jake's arms. But, I find comfort in fact that, when you look at the way CSIM develops, our ship is the only ship with a future.

I agree. I love your writing Jessica, but no matter how good it is, I will not read a J/C story, because it makes me sad as I am always watching it from Eric's point of view and I don't like to much angst. For example, your story "On The Outside", I'm waiting for it to be finished and then I will read it if it's EC at the end. I know it's stupid, but I'm always sad when I read a story where Eric and Cal are not together and I don't want something that I use to lighten my mood be something that, as well, makes me sad.

I think that when it's sad that Cal doesn't recognize Jake, it's sad that Cal doesn't recognize Jake. You know, sometimes, when you see something that looks like a horse and sounds like a horse, there's a very good chance that it is a horse. I'm hoping to see some development in EC relationship after it's clear that the story with Jake is over.

If we see some development in 7.01, maybe they will already be together when all that stuff with Eric's therapist happens. Maybe, for the first time, she will support him as his girlfriend and not just his friend.

13. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

The thing about fan fiction, though, is that people mainly read it for the ships. Ship free stories rarely receive as much attention as those which include favourite pairings. And I guess that explains the lack of mixing between different shippers. An EC shipper wouldn't want to read a JC or a HC fic, because EC is what they want. Similarly, they don't want to see EC with anyone but each other onscreen... unless it leads to a steamy, angsty EC moment/event.

Shipping EC is actually the only reason I even discovered fanfic. And I only started shipping EC around season 5 - when the cases started to border on ridiculous and the H drama really began to start. Plus, Adam and Emily's chemistry is undeniable!

I'm glad you like it :). It's actually amazing how hassle free it's been considering so many of us are writing it!

14. Marija_Magdalena

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I'm very frustrated right now. I feel like writing a fic or continuing old one, but my house is in total mess (and I'm not talking untidy, I'm talking THERE-IS-A-LITTLE-KID-IN-MY-APARTMENT MESS) and it's noisy (again, a little kid) so I can't concentrate. I'm hoping to write something during the weekend or on Monday. I actually have the part of a second chapter of my story "Promise" for a very long time, and I just can't finish it properly. I'll think of something once my best friends, Peace and Quiet, come back home.

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I totally agree with you...it is time to move on.....

Things may not immediately progress with E/C but I think it is high time that there is some sort of resolution with the J/C storyline. It has gone on long enough...the first ep will explain his absence and possibly more and I am hoping the more is the fact that they are over and done with and the scenes are just confirmation to that fact.

Even after all this time it definately makes sense for the writers to bring him back....closure in some way is needed. JW was busy and his disappearance from the show had to be addressed in some way, at sometime. So I have to say that I am pretty impressed at how the writers seem to be tying in his absence and return (logically too) with the current storyline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.