Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captain_nati

captain_nati Prime Suspect

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Well the last thing that I and probably they would care about is convising Stetler... I really wonder how would they relationship start? I mean who would take the first step, what would lead to that....?

2. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Because of the new policy that Stetler has placed, in order for them to have an relationship (that is open and honest with the rest of the team) one of the two would have to switch to a different shift. A lot of companies now are implementing this new policy for sexual harassment reasons (the company doesn't want to get sued etc, etc).

So, the better question would be, if Calleigh and Ryan DID end up starting a relationship, who would be the one to transfer to a different shift?

Personally, and I know this is the most obvious, I'd go with Ryan switching to night shift. Which in the end would maybe even be beneficial for him in both his love life AND work environment. He would be the newbie again, but he wouldn't be replacing a loved one who was recently lost. He could have it arranged with Stetler ("I'll go to night shift if you guarantee...") to have Calleigh and his off days syncronized.

As for who would make the first step, I see Calleigh making this step towards a relationship with Ryan. Ryan would be too scared to ruin a perfectly good friendship for something he's not sure how to read (Calleigh's fliratious with everyone, how can he tell its personal for him?).

3. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

As usual Heather steals the words from my mouth. I should charge her.:p

I'm glad to see people building on my question. We're a good bunch now:) Ok so I also think Ryan would transfer. Calleigh's been with the other team for so long, if she had to transfer they would only blame Ryan and be mad at him. And we don't want that (again.).

Really just what Heather said counts for me too:lol:

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

And she did the same for me! Ryan would take that initiative because after all, Calleigh is crucial to the day shift and I doubt he'd want to disrupt that. Besides, they still would have their off days and I like the idea of them meeting up for lunch so they wouldn't not see each other.

As for taking the first step, I would say Calleigh since she is not afraid to ask for what she wants and Ryan would probably be more worried about how this would affect her job and friendship with him.

Exactly! Ryan seems a little insecure when it comes to the thought of a romantic relationship with Calleigh because she is his mentor and she is older than him... he'd probably be wondering why someone like her would be interested in him. He really doesn't give himself enough credit...

5. captain_nati

I also thought of Calleigh taking the first step... Ryan is far too shy ,is this the right word?, to make a move.... I don't want one of them to change shift... but if they had of course Ryan would be the one to change

6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Yeah, I don't want them to change shifts either, but rules are rules. Besides, I don't think that Ryan would be one to jeopardize both their jobs. At least they're still able to see each other at work... I don't think I'd want to see Ryan fired (again!) or see him get a new job...

7. captain_nati

We can always hope that Stetler can get fired.... but I don't see that coming... well one can dream... but just imagine how easier would things be if Rick get out of the way....

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I know. I wish that would happen but TPTB seem determined to keep him, so we're just gonna have to find a way for Calleigh and Ryan to get together without Stetler cracking the whip on them. I was reading this article in the newspaper about office romances and it said that you can pursue relationships, but you had to be discrete and mature about it. Not a problem for them because they already have a great relationship and they actually behave like adults.

9. captain_nati

They do behave like adults... well I was thinking that actually the only way that a relationship between cologeaguess can be a is in matter of a supervisor -subortinator case 'cause that actually leads to problems in real life.... so if Ryan's takes a promotion , that IMO deserves, there shouldn't be a problema..... at least in real life...lol

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Yeah, he definitely deserves one... then again, Stetler might have a problem with that 'cause supervisor-subordinate relationships are often not approved of. In Calleigh and Ryan's case that wouldn't be a problem because even though they started out as mentor and student, their relationship has gotten to the point where they are both equal.

11. captain_nati

It might just be me but I can't get what Stetler's problem is... one day everything is find, dating a co-worker is pperfectly legal and the other the hole world change.... I don't think that Calleigh and Ryan having a relationship will be a problame.. when it comes to their jobs they are both serious, careful and professional.... especially Ryan after what happened at 'Burned'....

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I honestly don't know... I personally think that he's just looking to get back at Horatio. Still, you're right, Calleigh and Ryan wouldn't let their relationship get in the way of their work... and I'm sure that they wouldn't want a repeat of Burned.

13. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

I think especially because of what happened in Burned that Ryan would be extremely careful in what he says, does, or acts (It's one of the reason's I'm looking at the season finale in a "erm" kind of way).

Calleigh would probably be more concerned for Ryan's job then Ryan though, when you think about it. I could see them having the discussion about Ryan switching to a different shift (or vice versa, but really, I see it as Ryan) and Calleigh, being Calleigh, would say "Yes, once everything is smoothed over THEN we can have a relationship." I wouldn't put it past Calleigh to not even want to go out with Ryan on a DATE until she's sure its safe because he's walking on such a thin rope at work right now.

Stetler might have a personal vendetta against Horatio and his team, but you must also remember that he does have a job to do. Unfortunately he uses the power of his job against the lab. However, if something he does or enforces seems fishy to the crew, they can talk to Stetler's department and the chief to make sure its not just something Stetler is doing to extract revenge. ;)

:lol: Sorry Nikki, and Karu. Didn't mean to steal your words. :p

Fanfiction update: I recently started my rewrite of chapter three of Bittersweet Beginnings. Hopefully I'll have that finished when my weekend is here.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  14. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

For this time, you're forgiven, Heather.;)

I don't think the rule of not-dating-coworkers appeared out of nowhere. It's just that it has never been necessary to mention. When Eric and Natalia were dating before, I don't think it was out in the open. Stetler only mentioned it when he saw Eric and Natalia in what he thought was a public display of affection. (when he popped her shoulder back in.) Wasn't that the first mention of the rule? It might always have existed.

Okay, being the jerk he is, Stetler might very well have sharpened the rules slightly. :rolleyes:

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Awesome! I can't wait to read it. By the way, I do agree with you about Calleigh wanting everything to be taken care of before going on a date with Ryan. By approaching the issue that way, they will not get into trouble regardless of what Stetler may think. After all, if they did do that, they'd follow all necessary protocol and stick with the rules. So no chance of Stetler busting them!

Actually, Stetler did say that the protocol was new... I remember that it was just installed in that episode so it was a bit of a surprise for the people who weren't informed. He pretty much just sprung it on Eric and the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.