Eric/Greg Leggo our Greggo thread #11

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Wojo, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Ohh I hope so too! I love the dynamic between Greg and Grissom (Spellbound was on SpikeTV last night). Grissom giving Greg a promotion before he leaves would be nice to see.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, forgive this rant, but TPTB at CSI are really starting to tick me off! They've mentioned inking new deals with George, Marg and Paul and that the three of them aren't going anywhere, but there was absolutely no mention of Eric! Why don't they give him the respect he has earned and most certainly deserves? They've ignored him and his character for far too long! I'm sick of it! We should start a petition at that petiton online site for them to give him more scenes and to make his character an equal part of the team along with Nick and the others. 'Cause honestly, if I write a letter personally, I will not be able to hold my tongue and I will totally go off on tptb! This ignoring of him and his character is completely and totally UNACCEPTABLE! :scream:

I know I was optomistic before, but the news that the other three are getting new deals and no mention at all of Eric has really got me down. It seems to me that they act as if he isn't even part of the show and that pisses me off to no end! It's an ensemble cast for crying out loud! There are four princple characters (besides Grissom), not just three! Get that through your heads ptb! Ugh! I'm so ticked I could punch something right now!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well too tell you the truth my letter wasn't exactly friendly, I mean I tried not to be rude or demanding but I think I failed a bit. I think Carol needs to know we are angry. Tell her how you feel because otherwise she won't know,

I don't know if I like the way CSI is heading, I almost wish Eric would quit so I can stop watching.

Another thing we can do is leave feedback at CBS. Here is the link to the form to submit feedback. http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.shtml

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  4. csi_kristen

csi_kristen Hit and Run

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

That photo is from Season 3-Last Laugh.

Yeah I do not get why press releases or CM hardly ever mentions Eric/Greg when she talks about the show. Only in season 7 with Fannysmackin' did he get any mention but since then it's like he is hardly part of the original cast. It just makes me mad and sad at the same time.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Agree with you Wojo. All this situation with Eric is really strange. He's really a big part of the show and I don't understand (sometimies even try to understand but there's no logic) why he's almost all the time not mentioned in such a important things like next contracts. I'm sure Carol M. knows how angry we are about Eric's situation... But why we don't have any change? I'm tired of saying - we'll see next season. I want to be sure now that everything's ok. It's not much to say about Greg some spoilers (ok, we have one) or just about contract.

GNRFan, totally understand your rant and I think the same.

Dizzney, I'm more mad... Eric/Greg is for years in show and what we see? Less time and no infos. 8 years, 9 year will be. Something is really wrong there... And the worst is that we still can't find out what. I hate asking question "why?". But here it is the most suitable... When we'll get some answers?:scream:

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I mean it's so strange. It was Eric's idea to make Greg a CSI (according to the article in the zine) and the writers/producers accomodated him on that. The Greg Sanders role was orginally written for someone in their 30s and Eric was at the time in his 20s. They apparently liked him enough to rewrite the role for someone his age... and then they apparently liked him enough to give him a spot in the opening credits cause they were afraid to lose him to another show (lol)... and yet they have been neglecting his character more and more every season... and neglecting to even mentioning him in press comments and deal inkings... acting like he basically isn't even part of it. I just can't help but wonder how this makes Eric feel.

I honestly don't think that CM needs to be told how upset us Eric/Greg fans are. I'm sure she and everyone else at tptb are very well aware of how popular he is among the fans. I'm sure they know that the fans are going to be upset that he is seemingly forgotten/ignored. Apparently she and the others just don't give a :censored:. And that's what really bothers me.

If anyone would care on the staff, it would most likely be Billy Petersen. He is after all one of the executive producers and basically was the one who got Jorja and George their jobs back when they were fired that time. He has a lot of pull. Maybe he's the one we should be writing to instead of CM who doesn't appear to care what we think/feel.

8. Dizzney

BP might be an executive producer, but overall I do not think he has much input on the storylines. Carol is still the one more involved in the overall show. I think writing to maybe some of the other producers/writers might be better.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I don't know how much help WP would be since Grissom is leaving this season, although WP will remain as a producer. But some other people we can write are:

David Rambo -writer/producer - I have written and heard back from Mr Rambo, he has said that Greg is one of his fave characters to write for. At least we have him on our side, usually when he writes an episode we get some decent Greg time and (Nick/Greg working together).

Other CSI writers: Naren Shankar, Richard Catalani, Sarah Goldfinger, Jacqueline Hoyt, Allen MacDonald, Dustin Abraham, Douglas Petrie, Marlene Mayer, & Judy McCreary

write individually or just address it to CSI writers.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  10. Dizzney

Yeah maybe we should try writing some of the others too. Since the spoilers thread is back up again, it reminded me why I am so mad so far about the upcoming season with the extreme lack of Greg spoilers. Even Wendy is mentioned more.

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Made me wonder if Greg and Wendy traded spaces...um I mean places.

12. Dizzney

Yeah maybe Greg is back to DNA for all we know. Hmmm, it makes you wonder. He did almost have more screen time sometimes as the DNA tech.

13. Tananda

Tananda Victim

So our darling Birthday Boy has reached the age of Christ...! Wish everything would go well and luck be with him during that significant year. And first of all: more screentime in S9!

14. csi_kristen

csi_kristen Hit and Run

Happy birthday, Eric! :drool:

15. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Happy Birthday, Eric!:)

Hmm... That's true, but if it happen that will be a little bit strange. Wendy want to be CSI, Greg is working as CSI and he should be CSI 2. He's more important than her because of experience. It would be really odd if long working CSI is going back to lab and rookie will make work at the crime scene. I like Wendy, but she can't replace Greg in work. That won't be logical.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.