CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Wow.

Wow, wow, WOW. :eek:

Something tells me TPTB is going to put Danny and Rikki in a relationship and pair Lindsay up with another man! 'Still be part of that relationship' hints to me that she may end up being cool with Danny's and Rikki's relationship, even. Wow, a possibly mature Lindsay coming up in season five?! I am already impressed. It seems TPTB really is separating Lindsay and Danny. Can it possibly be that Danny's Days of Propping are over?! :eek:

If this is true, then ... IS IT SEPTEMBER YET?! :lol:

2. tinieyhasbi

tinieyhasbi Dead on Arrival

Wow..lindsay comes to the rescue..that i cant wait...even though i like danny and lindsay be together..she'll have eyes on someone else..that is cool..god i cant wait for september...

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Hmmmm, I'd take all that with a grain of salt. I think the writers just got back to work on Monday. Unless they had a big jump start on scripts from when they did 501-504, I'd be skeptical. But, we'll see!

Thanks for the Ausiello news, vegaslights!

FINALLY. The more separation between the two, the better. One of the things I loved about the Ruben storyline was that it in no way involved Lindsay--until she got pissy with Danny for not grieving like she wanted him to. :rolleyes: Anyway, nice to see TPTB recognizing that these two don't always have to have intertwined storylines.

Well, Danny is the show's damsel-in-distress. :lol: It's hard to begrudge Lindsay the chance to come to his rescue. She has before (RSRD, and a little in All in the Family). Just like everyone else on the show. :lol:

Maybe they're just going to be friends?

Oooh, Ausiello has heard pregnancy rumors. :D

Two attractive men in NYC who dig Lindsay? The guys in NY need to take off the beer goggles. :lol: I kid, I kid. ;) But it's funny that Lindsay has two love interests and Hawkes has none. :mad: That's just not right in any sense of the word.

I *heart* Ausiello. :lol: :D

Let's hope so. All this sounds very promising for both characters.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

But didn't you know? He and Adam are sneaking off to make out in the supply closet. :devil:

:p

Interesting spoilers - I have to say Veasey specifying that Danny will have a lot going on that doesn't involve Lindsay was the most comforting part of that whole thing. :lol:

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: TPTB adds that in season five, the ratings are guaranteed to shoot up! ;)

PV specifying that a lot of things happening to Danny don't involve Lindsay is a major clue. It actually sounds like whatever will happen to Danny won't even be related to DL or DR, and that Lindsay will be helping to resolve the situation in some way. If it's related to Tanglewood, I'll be impressed, man. Will the continuity fairy visit again?! :p

The 'still part of that relationship' bit is also a major clue as well as Lindsay having eyes for a new man. I'm speculating Lindsay will eventually find out about Danny and Rikki being together but won't blow up over it. She did tell Danny to his face she wants to 'get over it' and to Mac that it was 'so stupid of her to ever get involved with Danny' ... so if Danny moves on with Rikki and Lindsay moves on with this new man, it's a win-win situation for both of them. No more propping! No more juvenile drama! And relationships with recurring characters who don't have to appear in every episode so those who aren't keen on romance on the show won't have to watch it every week!

So that makes two sources who've hinted at Rikki being pregnant now, Matt Mitovich and Ausiello.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

My panties would be all a-tingle. :p

7. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Well, that was/is the worst case scenario for a lot of people, so I can just imagine that both have had a lot of questions about that...imo this is one rumor that has totally been started by the fandom itself and started to live a life of its one.

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Rikki pregnant or not doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad she's coming back and it's looking more and more like the DL mess will finally be over. Looks like Carmine was spot on in his interview in June 2007 with CSI files. Apparently he wasn't lying or trying to mess with the fans after all.

It also seems telling to me that Ausiello didn't jump right in there and give DL fans any good news at all, like he'd done so many times in the past. That also gives me hope this DL mess is over and Danny and Rikki will have their fresh start together.

But does it matter where it came from? Maybe it did start from fandom because I for one had been saying Rikki may come back pregnant long before it was announce Rikki was coming back. I'm sure several people had written Ausiello and others to ask if she was. It seems like a valid question to me. I've always questioned whether or not Danny and Rikki used protection since they were both lost in the heat of the moment. Pam Veasey did not confirm or deny it so it very well could go either way. Seems like a good reason to keep Rikki for a few episodes.

Some quotes from Ausiello:

I love how he worded this. OK, I'll tell him. It tells me that she will not bring good news for them.

Maybe that's because those things will happen with Rikki. Maybe Lindsay coming to the rescue is no more than something happening to Danny at work or maybe something happens to Rikki and Lindsay comes to the rescue which would make her still a part of the DR relationship. Who says she won't be happy for Danny. She was trying to get over him in Season 4 with telling Mac it was stupid to get involved with a coworker and not going to Danny's when he asked her too. So, it's very possible she would be happy for DR and that would also keep her in the DR relationship.

Whatever reason Rikki is back for, it will involve Danny. :D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I have to say even as a D/L fan I quite like those spoilers, but then again them being together is not the be all and end all for me, it's more about retaining their on screeen chemistry and of course the hope that they'll be together eventually! ;).

It sounds as though they're going to be clearing up some stuff re. Lindsay's character and that can only be a good thing. The thing that keeps coming up for me is that they only really showed danny's grief/guilt affecting his relationship with Rikki and as a consequence his relationship with Lindsay. I'm hoping the 'rescue' spoiler is going to be about more fallout from that and that we see this affecting him in other ways too, and we actually see Lindsay reaching out to him. I think there's a real opportunity for tptb to focus on their friendship and to show it's not all one sided with Danny the one who goes out of his way for her.

As for Lindsay having a new man in her life, that can be good too. We've been asking for them to show her having a life outside of the lab and Danny. :)

Hmmm, on a more general note I think it's intersting and dare I say a 'little' concerning that they're having so many recurring characters that are attached personally to the main cast. Admittedly Lindsay's 'man' could have a professional role but with Rikki and Flack's sister in tow as well it does make me wonder if they're going to have time for the crime. I shall keep the faith though and hope that tptb will make it good. I wonder what Mac and Stella will be doing in S5. Making the coffee perhaps?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmm, interesting spoilers... I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this. :)

I think the prospect of Lindsay moving on and spreading her wings is a good thing, she did say that she wanted to 'get over' him.

JellyBelly, I don't imagine that the relationship stuff will really get in the way of the cases though. Yes, there's talk of a few recurring characters, but a little continuity and personal time away from the cases is something that I would definitely like to see. And if they manage to do that using a couple of good recurring characters then all the better. I think it could add rather than detract from the show and will most likely take up very little screen time in total.

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Still, the fact Matt Mitovich specifically chose a question that directly asked if Rikki's returning pregnant and Ausiello asked Pam Veasey about it is very telling in itself. Pam Veasey may not have said anything, but she didn't deny it either. Instead, she chose to answer that Lindsay is eyeing another man, which is also telling. So regardless of whether it's just a 'fandom rumor' or not, TPTB hasn't denied it yet and it seems confirmed Lindsay's moving on with another guy. (By the way, it's interesting Veasey only mentioned Lindsay having eyes for the guy. It would be double burn if that ends up one-sided too. :lol:)

And if the pregnancy speculation does turn out bust, Rikki's confirmed to be returning for more than one episode and maybe up to four. Possibly even more, when the writers develop the story for Rikki's return when they return to work this coming Monday. They're not back to work yet and already they're estimating Rikki will show up in up to four episodes! :D

As Matt said, looks like Danny and Rikki have a lot to catch up on!

But Lindsay gave him the Monologue of Doom then treated him badly for weeks afterwards, pushing him away when he wanted to talk to her, behaving hypocritically, etc. And when he called her, she just told him how 'hard it was to love him'. :rolleyes: She had many chances to reach out to him from as far back as episode 4x11 (so we're talking ten episodes here) ... and she didn't. So the question is, why would she only do it after all this time, after Rikki is back in Danny's life?

Heh, that just made a thought occur to me: Perhaps the Green Monster is going to be a rather constant presence in season five, eh?

Agreed. Just a matter of screen time management and showcasing the characters on a balanced schedule. Criminal Minds pulls it off with style. I'm sure CSI:NY can do it too!

12. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Verrrry interesting spoilers, thanks for bringing them over, Shane! :thumbsup:

It does indeed sound like they'll be allowing Lindsay to spread her wings a bit sans Danny (and vice versa), and I'm intrigued to see what they do with that. This could end up bringing in ultimately satisfying scenarios for both characters (and both sides of the fanship, for that matter ;) ). And I agree with Elsie, if it means a bit of continuity and character backstory/background, I'm all for a couple of good recurring characters, here and there. Look how much the addition of Reed did for Mac's character... :)

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

It does sound like TPTB are finally going to be separating D/L. I am so happy to read that a lot of stuff that's going to happen with Danny is going to be sans Lindsay. It sounds too like Lindsay's going to get some solo development too, which is good. I liked Lindsay in s2, before the whole D/L thing started in earnest, and am really hoping to see that Lindsay again.

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

For some reason i was sat grinning as i read the spoilers :lol:

I'm mildly happy they are not pairing DL up as much as i like the couple, i think because it needed a good resolution or a fresh start and friendship works a lot better and now maybe the bantering could come back.

Mainly because it wasn't what i expected to hear, Danny solo issues i could deal with its what we expect from him can't expect any less but it to me sounded more trouble than anything and i am thinking it must be to do with the return of Rikki.
    But Lindsay coming to his rescue i'm not sure how to take but it could be a way of showing us that yes they are friends but anything more wasn't working.

Lindsay's male interest, as much as i like DL i think its the way to go, mainly because her character needs to show that she is strong outside of Danny as a back up, and so far we don't know much this could be a good way to develop her and show us how good she is.

It all sounds very very interesting and its driving me mad.

15. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I agree, I don't 'really' think they would let the relationship stuff get in the way, I think my 'little' concern really is very tiny and based on the fact that this feels like somewhat new territory for them. But, in the spirit of improved continuity I think it's kinda exciting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.