Tennis

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI3Snickers, Apr 2, 2006.

1. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Wooooooooo! Nadal won! :D

I don't mind Federer cause it's interesting to watch him play and he's just such a really nice guy! It would have been great to see him set a new record but I was getting tired of him winning again and again! :p

I also agree with Adzix! I would have loved Federer to have won the 3rd or 4th set so the match was a little more interesting and exciting! :p

In the end they were both evenly matched and the best player won! :D

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I didn't know there was a tennis thread either!

Anyways.. I heard this morning that Nadal has cut Federer's lead at no. 1 to 545 points ( I think that was it), and by the end of summer he could be number 1!

And Andy Murray's back in the top 10 :D

3. 4blueeyez

4blueeyez Rookie

Man, that was a great match. I watched it from beginning till the end and I'm so happy that Nadal won. I've got nothing against Federer, but always the same one winning is getting boring ( I was cheering for Federer at Roland Garos ). But the best has won.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^^I think it all depends, at the moment, who wins the US open. So if Nadal wins he will more than likely be no.1

Like others hve said I was really annoyed when it looked like Nadal was going to win in 3 staight sets. But the last set was so frustrating- I didnt want to watch :lol:

5. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Oh man, I was so dissapointed when Federer lost.. Nadal did great but I was hoping for Federer again.. :) I'd been watching from the beginning and at some point I was so nervous. :lol: It was such a good match.

6. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I missed the first 2 sets because I was at work! But I heard Nadal was 2-0 up and it was like, oh that's a bit of an anticlimax, but then, how wrong was I?!

7. Gravity

Gravity Witness

What a match it was :thumbsup: Both played so well. These two guys are the best in the world...hope to see many more matches between them ;)

8. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

^ Now I agree with that! :) I did like Nadal climbing on the stuff.. that was funny to watch. But still.. Federer should have won. :p

9. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Nadal was my favourite to win.....and he did!:thumbsup:

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah I came in at the end of the 3rd set because I was at work too, but I was thrilled it was still going on because I hate to miss it.

I get sick of the same person winning too, usually unless it was someone like Andre Agassi who I adored and miss in tennis world.

11. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

I didn't get to watch the match, unfortunately, but I am so glad Nadal won. I've always found Federer to be a bit cocky. Yeah, he's a great player, no one's denying that, but he could lose the 'tude. And Nadal has been #2, in Federer's shadow for so long, I'm really glad he got this one.

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Spain defeated Argentina and won the third Davis Cup, wooooo !!!! :D

And without Rafael Nadal in the final because he was injured.

13. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Well done Spain :) I only saw a tiny amount of 1 match, but congrats. I'm looking forward to next year in tennis :)