Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

anyone know when the season premiere is gonna be?

2. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

According to Criminal Minds Fanatic the 4th season will start September 24th
    I wish it'd be September already!

3. GregNickRyanFan

Anyone else see the article about a possible spin-off of Criminal Minds?

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I did, and I'm wondering what it would be about. If it's more profilers, it would be the exact same show :confused:

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

No, but I doubt it will include an actor named Mandy. So, tell us what the article said. Will it be Criminal Minds: Miami? Criminal Minds: The Next Generation? Criminal Minds: Criminal Intent?

6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

From EW:

7. GregNickRyanFan

If done right, a spinoff could be really good. It might depend on the stars though. I wonder if Chuck Norris would ever do another cop like show. I was watching a Walker repeat last night and thought he'd be good as the lead in a CSI spinoff or Criminal Minds spin off. He could have either a Hotchner or Gideon/Rossi type of role. :)

8. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Did any of you ever watch NBC's "Profiler" with Ally Walker and Robert Davi (I don't count the last disastrous season, after AW left)? Criminal Minds not only took the whole idea but the airplane, as well. Therefore, I think a spinoff should be based in Atlanta, to pay homage to the original.

9. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

^I saw a few minutes of that show once, and I figured it was similar, but I didn't realize it was that similar, the plane and everything.

I think the spinoff's a bad idea, but it depends on what they have in mind exactly. Will it be a carbon copy? If so, then it's a really bad idea. I only like spinoffs if they've got subtle things that link them to the original, but it's not a blatant ripoff. So we'll have to see what Bernero has in mind.

September 24th! Why the long wait?!

10. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I was getting curious about spoilers and I found a tiny one.

Any scoop on Criminal Minds, like who may have been injured in the season finale? — Sheela

Matt: Previously, in Mega Buzz... I shared that the owner of the SUV has been impaired by the explosion. I have since learned that the shocking incident also will have injured a second person.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Greys-Lost-House/800043321

But um, that's it. :|

11. GregNickRyanFan

If it injured a second person, there were only a few people that were around another person when they got in their vehicles. Let's see... Reid was completely alone as was Garcia. I think Prentiss was with that short, older cop right before she got in her car (they were outside the hospital I think). We know that JJ was with Will. I think Hotchner was with that Hailey lookalike. I think Morgan was alone and I think Rossi was alone. Did I leave anyone out?

And what exactly does impaired mean in this context? It could mean blinded, deafened, or just plain injured.

12. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Please let it be Hotch. Sorry; I usually don't feel negative vibes toward a main character I'm supposed to like, but it's like Thomas Gibson is still playing Greg (you know, his old show, "Dharma and Greg"), just a more miserable version. Sure, he's hot, but he always seems so monotone. The personal storyline of a divorce didn't make Jack boring on "Without a Trace," so it's not a requirement. I do love Joe Mantegna's character. Easy for such a great actor. Maybe that's my problem with Hotch; he has such a strong supporting cast, he just doesn't stand out like the star should, ensemble or not. Okay, Hotch fans, fire away! Wait a minute, while I put on my flak vest. Okay, now I'm ready.

13. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: at the vest comment. I like Hotch, but I do agree that he doesn't stand out like someone like Grissom, Mac or Horatio do. He is kind of more off in the background. Though, I don't think he was supposed to be the top star of the show anyway. I think Mandy was, then he left and Joe came in and I think Joe is now supposed to be the top star. This is what gets me, this show did a perfect job of replacing Mandy. Joe is brilliant. But, CSI LV is considering some odd choices to replace Grissom/Billy. I mean seriously, Laurence Fishburne and John Malkovich do not fit with the rest of the cast at all. When I found out CM was casting Joe to replace Mandy, I instantly could see him fitting in with the rest of the cast. In fact, I think I'd even go as far as to say he fits in better than Mandy did. Too bad he's taken or he'd be perfect for CSI (Joe that is lol). :D

Does anyone know when the new Season starts? Is it Sept 24th before CSI NY?

14. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

^Yup. September 24th.

I highly doubt that the second person who is injured will be a major cast member. Bernero's been saying things like, "the person who got blown up was the right person to get blown up" and "it will all play out," and it just seems to me like if there were TWO people who we see regularly struggling with the aftermath of this, the already small amount of screen time given for the personal stuff would be split between the two and we wouldn't get the full effect that they're intending for us to get in regards to the person who is seriously injured. The second person might just be a bystander, or one of the cops they're working with.

15. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Think I'll be changing my bet on who was injured
    Joe Mantegna is set to do a multi episode arc on The Starter Wife next season, according to thefutoncritic's website

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.