Movies you think no one has ever heard of

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by MakeTracksCowboy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ i say we go find Paul Rudd out in Hollywood somewhere and just tackle him with some hugs. haha.

Scrooged- Bill Murray and Karen Allen are in this movie. i'm sure people have heard of this but i've never really heard about before last year. it's a cute movie it's a take on Scrooge. Bill Murray is fabulous as he overacts like he usually does in his movies. Karen Allen is adorable as Bill Murray's love interest (is it just me or does anyone else love her smile?). i like the part with the ghost of Christmas Present when she keeps smacking and hitting the crap outta him lol.

Priceless- Audrey Tautou from The Da Vinci Code and Amelie is in this movie. i haven't seen it yet but it sounds really good. she plays a woman goes after rich guys and this one guy she goes after she thinks he's rich and he's really not. if anyone has seen this let me know :)

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Anybody heard of Vincent, Luau or The Stalk of Celery? :) they're great

3. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

I've seen that movie!
    it wasnt too bad, i haven't seen it in a while but bill murray is usually pretty good aside from his recent few movies!

4. Rachel452

Rachel452 Dead on Arrival

Awesome movie! I have it on DVD, got it for like 5 bucks!!

5. Rachel452

Rachel452 Dead on Arrival

Awesome movie! I have it on DVD, got it for like 5 bucks!!

6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yes! I love Monster Squad. One of the best 80's films. Killer Klowns was good too.

I also love the "Childs Play" movies, "Heathers" "From Dusk til Dawn" and "Desperado" with Antonio Banderas.

7. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Has anyone seen FUNNY GAMES?
    its newly out, not a lot of people have heard of it since it is a Warner entertainment independent movie but its good, although the ending definetly could have been better (in my opinion)

8. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

The Tracey Fragments - Small, independent Canadian film with Ellen Page (from her pre-Juno days). Fabulous, and George Stroumbolopolous makes a cameo. Tracey Berkowitz, wearing a shower curtain in the back of a Winnipeg bus, looks for her little brother who's convinced he's a dog.

Fix - An independent film from Tao Ruspoli with the ever-lovely Olivia Wilde. A film-maker and his girlfriend must raise 2000 dollars to get his drug addicted brother to rehab within a day.

Lost and Delirious - another Canadian film based on a book, a story about two girls in love at a boarding school and their roommate (Mischa Barton, when she was about 14). Really well executed and acted.

9. Shytownmofo

I'm not sure if everyone on here is familiar with the movie "The Lost Boys."

Well, there's a sequel, straight to DVD, released today. "The Lost Boys: The Tribe" Has Corey Feldman in it, as well as Kiefer Sutherland's brother Angus. OK, for a Straight to DVD release.

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i got some older Carey Grant movies the other day. i got "Charade", "Arsenic and Old Lace" and "His Girl Friday". i've been on an old movie kick lately, i know none of my friends haven't heard of these since they're so old.

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

When I was younger, there was this movie my mom liked to watch, "Walking Tall" they remade it starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Johnny Knoxville, but to me the original was way better. Some others that 'most' people I know haven't seen ...

- Lady in White
    - Fright Night
    - My Bloody Valentine :lol: The orginal, I actually have the dvd and hope they don't follow it too much, that'll take the fun out of seeing Jensen in the movie next year ;)
    - K-Pax
    - Hocus Pocus
    - Freeway
    - Drop Dead Fred

12. Shytownmofo

OMG! I so totally forgot about "Lady in White!" That was such a cool movie.

I so need to check if it's available on DVD.

13. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Can I play? K-Pax is an awesome film, as is Drop Dead Fred, I haven't seen that in years! This thread is making me feel very nostalgic.

Someone mentioned Karen Allen...made me think of Starman (with Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen) which *no one * I know has ever heard of. Which is a crime IMHO. Also:

The Thirteenth Floor (Craig Bierko, Vincent D'Onofrio)
    A Matter of Life and Death (David Niven, Kim Hunter)
    Regarding Henry (Harrison Ford)

Hmm that was random. Nat x

14. CCA

CCA Police Officer

HECK YEAH lol A MUCK, A MUCK, A MUCK, A MUCK..it's a traditon every halloween you must watch HOCUS POCUS!!! ;)

The Nines - Small independent film, with Ryan Reynolds, Mellissa McCarthy...not many heard of it but I loved it. One of those that messes with your mind gets you thinking...I enjoyed it

I loved Fright Night!!! Mom always joked "Cody, that's your father" I know Drop Dead Fred, my friend loved that movie and always watched it!

I got one most people probably don't know it unless your a Jim Hensen fan!

Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas...it's another tradition you watch in this house on Christmas...that and of course Christmas Vacation ;)

15. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Yes, I've seen the Lost Boys, I believe it was actually for an English class when I was 14 we started to watch it and it was on TV a few weeks after. God that is going back a looong time! :lol:

I love old 80s/90s movies, I also adored Heathers, something satisfying even now bout Shannen Doherty not quite making it. Plus psychotic Christian Slater? Sold!

I tried to have a read through but there is just too many posts. So, I apologise if this film has been mentioned already. Cry Baby? With Johnny Depp playing Cry Baby? OMG I seen that film when I was five and I fell in love right then and there. 18 years on and I still love the man. I only managed to get it on DVD last year, I spent years trying to track it down on eBay and got so excited when it was listed on one of his pages as being re-released. *fans self* sorry got a little carried away, it's not the best film ever but it's by John Waters and that man also brought us the original Hairspray so Kudos to him :D

I loved Drop Dead Fred when I was younger. Oh, and Beetlejuice and Mermaids! Not forgetting Edward Scissorhands. I love Winona :D

Shall not get started on the Johnny/Tim Burton epic. Far too time consuming but down right awesome.