Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Re: Petersen leaves CSI for good

This is the most in-depth article that I've read so far on his departure! and on his "new contract" apparently their was a clause hidden in it, about him leaving, he's a sly fox, and a shrewd dude, upon only revealing what he wants to at this time! helping Grissom through the crisis will be his true love Sara, played by Fox who is returning for multiple episodes I knew when it said "she inked a deal" it was for more than one!

ARTICLE

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. TML

TML Hit and Run

What can I say? CSI is losing its identity. I've only been watching reruns of past seasons on SPIKE, especially after Jorja/Sara left last year. The main cast was pretty much intact over the first 7½ seasons, but it is disintegrating now. I probably would've accepted it more easily had main characters left during the first 2-3 seasons (as with CSI Miami and CSI NY), but now I can only speculate how much longer the other main CSI characters will last (I wouldn't be surprised if there are more departures before the end of this decade).

On the other hand, I'm still wondering how Grissom's persona will be written out - will he leave voluntarily (like Sara Sidle, Megan Donner, Alexx Woods, Yelina Salas), or will he leave involuntarily (like Aiden Burn, Tim Speedle, Warrick Brown)?

3. Buuffy

Buuffy Civilian

Re: Who Will Fill Grissoms Position???

With Grissom leaving they will most likely promote Catherine.. it's a give-in...

But to save the show they need to bring in someone who will keep the audience attention. Several names that were brought up I would have to agree are good ones...
    Avery Brooks - Great actor
    Micheal Doran - (worf.. cant spell his name)
    Gunn (Angel) - can't remember his real life name.. but still good actor..
    James Marsters - Excellent actor... and eye candy
    Or better yet... an unknown. Bring in someone new to acting all together.

But who ever they bring in.. the character they protray must be interesting.. or we will get B O R E D. :(

Grissom as a character brought us someone interesting to watch. He had a quierkiness. There was a depth to his character that non of the others had. He made us WANT to turn in. That void will be hard to fill.

But it can be done. What Kate was killed off on NCIS... Zeva was brought in. At first I wasnt sure about her, now... I like her so much better than Kate. Her character brings another dimension to that show.

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

Well, William Petersen was the whole reason my husband and I first started watching "CSI" (we're fans from his "Manhunter" days). So I'm disappointed to see him go, because I think an essential part of what makes this show "CSI" will go with him. By the same token, I can't say that I'm surprised. The smaller and smaller amounts of screen time he's been putting in tell me that the pace was taking its toll. As others have said, it will be interesting to see how he's written off. And I do wish him well. He's played two of my all-time favorite characters!

5. byline

byline CSI Level One

I never would've thought of Stephen Rea till you mentioned him, but he would be perfect!

6. 13CSIgal

13CSIgal Victim

Could it be possible that they put someone in like they did when he left for his sab? I mean it could be filled for a short term time period and he could make guest app. and then return after his theater runs for S/10. I know hopeful and wishful thinking, but I don't think he would leave us fans high and dry.

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Not that in that article he said "sometimes, the darkest hour is just before dawn." Hmmm. So, even if Grissom and Sara get back together, LH may come in and make him choose...However, only time will tell. We'll know more after the season starts......

I'm not attached to any one particular outcome of the season. That will only set me up for disapointment. Yeah, I'm disapointed he's leaving, but...alas, such is life. So long as the writing is good, and it's true to his character, that's really all I care about.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2008
  8. Desertwind

It was Jesse Stone and he is Det. Healy!

OOPS, wrong Stephen, this was not the one I meant, it was Stephen McHattie:wtf:and all your lovely Canadians, he's from Nova Scotia:bolian:

STEPHEN McHATTIE

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay guys were popping in spoilers and even though there in the box for those avoiding it its tempting, for those who slip and talk about it without its a let down. Guest starring appearances are really not spoilers, so I am going to edit and get rid of the boxes. But please keep this in mind in the future. I know the lab is missing, and this is perfect for it, but lets keep in mind why it is missing in the first place.

Another thing this is NOT SC please remember that any discussions on shipper related discussions should be done in that forum. I know that some of it will referre to current, and that is fine, what we don't want to happen is have an arguement about it. Please keep this in mind as well for the future.

10. Desertwind

Response to Shytownmofo

the thing is he's already chosen Sara, he asked her to marry him, and most likely they will leave together.. and the buzz is that in the episode "The Life Of Gilbert Grissom" one of the S/9 eps. it has her [LH] in flashbacks, as when they had their issues, her daughter, the grandchild etc. not as in coming back in the actual person, like now and "darkest before the dawn" to me means dawn is the light and that's a good thing.. time will tell won't it?

Sorry Destiny I guess we posted at the same time, I didn't know if this was OK or not, it was pertaining to the article after all, & he's discussing it, and we were discussing what he was saying! but if you feel it's not the proper place I understand and will not refer to this part of the news again!

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I would preferre the shipper talk be kept to a minium, while yes the article does discuss Grissom and Sara to a point, lets not expand it to the point of 4 kids, 6 grandkids, 10 great-grandkids type of discussion. As to the spoilers I explained that part, already. Thank you. ;)

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was reading the comments on the article at Entertainment Weekly's website and someone suggested they bring in Scott Bakula. I never even thought of him. He would be good on there. Someone suggested Goran Visjnic (sp?) who played Luka on ER. I like him, he's gorgeous and all, but I dunno how he'd fit in the CSI world permanently.

As for how Grissom will leave, the comments he made about that are kind of vague. Some ways you take it sounds like it might be a good thing, other ways it could be a not so good thing. I just hope the writers do his character justice. But, I'm sure he'll have some say in it. I love Grissom, but I also love Greg, Nick, Brass, Cath, Wendy, Archie, etc... and I'm sure the show can survive and make it through this transition. And again, I wish Billy all the luck in his future endeavors ( :lol: I sound like a yearbook entry :lol: ).

13. Drakkenfyre

Drakkenfyre Victim

I really think it should be someone relatively unknown. I'd rather not have a character on CSI have the baggage of an actor's well-known past roles.

14. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

this was my favorite show for so long, losing warrick , sara and grissom. it ain't my favorite so much anymore.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think Catherine should and will be promoted to supervisor, unless she decides not to take the position due to personal reasons; ie, needs to be home more for Lindsay. I love some of the names floating around here: Kevin Spacey would be phenomenal, but can't see him taking the job; I did like 'Davinci's Inquest' and the actor, if they are going to hire a supervisor from the getgo. But I do like the idea of a female supervisor, so I think it should be Catherine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.