Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I would love to see Danny call Lindsay out on all her crap. It's obvious from All in the Family that he's protective of Rikki and I think he'd snap and get mad at Lindsay. Of course then we'd all be subjected to that blank look of hers. :rolleyes:

I'd love to hear Danny tell her that but then we're back to that blank look again. :p Then we'd all know the status of whatever the crap they had. At least we'd know it would be over.

I'm not getting what that has to do with why Lindsay must go.:confused: The fact that I ship Danny/Don is, to me, separate from the many reasons I dislike Lindsay.

2. CSItaylorgirl

CSItaylorgirl Dead on Arrival

im sorry if i appear ignorant i jsut wanted to make sure because there are alot of people around that appear only to hate her because she is getting in between the danny flack relationship and use that frustration to pick her every flaw and i do agree lindsay does piss me off sometimes but i dont get why you need to make a thread to victimise a fictious character. i only hope that your comments are directed to tptb and not to the actress anna belkap because heaven forbid that she should stumble across this thread and see such negative comments about a character that isnt meant to piss people off and who she invests such time in trying to convey.

im sorry for comming in this thread. i dont want to cause a fuss. but i really dont like seein such negativity about anything. i commend criticism just in moderation.

i know i shudnt have commented here and wont again but i just get frustrated when the spoiler thread and other threads i enjoy are littered with anti lindsay stuff that id rather not read and need to spend ages sifting through.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

There's 542 posts in this WLMG thread alone that have very good reasons for wanting her gone but I don't remember any of them stating that Lindsay gets in the way of Danny and Flack's friendship. I honestly don't see where she is coming between their friendship at all. Their friendship is going strong and I doubt Lindsay, or anybody else, will ever come between that. :)

*cough*that's debatable*cough* According to Anna's interviews, it doesn't appear that she invests any time at all in her character.

You're more than welcome to come into this thread but this is the Why Lindsay Must Go thread, so I'm pretty sure you will see more than moderate criticism about her in here.

I'm afraid that as long as she's part of the spoilers, there will be posts from both sides of the fence. There is one spoiler thread that has the facts ONLY and no discussion to make it easier for people who only want to read the spoilers. You might find it easier to read. ;)

4. privatename

privatename Rookie

My frustration with the character of Lindsay has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is with Danny or because I am a fan of Danny/Flack. I don't ship Danny/Flack and Danny is not even one of my favorite characters although I think Carmen is a good actor and does a good job portraying Danny.

I dislike Lindsay for many reasons all of which I stated at some point or other in this thread. My comments and criticisms are aimed at both TPTB for not creating a well-developed character and at Anna. I realize it can be harsh to read criticisms of yourself, but as a professional actress you open yourself up to criticisms both good and bad and you have to be able to take it. I, of course, make no comment on Anna as a person since I don't know her. I just know that as an actor I don't believe she is good at portraying Lindsay's emotions nor does she seem to be very invested in the character of Lindsay. And I get completely frustrated when I see Lindsay doing something selfish or childish and yet none of the other characters ever calls her on her behavior.

Any job you have is going to open you up to criticism from your boss or coworkers or clients -- as an adult you need to be able to take those criticisms.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:confused::confused::confused:

Discussion and debate is welcomed and encouraged here, but please read the thread, or at least a page or two of the most recent posts before coming in here to make a statement that really has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I don't recall anyone ever making the statement that they dislike Lindsay because she's come between Danny and Flack.

Again, please, come debate if you don't agree with criticism of Lindsay but read the thread first so you know what that criticism is.

There's debate in the spoiler thread because of recent spoilers I know, so maybe try the "Just the Facts" thread for just the straight up spoilers. Beyond that, I believe the criticism of Lindsay is pretty well contained.

6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I don't see what that has to do with anything. Besides, the only Canon relationship between Danny and Flack is their strong friendship, which honestly, Lindsay has nothing to do with.

We've been talking about her selfishness, the way she's treated Danny, and her jealous attitide. Flack has NOTHING to do with that. See, Unlike Lindsay, Flack is his own character, and as shown in several instances, has his own life outside of Danny. It seems that anything Lindsay does is stapled to Danny, which Carmine himself even admitted.

That's actually a hot point of debate. Look a few pages back in this thread, and you'll find a couple of Interviews with Anna that seem to indicate that she DOESN'T invest a lot of time and thought into her character, and in fact, doesn't know who Lindsay Monroe is at all. In one, she's talking about adding a cowboy hat and other things to indicate that she's from Montana.......um, riiight. Contrast that to interviews with Carmine that indicate how much thought he put into his performances and how he should portray Danny.

Also, I don't mean to take the thread too far OT, but I watch the show NCIS, and there's a special feature on the Season 4 DVD where the main cast is eating dinner together, and they're answering questions and talking about various aspects of the show. Each one of them, even actors who'd been regulars on the show for one or two seasons knew exactly who their characters were, what they liked about them and didn't. They even knew quite a bit about the other characters, and which other character they'd like to play, even if for a day.

There was even a question directed towards Mark Harmon about his character's haircut and a moustache he had at the beginning of the fourth season. He seemed quite annoyed about that, saying something to the effect of the moustache and hair had nothing to do with the character, it was all about how he portrayed him......Hmmmm.

Contrast that with Anna Belknap, saying things in the interviews like "If you want Glamourous, you're not gonna get it." and "I wanted to wear western clothes and do this to show that I was from Montana." Yeah.

That's why I think Lindsay must go, or they need to take her character in a different direction. Until Season 4 and I read those interviews, I was pretty neutral towards Lindsay. Yeah, there were some things I didn't like about her... but, hey, it's a fictional character.

However, the Hypocrisy she showed in Season 4 towards Danny and his situation with Ruben, when Danny went out of his way to reach out for her, even flying across the country, and then she chastised him for shutting her out and not coming to her on her terms....yeah. Then, the interviews. A slap in the face to the actors who come to the set ready to play, and put a lot of thought into their characters.

Hey, I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't mind contrary viewpoints, just so long as you back up your statements, and dont get offended when someone disagrees with you. It's only causing a fuss when one comes into the thread with trollish statements and name calling. That's why it's a Discussion board.

ETA Whoa. I simulposted with Top. Killer!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  7. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

There's no more merit to that argument than there is merit to the idea that everyone who likes Lindsay is going to automatically dislike Rikki and I'd hope to say you're not subscribing to that pattern of thought. I'd also like to point out that 'victimize' and 'criticize' are not synonymous. There's no rule, at least none that I am so aware of, here at Talk that a criticism thread can only be created for certain characters. There have been, and if I'm not mistaken, still are threads criticizing others. WLMG certainly seems to be the most popular yes, but not only.

I think our comments are PC enough and thoughtful enough for anyone reading to understand this thread is more than unfounded aggravation or whining. While we might digress from time to time for the sake of humor or casual chat, our criticisms of both the character as she's written and portrayed are substantiated. And I certainly don't think any criticism we've expressed about Anna's acting is anything outside the realms of what all actors, stage and screen, have and will continue to face from their critics. The notion that there will always be people who don't like your work is something most people in the creative fields have learned to accept, and in many cases, good actors and artists can actually use criticism to better themselves.

I don't want to put words into anyone's mouth but, most active members of this thread welcome discussion, regardless of what opinion you hold. You're not going to be 'run out' on the basis you don't share our views, but you will very likely come under serious scrutiny if you go around making generalized accusations about why we feel the way we do about Anna or Lindsay. There's nothing people hate more than being crammed into a pigeon hole let along the wrong pigeon hole.

Now, I must say I don't know what's going on in other threads regarding people's comments about Lindsay, but it seems to me that if you are taking issue with the direction of discussion in other threads then you ought to be taking it up in THOSE threads. Not the thread where criticism of a particular character is the basis of the topic.

All that having been said, I have to agree with 1CSIMFan. Danny or Flack or Mac or Stella or Hawkes or ANY ship there in is not the topic of this thread.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Wow, you guys took the words outta my mouth. :lol: I'm half-inclined to say a certain term starting with 't' and ending with 'l' but I'll just second Top41's statements on the issue:

And also this:

Indeed, Danny has been used as a prop for years for Lindsay and there are definitely those of us who want it to end for both Danny's and Lindsay's sakes.

And I also agree with this:

Here on TalkCSI, all opinions are fair game. It's a matter of how you state it as well as backing it up with solid reasons, evidence, etc. Throwing accusations around and proving you didn't bother to read the thread and jumped to conclusions won't do anything except bring up suspicions you're just here to stir up wank.

9. captain_nati

captain_nati Prime Suspect

I have to say that from the beginning I didn't like Lindsay 'cause she simply took Aiden's place but I forced my self to like her 'cause sh was making my favourite character, Danny, happy... lame I know but...
    So when season four aired I saw again all this stuff that made me not like her, vain,selfishness, a lot of nagging etc.
    She wasn't there for Danny. She wanted him only in her terms. When she needed time he gave it to her but Lindsay doesn't like to wait!! She was even mad with him 'cause he didn't turn to her while he was grieving! So from now on I officialy dislike the whine-selfish- Montana girl- Lindsay Monroe

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Welcome to the thread, captain_nati!

I give you kudos for having the courage to say it outright. ;) Now honesty, I respect.

Yep, those are some of the main reasons why we believe Lindsay must go. If TPTB had intended for Lindsay to be a whiny, selfish and hypocritical character from the start, things may be different, but TPTB didn't. It was obvious from the beginning that TPTB attempted to 'make the audience like her' to the point of making Danny and any relationship he has with her as her props. (Yeah, she needs more than one!)

Why people can be oh so shocked at this propping business ending sooner or later mystifies me sometimes. Props are usually meant to be temporary, after all. If she has to be constantly propped up, even after years of being on the show as a main character, TPTB should seriously consider finding a different and more skilled actress for the role.

11. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

And that's just one of the latest horrible things about her. Why is it excused when she pushes Danny away while he offers support, but the moment he reacts similarly Lindsay throws up her hands and oozes frustration? Only later to get angry with him while he's clearly still grieving no less. She's not even got the hindsight to be sympathetic towards him in that situation? She won't give him anything, but expects him to give her his all? Isn't that the working definition of selfish?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  12. Silver_angel

Silver_angel Victim

I kinda like her in the beginning of the second season but towards the ending of that season she became a whining character.
    Who doesn't care for her collegues or friends, she just care about herself
    What I really hate about her is the way she acts towards Danny.
    He done everything to support her and she pushed him away with her comment: It's not you but it's me, that's really cliché and not to mention teener like angst.
    And then she get's angry at him for forgetting her birthday and the monologue of doom.
    Overall the character is poorly written and acted

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I totally agree. I sort of liked her, especially in season 2. Kind of Witty, tough, fun. Then, in Season 3, they turned her into a Teenangst Monster. The way she led Danny around by the scrotum in that season, yeah. Not cool.

Then, season 4 and the Monologue of Doom? Very low to do to a man who's grieving like that. Don't let the door hit'cha where the Good Lord Split'cha.

Then, there's interviews that suggest Anna Belknap doesn't really try with her character. That offends me, and really makes me wish TPTB would get rid of her.

14. Silver_angel

Silver_angel Victim

Makes me wonder why Anna Belknap was hired anyway.
    Since she admitted that her audition sucked and needed proping from Hill (I really pity him)
    You're right Shytownmofo Anna doesn't seem very happy with her character and from the interview she comes a bit argogant off.
    I read a couple of transcripts of the chats at CSI Files with Eddie,Carmine and AJ .
    They all put alot into their characters and they're all great actors .
    That goes for all of the actors on NY except Lindsay.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

You know, that really bothers me, too. She has no empathy--even though Danny is struggling with a lot of the same feelings and emotions she was in the third season, she has no compassion for him, no urge to reach out and say, I get it on some level. Instead she just gets mad at him for doing the exact same thing she did to him a season ago. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.