Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Re: Who Should Replace Grissom???

i agree with Adorable_Crazy. i would hate if there was a completely new actor that would take his place. Catherine should be the supervisor but a new male CSI seems inevitable. just not as a boss.

i don't think i'm gonna watch much CSI after he leaves, though.

2. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Well if not Catherine - then Nick should fill it. Promote from the ranks. I don't think they need to bring anyone new it for it. Personally I did not like it when Keppler filled in for him.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

What I would really like to see is Nick as supervisor. He has the respect of other CSI's and the cops. And there was an article last season, and I can't remember where it was from :eek:, that mentioned Nick being groomed as Grissoms successor.

What I'll settle for: (I agree with CSI_Kat, promote from within)

Catherine as supervisor
    Nick as her right hand (like she was with Grissom in the early seasons)
    Greg's been a level 1 since mid-season 5 so he should be a level 2 (at least) by now.
    Bring in 1 or 2 new characters to start at the bottom and work their way up.

What I don't want to see:

A big name "movie star" in CSI. Smith with Ray Liotta didn't last a full season. Shark with James Woods may have lasted a couple of seasons but I think it was more to give James Woods every chance they could. I personally see a movie star in a tv show and I keep thinking of the big screen and not the small screen. Besides the bigger the name the more screentime they're going to want and people on here already complain about lack of screentime for their favorites (I'll admit I have. :lol:).

Susan

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I totally agree with you Blackflag on everything you said. I do not care to see a major actor come in and take over. Why can't a female, Catherine, lead the shif? It's like they seem to think it has to be a man. I guess there is a glass ceiling in the CSI ranks.

5. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

I really hope they're not planning to bring sb new to be the supervisor. There are at least two experienced CSIs left, they deserve to be promoted. I'd personally love to see Catherine in charge, finally one of the CSI shows would have a female supervisor (it's high time for that :))
    sure, some new actors will be brought, but really - they can play newbies for while (just don't kill them on their first day of work :rolleyes:)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Agree with all who wants see Catherine as a supervisor. She really deserves it, and just like Fighter said - will be good to see female in charge. Of course Nick as her right hand and Greg been a level two. It's so easy to make me happy.

I don't think that idea of 'big star' in show is good. That really can't work...

7. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

I'm not sure he should be replaced at all. Frankly I think its time to bring this to a close. Too many of the core cast members are leaving and it was BP who brought people into CSI to begin with and held them there. The character and the actor center the show. I would hate to see another ER. If you want to do a CSI oriented show just start another one. This one is really dribbling off now. Pull the plug while it still has some dignity.

8. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

Re: Petersen leaves CSI for good

Well I guess thats the problem for me. Even WP talked about how so many of the original writers and production people have been pulled off Vegas to do the other CSI. He was extremely frustrated with that because he thought the show suffered and why dilute something superb for a bunch of shadow shows. So many of us have commented on how the story lines are just simply not as good. The writing is not spot on anymore. I go back to the earlier seasons and each case was so well written. I think the show is done. It's not just WP leaving. Except for some individual incredible episodes there is more than a bit of sag in the show and now we've lost two interesting secondary characters in Warrick and Sara and now Billy who really nailed the show for viewers early on. So its not just a changing cast but a changing focus as well? Sorry but thats a different show. So they should just make a different show and start over. Please don't let this one dribble away.

9. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I actually think that the post strike episodes where the best CSI episodes for ages. I agree that it did suffer a bit the first few seasons, but I really think it picked up again last season. BUT one of the reason for that, was because Billy Petersen actually took more of a role in the episodes - it was pretty old school CSI for a while there. Him being the central figure and good writing and good stories.

So I do actually think that they can still do the stories -but of course, the 2nd part of the reason for that mini renaissance (imo), is leaving! So who knows. For me it isn't a concern as I wouldn't watch CSI without William Petersen. It'd just be too damn strange! X Files without Mulder, CSI without Grissom - no way, it just doesn't work for me.

But I do hope the show carries on succesfully, and maybe gains itself a new fan base as well as keeping a lot of the old one. As it's just been a really fantastic show, one of the best in the last decade. It'd be sad to see it go, I don't think it will though!

10. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

I would be a liar if I said I wasn't upset to see William Petersen leave. But with being in the lead role for over eight years, he deserves a break. I knew it would happen eventually, and change is always a very good thing. Hopefully, he will be back, even if it's just as a guest star. I feel that CSI will keep going just as well without him. After all, it's nearly always the storylines, not the characters, that draw people. That's what drew people toward CSI in the first place. And I, for one, will keep watching the show :)

11. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

It's really difficult to replace Petersen since all of us have already gotten used to his style, thus giving life to Grissom. Perhaps, temporarily, Willows (Helgenberger) can take over as team leader until some actor steps in.
    Anthony La Paglia won't do because he's in Cold Case. Was it Liev Schriber who replaced Petersen for a while way back? If it's him, maybe he can fill in.

12. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I agree with Deirdre and everyone else who said that Cath should be promoted. She really deserves it and is more than competent to do the job. It would be a slap in her face if someone new came in to do the job.

Promote Cath, make Nicky her second and Greg a CSI 2!

13. texastimothy

texastimothy Hit and Run

I don't think Liev can do it. Getting killed on CSI pretty much prevents you from working there again. Weird, I know.

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Who Will Fill Grissoms Position???

Since the "Who will Replace" bothered many, note that I have renamed the thread to Who will fill his position. Though if neither author minds down the road I wouldn't mind putting this and the one about WP leaving together and rename to reflect both. - I know that I asked that new characters not be discussed but at the time the info was new as is any thing mentioned of new stars right now, BUT after awhile they both tend to carry over into each other, so at that time to put them together would be good (always wait for the right time ;) ).

Second actually if you all remember in that last seen with Keppler, Catherine and Grissom, we saw him get loaded into the ambulance, we the paramedics pronounce him, heard the flat line, saw Catherine cry, saw Grissom help her. But we never saw and autospy, we never saw a funeral, we never actually saw him dead persae. So whose to say that they (like the states attorney, etc) didn't fake his death in return for info on other things. Hmm not saying this will happen (not even a spoiler that I know of on it), just saying you never know what can happen in the land of tv. ;)

15. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

Re: Who Will Fill Grissoms Position???

Destiny, heh heh... I like your thinking about Keppler ;) I actually liked his character (the few eps he was in) and wouldn't have minded if he had become a recurring character. But now that Grissom will be leaving *heart breaks*, I would LOVE him to come back. Maybe have Cath/Nick become supervisor and have Keppler on the team?....?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.