How Much is Gas Where you Live?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokey, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Wow, Gravity, and I can barely afford $4/gal. I know I would not be able to do about $9.50/gal. I would have to find a job I could walk to then.

Dynamo1, the RaceTrac I work by is near an industrial park, where I work. Anyway they always have their gas cheaper.

2. Gravity

Gravity Witness

Dizzney: I know, the prices over here are ridiculous :eek: Luckily I do most of the things by using public transport but when we want to travel or go to friends/family, we use our car and yes, that's quite expensive.

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

We are sticking in those prices here as well... now settled for a while. Diesel in 1.43€/litre

Thank god for diesel car

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Well gee isn't it grand that gas prices seem to be staying at around the $4.15 mark here. :rolleyes: Will make for a very expensive drive up north next month. :scream:

Public transportation is really not even an option where I live.

5. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I guess I live in a good part of San Diego :lol: Gas by my house is 4.33. Then again I live right by a navy base so that is part of the reason why its cheaper. Other parts of San Diego aren't so lucky :p One area is 4.89! :eek:

6. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I am currently paying 1,68 euro/litre that is 10,12 dollar/gallon.
    I just have unleaded gasoline (euro 95)
    That is in the Netherlands...

:(

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Public transportation is not really an option for me where I live too. The nearest bus stop is a few miles away. :(

8. Gravity

Gravity Witness

Here a 'Dutchy' as well ;) and about that 1.68...you can get it cheaper...only 8 cents but still, it's 8 cents ;)

9. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

true! but the road I have to take to get some cheaper gas is around the distance that the 8 cents doesn't matter!

10. Gravity

Gravity Witness

Luckily enough we have a cheaper gas station here just a few minutes away where the price is around 1.55...but still too much money, we pay for a full tank around 75 euros :eek:

11. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

^Yeah, there's a reason I fill up my tank before going to Holland :p

Paid yesterday: 49,60 for about 37 liters diesel. That's 1,331 per liter.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok all of you that live in the USA. Love how oil prices are going down and gas prices are going up.

Come November there will be a referendum that will allow voters to recall elected officials. I don't know what the referendum is called, but look for it.

This recall will allow voters to recall any elected official we don't think are doing there jobs.

Why am I telling you this? Because the Senate is voting on whether they should give themselves a raise. Yup, we're all suffering, people are losing their jobs left and right, we pretty much pay for everthing for the senate and they want a raise.

I say do your job first and get the economy fixed, the gas prices lower and fix the housing industry.

Know what this raise will mean? HIGHER TAXES for us!!!!!!

Now here's another thing to chew on. I was watching "Black Gold" on TruTV last night. It's a show that follows three crews drilling for oil in Texas. Now don't get me wrong, these guys work really hard and I'm not complaining about them. What I'm complaining about and mad about is one of these teams hit oil and the owner of this rig will make $50 MILLION DOLLARS IN PROFIT! Yup, $50 million, but lets keep raising the gas prices. :rolleyes:

13. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Well I am shocked.....gas prices are finally coming down. The cheapest I saw today was $3.68. I am doing a happy dance. I am going on vacation in 2 weeks (300+ miles 1 way) I hope gas prices keep coming down!

14. 4blueeyez

4blueeyez Rookie

I filled my car my gas yesterday and it was 1,509 euro/liter (euro 95). That was the cheapest one I could find in the area. (In the Netherlands).

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Gas here at the moment is $1.24.4 a liter. I think the most it was was 1.37 :eek: so a $0.13 drop not bad.