How old are most CSI fans?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Guest, Jan 13, 2005.

?

Do you agree with Matt Roush?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    20.4%
  3. I fall somewhere in the middle

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

It makes me happy that there are older people here. I was beginning to think that they were trying to drive us out

2. butterontoast

butterontoast Civilian

I'm 17 and have been watching CSI (Las Vegas) for about year now. I still remember that day when I discovered CSI, it was teh ep. when Grissom was going to race cockroaches and I remember saying " cockroache races! I got to watch this show more often." There was no turing back. :lol:
    How did you people discover CSI? (I'm not shure If I'm allowed to dicuss this here, I'm new. Sorry If I broke a rule.)

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

We used to have a separate thread for that discussion, but I am too tired from work to try to find it. Maybe later. Anyway, welcome to the nut house. Virtual snacks are by the door. Maybe not buttered toast, but that would be like cannibalism, wouldn't it?

4. 13CSIgal

13CSIgal Victim

I am 30 and started watching CSI at the end of season 5. I loved that finale that QT directed. I think that is what hooked me. :)

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Actually if you would like to start a thread on it, maybe how they discovered CSI LV, why they continued to watch it, and what is it about the show that they like (besides the characters/actors).

Dynamo is correct there was another thread, but it probably got swept with the board cleaning or locked due to lack of comment (ie last comment a year ago). So again If you want to start a thread like I mentioned above it would be better. ;)

6. butterontoast

butterontoast Civilian

Thank you Dynamo for wecloming me. Haha yes, I guess it would be. :lol:

Destiny, thanks for clearing that up for me. Maybe I will start my own thread for that topic. If I do hopefully it won't die like the last one. xD

7. togofan444

togofan444 Prime Suspect

I know people of all ages who are huge fans of the show. It's nice that it appeals to such a wide age-range.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  8. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Yeah true.

I am not bothered by the lower representation of us oldies here 'cos:

Only those CSI fans who are also computer savvy, have the free time AND who interested/comfortable enough with the internet to join forums are represented here.

so the statistics are going to be skewed for the younger demographic.... yeah I really am a "rocketscientist"..... sorry.....:rolleyes:

Despite what Grissom says evidence is only as good as it's interpretation!
    And THAT needs judgment from people. Always question the accepted answers (and 'authority') !!

9. britfan

britfan Pathologist

I'm 35 and am seriously addicted to it! But Rocket is right. I only found this forum cos my Y11 class three years ago showed it me as they were bored of me saying we were six months behind in the UK and I wanted to know what happened faster than that! I would never have joined a forum like this without that.

And time is a big thing when we get older... I try and sneak on once a week when I have a free period at school... see what's what!

We shall never be driven out! :lol: We have a more rounded view of the world and can appreciate alternative view points... and we never forget that this thread is for a giggle and nothing more. It can't be taken as life and death, the be all and end all as some threads here seem to be. Just enjoy the diversity, don't let it get you down.

10. Gigadark

Gigadark Victim

I'm 23 and I started watching CSI at the beginning of season 4 (5 years ago)

After that, I discovered the two spin-offs. Now, I'm a huge fan of all the three shows. I live in Belgium, so I watch the french dub (but I watch the original US version when it's broadcasted on CBS).
    My great passion is to analyze the episodes frame by frame to spot erros (like a dead body breathing, a camera in a mirror,...)
    I also watch the french dub and the US at the same time to notice translation errors in the dub.

(Like I said, french is my mother language. I learned english watching CSI -- no lessons at school. I hope you understand me.)

11. clarissasparrow

clarissasparrow Victim

Im 14 going 15!!!

12. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Well said britfan as always!

So you have no idea how to ask for 'a loaf of bread and some cheese' but can say 'I need to check your prints through AFIS and your DNA through CODIS. Hand me the luminol'?

13. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

We shall not be driven out! I like that. Yeah, Rocket, I know what you mean, alot of people don't have free time and are into postboards, it just sucks that we lost some of the older members, there are never enough. There are many who left...My two friends who did are 52 and 32, but I know of two others who are about 22 and 23, someone else in her 40s who seems to have dissapeared, someone else my age...it's sad. When I was new, I felt like there was a much better age balance. Maybe with the new season people will come back and more will join. It's always at the beginnings and ends of seasons when mass amounts of people join (and for some reason when there is more fighting in the soiler lab when there is one) Ok, it's 2 am and I'm ranting...

14. saramarie2008

saramarie2008 Dead on Arrival

I'm 18 and my mom is 48, we watch CSI daily. :)
    We recently bought seasons 1-7 and finished season 5 tonight.

15. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

I'm 24 and I've been watching for about four five years after much mocking of my parents who've been fans for much longer!

And on a second note, I haven't been here in ages! How I've missed it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.