Rikki's Coming Back! (formerly Bring Rikki Back!)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kimmychu, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

That is something I hadn't even thought of. Surely if Danny and Lindsey had been close (close enuogh to have been considered dating) then surely at some point Rikki would have seen Lindsey in the hallway with Danny...? Rueben would have mentioned Danny having a girlfriend?

ANyway I am getting into a totally different thread here... but it was an interesting point I had never considered.

I completely agree, I really hope that TPTB keep them apart in that respect. I would hate a talented actress and a bloody good character to be brought back for such pitiful reasons.

I guess we can only cross our fingers and hope that they find a good storyline.

On a side note, it would also sink D/L into less credibility whether in ending it or starting it. If he chooses Lindsey and lives happily ever afterit begs the question why did we have to have 3 seasons of pointless teen-angst (couldn't they have just got them together and that be that) and if he doesn't, yes it finally puts a nail in the coffin but given at how Lindsey has reacted when he didn't return feelings he didn't know she had, I'm not sure I want to watch the fall out... are we gonna have more flouncing out of scenes, ignoring him, long pointless speeches? They need to find a way to end D/L so the characters can move on from it without subjecting us viewers to the fall out, and adding Rikki into that mix I don't think would achieve that.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It's so good to know that Rikki will be back in Season 5! :cool:

Kimmy, I love that scene. I have to agree, her expressions were subtle yet oh so powerful. Jacqueline really made that scene work, and really made me want her to come back for more.

I loved the dialogue in that scene, as well. Jacqueline really made that scene great!

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

That's right! :) That's why I think it's great of Rikki to be returning to the show ... a chance to see Danny's life unassociated with his work. Perfect for showcasing NYC life through the eyes of a New Yorker (or two, if Rikki is a native NYCer too). C'mon, TPTB, it's CSI:NY! We wanna know about NYC and its people!

The difference is even more stark when ya realize Rikki's been through much more pain and heartache during that time and yet, she's the one who doesn't think twice about comforting Danny and making sure he knows she doesn't blame him and doesn't want him to blame himself. I'll say it again, it takes a person of great character and strength to be able to do that. :)

Excellent points! Score to Rikki for having the mind and eventual resolve to be honest about things and tell Danny about it. Score also to Danny for letting Rikki know she was right in the end and meaning every word.

Yeah, his upset at Rikki leaving was very apparent:

[​IMG]

Yep. That was what brought me to the conclusion Rikki is unrelated to any Danny/Lindsay drama going on and vice versa. The only direct link and future drama I can see is if TPTB writes that Lindsay finds out Danny's slept with Rikki and is unhappy about it and stirs up a fuss. It's possible that Lindsay may never, ever find out and still choose to just be friends/co-workers with Danny, in light of her telling Mac how stupid it'd been of her to ever get involved with Danny.

For all we know, despite her feelings for him, she may even be happy for Danny if he's found happiness with Rikki. If she really loves the guy, she'll happy that he's happy, wouldn't she?

Agreed so damn much. I second Sammy11's statements on the situation:

Yes, they were! :) She managed to convey so much with just a look!

Here's her scene from episode 4x11, when Danny informs her of Ruben's passing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, Rikki. :( And poor Danny too. :(

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Jacqueline was incredible in both scenes. My heart totally broke for Rikki when Danny came to tell her about Ruben--is there any worse news a human being can get? I thought Jacqueline was perfect; she really did a fantastic job of showing the shock and grief hitting Rikki all at once.

And I thought she was great when she told Danny goodbye. You could tell it was hard for her; she'd made a real connection with him and had come to really care for him. And it's clear from that scene that she truly doesn't blame Danny for Ruben's death at all. Which makes her a pretty forgiving person, because she easily could have held him responsible.

I totally think she's coming back preggers. :lol:

5. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Don't say things like that Top... please... I can't take it.

I'd laugh yes, but then be totally peeved about it. Unless it isn't Danny's... She has met someone new or something.

But then I'm not sure (if it were me) I'd want another child so soon. I know a woman who lost her baby in very tragic circumstances (a car hit the buggy) and its 2 years later that she is trying again. Don't get me wrong accidents happen and we don't know if Danny or Rikki were careful (TMI), but...

...I just really don't want it too happen. I really don't want it to happen, I know that probably means it's gonna happen, but I ask all the dieties listening to my plight, please, please, please do not bring Rikki back preggers...

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Those pics from various Danny/Rikki scenes are amazing. Both Carmine and Jacqueline convey angst/hurt so well.
    What I love about Danny and Rikki's interactions is how heartfelt those scenes are, how strong the emotions between them, and how open they are with each other. Rikki is very tender with Danny in that scene where she leaves, and he is incredibly tender with her in their scene in RND. I've never heard Danny talk to anyone as softly and tenderly as he did to Rikki in that scene, with the exception of Louie when he was hurt. Danny may be an emotional guy, but he's not the kind of guy who shows tenderness often or readily, and that's why the scene in RND with Rikki really stood out for me.

Can't wait to see Rikki back, and am just praying that TPTB don't make it to do with D/L. CSI NY needs it's characters to have relationships outside of the lab more.

7. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

^ That is what I love about them too. And the fact that Jaqueline Pinol can convey Rikki with great skills. Seeing the screen caps of her in Child's play made me remember her performance. Very believable. Not too exaggerated, not too calm. Just the right amount of tears and body language.

Then comes All in the Family. I remember the scene from Danny's apartment when she sees the gun. My view is this: she didn't go to Danny's with the intention of taking the gun. She just knew that Ollie Barnes made bail, and from her reactions and the wway she left the apartment in such a hurry lead me to think that she came up with thee idea of stealing Danny's gun when she saw it.

Back in the alleey, I loveed how just one look on her face transported all her emotions to the viewers. She was angry but she was hurting in the same time. And then when Danny showed up, because he was feeling guilty (kudos to Carmine also who did an awesome job portraying Danny's guilt) and when hee put himself between the gun and Ollie, Rikki's expression automatically changed. Her reaction was immediate, and natural.

I just love Jaqueline for the fact that she can shine on less than 2 minutes of screentimee and leave an impression on people's minds and her facial expressions and body language remain imprinted in the publicc's mind, and it's a very good thing that we get to see her again.

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I agree. It's especially painful because it's a mother who learns her only son whom she loves very much is dead. :( I can't think of a more horrible thing for a mother to experience.

:) Yes, and that's why it's such fantastic news that Rikki's returning for at least several episodes in season five! I'm hoping she may even become a permanent recurring character in the near future. That would be just lovely.

:guffaw: Dude, if she does, Rikki's going to stay for a looooooong time. And I'm cool with that! Bring it on, TPTB! :cool: Wouldn't it be something to see Danny and Rikki becoming a family with a baby on the way? The thought of Danny cuddling a baby and trying to calm it to sleep is keeling me over. :lol:

Hear, hear! :D Even during the tense confrontation between Rikki and Ollie, there was a great tenderness between Danny and Rikki:

[​IMG]

One of the most obvious proofs is Danny calling her sweetheart and putting himself between her and Ollie. I think he did that not so much to make sure Ollie didn't get shot but to save Rikki from doing something she'll regret for the rest of her life, even if it meant sacrificing himself. He even told her straight that if she should blame anyone, it should be him and left himself wide open for her to shoot him, if she wanted.

[​IMG]

But she didn't.

Rikki: I just want him back.

As miss_blue eloquently put it:

[​IMG]

You can see how much Rikki's pain is affecting Danny here.

More proof of the tenderness between them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hurray for Rikki returning! :D :D :D

9. Top41

There was so much emotion in that scene between Danny and Rikki in "All in the Family." She was so angry and so hurt (understandably, of course) and she wanted to lash out at someone. But not Danny. When Danny got between her and Ollie, all that anger just seeped right out of her. That scene definitely showed the connection that was there between the two.

ETA: The more I think about it, the more I do think she's going to come back pregnant. Not that anything can ever make up for Ruben's death, ever, but thematically it absolves Danny somewhat and also means that Rikki isn't left all alone with nothing. It's a fresh start of sorts.

It makes me think of the movie Minority Report.

The parents in that movie were torn apart when their son disappeared, but at the end of the movie they were brought back together by discovering what happened to him and the final scene showed the wife pregnant.

Basically, it would signal a fresh start, and like I said, some sort of redemption for Danny--as much as he's ever going to get.

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Well, I got another reply from Jacquelinepinol.com's administrator. I emailed to congratulate Jacqueline on her return to the show after the confirmation by Ausiello at Entertainment Weekly:

Hurray! :D I hope this means there's a chance Rikki will be around for a looooong time! (Huh, the second last line actually reminds me of what Eddie said about himself when asked about playing Flack on the show.)

:) I like the idea of Rikki having a fresh start of sorts in the form of starting a family with Danny. True, it won't ever make up for Ruben's death or erase the pain of losing him, but yeah, it can very well be an amazing fresh start for both of them and a fantastic opportunity at redemption for Danny.

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I agree. This could be interesting. If done properly *cough* it could actually be good.

12. Top41

I think if they go that route, the focus will be on Danny being a father and really growing into the role, and revealing/discovering a new side of himself. I agree that it could be really great!

Kimmy, awesome that you heard from the admin at Jacqueline Pinol's site again! :D Awesome that she's psyched to return--we're thrilled to have her back! :D

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:D :D :D How lovely would that be?! I remember mentioning somewhere on the board a long time ago it would be so awesome of Carmine to tackle a father role ... If we get to see Danny being a father and growing into that role, oh man, I think Carmine will have a ball working on such meaty material! :lol: Add Rikki, who very obviously cares for Danny and has such great chemistry with him, to the equation and ya got yourself some good TV!

Yeah. Totally bowled me over when Jacqueline herself emailed too! She is so sweet and wonderful. :D I can't wait to see her back on the show!

14. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I'm really excited about Rikki coming back. I think her character is wonderful. I love the chemistry she's had with Danny. I'd love to see that explored more. It's obvious that she and Danny get each other on a very basic level.

However, I'm ambivalent about the prospect of Rikki coming back pregnant with Danny's baby. This is mainly due to TPTB's horrid track record with continuity (Where's PerfectAnomaly with her "Black Hole of Continuity Playing Pool with Louie" icon when you really need her).

I think if they did it correctly, it'd be a fabulous storyline and layer to add to both the show and Danny's character. I just don't necessarily trust TPTB to do it correctly. I fear they'd either do it half heartedly, or bring it up and drop it like they did with the Louie storyline.

15. Top41

Oh, I definitely worry that the baby thing could be done badly. I just suspect it's the route they're going to go, and it does make sense in a thematic way of offering Danny some sort of redemption on Ruben's death. Not that another child could ever replace Ruben, but the whole something good coming out of a tragedy way. I could be wrong, so who knows. I'm just thrilled they're bringing her back. :D