Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Finch, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

I can't wait for Supernatural watchers in Holland to see Bloody Mary and that will be the episode that will esp. bring more fans to the Supernatural side. ;)

I have to admit I don't like clowns neither and I even put my hands infront of my eyes during that episode. I blame the movie IT for me being scared of them. :lol:

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

And I don't believe the clown raped anyone. Not sure Kripke would be able to get that past Thw CW execs. :lol: I think he just murdered the girls' families.

Yeah, HarleyQuinn, you should keep watching. It'll definitely be worth your time. Like Happilyhappy said, there are many different types of episodes and this show likes to defuse any seriousness/scariness with a bit of humour.

That reminded me of one of the Batman movies where Jim Carrey was sucking out people's energy as they were watching television. :lol:

I'd love that. Especially since I didn't think season 3's premiere was too hot. :eek:

^ Gah, 'Bloody Mary' is a great episode to pull in fans, definitely. Also, 'Provenance' because it showcases the humourous aspect of the show really well. I mean, the first episode I'd seen was 'Route 666' and it didn't exactly give me the best impression of the show. That episode was a little all over the place. It was leaps and bounds from 'Provenance', 'Skin', 'Bloody Mary', etc. and not in a good way. :lol:

3. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Eh, I never really had any time to watch it, though, because of life. /: school, work, babies; not enough me-time. ;____;
    But I watch bits of episodes here and there, and I absolutely ADORE the show. :D
    Supernatural = amazingly awesome. <3

and yeah. ;___; it was crazy

4. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

PHHHHHHHH I never thought I would but since a couple of weeks back I've been watching this show and though I not entirely crazy about it, I think it an pretty okay show so far...but I would watch an episode here and there, I'm not addicted, not yet anywayz :p..

So yeah just drop in here *waves at all the familiar faces* hahaha

5. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

And THAT just reminded me of Dean in Bad Day at Black Rock when he gives Sam that evil sexy grin and says, "I'm Batman."

Shazza, that's only because you haven't seen one of those "reel em in" episodes that they have. Us crazed fangirls were once in your spot, watched an episode that wasn't entirely up to par (Route 666, or Bugs from season one comes to mind) but then we decided to give it another chance and watched one of those really mind blowing episodes (Skin, anyone). Alas, here we are crazed as ever. :lol:

6. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

*new fan here* :D

I started watching since Shazza put up the Supernatural Icon Challenge, and I've been hooked eversince. I'm at the beginning of the second season now, just watched 'Bloodlust' and I'm gonna watch the next epi in a few minutes :D

I have to say I *love* Dean. He looks like a mean pitbull on the outside, but he's just a big pussy on the inside :lol:

Hey Happilyhappy, what epi's your icon from? :angel:

7. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

My epi icon is from Ghostfacers (made by the awesome anotonella87 at livejournal). It's from season three (I think episode 13?) and was just hilarious. It mocks documentary type shows, like Sci Fi Channel's Ghost Hunters. It's hilarious and it shows Supernatural:: almost like "Supernatural: Behind the scenes of the investigation."

Not many people liked it because it took a different approach from what the audience is used to, but I got the joke and found it hilarious. I mean, we got to see Dean flip off a camera. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  8. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Oh! That reminds me of the crossover episode of X-Files with Cops. xD God, that episode had me cracking up... and I think I saw that one because I remember going 'DEAN CANNOT ACT THAT WAY!' in the living room. :guffaw:

9. Finch

That episode was easily one of my favourites of season three. I totally appreciated that TPTB were going for something different and challenging and they pulled it off really nicely. It got some mixed reviews (some complained because Sam and Dean didn't show up for 15 minutes. :rolleyes:) but it was a fun jab at shows like 'Ghosthunters', 'Celebrity Paranormal Project' and 'Most Haunted'. I loved that it didn't adhere to the show's normal formula.

That's how I viewed the show at first. It was good content, wasn't crazy about it or anything but I'd watch it if there was nothing else on. It's one of those shows that slowly creeps up on you and you never turn back. :lol: It is actually one of the most genuinely funny and well-written scripted shows out there.

YAY! :D I didn't mind 'Bloodlust' but it wasn't my favourite episode. I never really got the whole 'Vampire' angle. I thought once was enough for the show, honestly.

I believe Kim Manners (executive producer now) and John Shiban (co-executive producer) both worked on X-Files so it makes sense that Supernatural would have and episode similar to that one.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  10. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Oh, well yeah, that makes sense. xD I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff, hahha. I usually pay attention to the episode and then I'm off doing something else. xD

11. Finch

Heh, don't worry, it's not like you're required to know it. :lol: I'm just extra nerdy when it comes to this show and thought it was interesting to mention.

It's cool how on both shows, they use almost the same special effects, down to the black demon eyes. :eek:

12. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Really? O:
    I've just noticed a bunch of similarities between the shows, but I kist thought it was because they're both paranormal shows. xD
    But I think the one thing that's different is that Mulder and Scully could end up getting together - maybe in the movie? - while I doubt that Sam and Dean will ever 'get it on'. :lol:

(If Mulder and Scully have gotten together before the movie, LOL. I haven't seen that show in ages. xD)

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol: That sounds like me when I saw No Rest For the Wicked .. the look my hubby gave me when I was watching it .. no words can describe it :guffaw:

Oh god IT!!! That movie terrorized me when I was a kid :wtf: but guess who else is afraid of clowns ...

Don't you just love him...

and just cause this one makes me crack up every time I see it :p

Jensen Being Jared :guffaw:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Personally, I disliked the Lilith character the first time she ever appeared. :lol: So, I hope they get rid of her in the first ep of the season. I'm sick of her already. :lol:

I miss the way the show was like a horror movie every ep. When they got the on-going villians, that part of the show went away. I like the idea of them fighting things that go bump in the night, not just demons in people's bodies or superdemons or whatever. I like the idea of vamps, werewolves, mummies, zombies etc... I wanna see more of that kind of thing.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  15. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Dean! Sam! Sammy!! Dean!! :lol: They are adorable:

Awesome video.

Jensen & Jared to Make 2 Day Appearance At Comic Con

Publicist for the hit Warner Bros/CW Newtwork series Supernatural have just announced that Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, who star as Dean and Sam Winchester will be making a two-day appearance at the upcoming San Diego Comic Con.

"I would hate to have a bunch of unhappy fans who didn’t have any idea of the different dates for the panel & signing in advance! They’re a fantastic & loyal bunch and deserve a heads up," The publicist stated in a press release about the scheduling of the Supernatural panels and events at this year's San Diego Comic Con.

In the press release the publicist gave the following information for fans of the show who wish to attend Comic Con to support the series and the actors.

Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki will be at Comic Con on Saturday July 26th at the Warner Bros booth(#4329 in the main exhibit hall) to sign autographs from 5PM to 6PM.

Then on Sunday the 27th of July they will then be attending the Supernatural Q& A panel which will run from 11:15 am -12:15 pm in Rm. 6CDEF,
    To repeat the breakdown of their scheduled appearance:

Saturday, 7/26:
    5:00-6:00 p.m.: Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki sign autographs in the Warner Bros. booth (#4329).

Sunday, 7/27:
    11:15 am – 12:15 pm: Supernatural Panel featuring Jensen, Jared, EP/Creator Eric Kripke, Co-EPs Ben Edlund and Peter Johnson and Supervising Producer Sera Gamble (Rm. 6CDEF).

It will be moderated by Entertainment Weekly’s Alynda Wheat and will feature exclusive Comic-Con only footage from the 4th season premiere episode, in addition to a portion of the gag reel from the upcoming Season 3 DVD release.

12:30 – 1:15 pm: Supernatural Producers sign in the WB booth (#4329).

**FYI that Jared Padalecki will also be participating in a panelfor “Friday the 13th” in Rm. 20 from 1:00-1:30 pm on Sunday July 27th.

ETA:
    Since the publicist who sent out this press release asked that the news be spread quickly so all fans would have a chance to know about it, I just cut and pasted my article I wrote for my blog at TVG. Please feel free to repost this information where ever you think it might be of interest.

http://dean_sam.livejournal.com/4910158.html

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.