Horatio & Alexx-Two Peas in a Pod

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by vegaslights, May 11, 2005.

1. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Ah first time I've wondered in here, not a fan of this being a romantic ship due to Alexx's married staus but I love the dynamic in their friendship, great thread folks.

They are very similar and there is no-one who understands H quite like Alexx I think.

I love the ending to 'Bunk' where H has put the bad guy away and Alexx meets him in the hall.

Alexx says "What a minute you're still unsettled, it's not about the victim is it"
    H: "you know what Alexx for me it is about the victims, the ones that die to young, too soon, you know"

I love the way Alexx can pick up that he is still disturbed and she gives him an ear to talk to.

And the number of times she walks in autopsy when he is in there just contemplating and she stands and waits for him to say what is concerning him, it really is adorable!

2. ladycaruso

ladycaruso Witness

I love that too, Footyliz. I really think she knows him best. And I'll bet he knows her really well, too.

About the married thing - that's what AU is for! :devil:

3. midnightsun

midnightsun Coroner

Yeah, she does have that whole 'shoulder to lean on' 'ear to bend' kinda thing goin on... I love her... & she lets H express to her what he otherwise wouldn't to anyone else... They're buds :).

4. Palm

Palm Coroner

Heh. So, who here really sees them as just friends? (or am I the only one who ships them. Naughty palm :D)

5. midnightsun

midnightsun Coroner

*raises hand* & yes you are naughty, shippin a married woman tsk tsk :lol:

6. Palm

Palm Coroner

But I could take from the context of BEFORE she got married... or if the marriage thing was like, a marriage to get him to stay in the country or something.
    Something where the marriage didn't involve love or she still has feelings for Horatio :D

7. midnightsun

midnightsun Coroner

Well, the marriage does have that lil by product known as children, so I'd say the whole 'staying in the country' one may be a lil out there. BUUUUUT yeah, seeing as how H is not really one to express himself I'd say HE was the one w/all the repressedness of nesses :confused:... It's too early for me.

8. Palm

Palm Coroner

Adopted children, that's my explanation :lol:
    Ah, I'm hopeless, that's all. I just enjoy seeing Alexx and H interact. And I do quite crave more of that, since there's been a lack of him wandering in to see her.
    But, in the books, it does say he routinely goes to pay visits to Alexx, which makes me happy :D

9. midnightsun

midnightsun Coroner

Yeah, I don't really like the show, but for some reason keep watching... It's my one abusive show that I currently have on the roster... The stories are often :rolleyes: & they keep sticking us w/the same pairings... I wish there were more 'team' interaction 'stead of the 'Look @ H put his glasses on as he eyes a suspect who we know is guilty' parade... I want to see more of him wandering in to see her too :(

10. Palm

Palm Coroner

Ah, that's because the writer's don't know what their doing. Simple as that.
    Besides, I'm sure H can take the time nowdays to go visit her in her cold, blue lab. She's all lonely in there... :(

11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I would ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY love a Horatio/Alexx pairing.
    The only other Horatio pairing I would like ALMOST as much is a Horatio/Natalia pairing. If they did pair Horatio with either Alexx or Natalia, I definitely think Alexx would be the better choice of the 2 ladies to pair him with.
    Sometimes I think Alexx can ALMOST read Horatio's mind. Like in HELL NIGHT after Alexx finished telling Horatio about the guy with the red paint on him, I think she could tell Horatio was worried or upset. She asked him if he was all right and he said he didn't know yet. Plus, it's been what??? 39, 40, 41 years since Capt. Kirk and Lt. Uhura made tv history on that episode of Star Trek with the first televised interracial kiss??? Whenever I go to Wal-Mart, I always see any where from 3-6 interracial couples. Usually an African-American guy and a white female. But I have on a few rare occasions seen the reverse...a white guy and an African-America female. So, a Horatio/Alexx pairing would be a little shot of reality. Plus I love the Horatio and Alexx scenes when they're NOT discussing the findings of one of her autopsies. Like in season 3's NOTHING TO LOSE when Horatio got to that house just after that guy who'd been holding Alexx at gunpoint just left on a motorcyle. That was a perfect example of how Alexx can bring out Horatio's softer side. Unlike the Horatio/Marisol pairing, the chemistry between Horatio and Alexx doesn't feel forced or like make believe. It feels real.
    OK...I've said what I wanted to say.
    NEXT!!!

12. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I agree that Alexx can sometimes read H's mind, and they seem to have a great understand of each other and a good friendship. Ship wise, I'm not sure, but I'm sure yall will sell me on it eventually :D

13. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

I like the friendship, I'm not sure I'd wanna see them together cause she's married. She seems happy with her husband and kids, so I guess it's fanon for these two.

14. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Re: Horatio & Alexx-Two Peas in a Pod.

Husband??? I haven't heard any mention of Alexx's husband since season one. In season 3's NOTHING TO LOSE when that guy holding the gun to Alexx's head wanted to see her ID, he found 2 pictures, one of each of her kids. I didn't see any pictures of her husband, the 2 kids' dad. How do we know she hasn't gotten divorced or got a divorce and he moved far away or maybe he died of a heart attack or stroke or murder. Or maybe all the above. They got divorced, her husband moved then he died.

15. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

Re: Horatio & Alexx-Two Peas in a Pod.

this is an interesting pairing, not one i had considered before. i read or saw somewhere at some point they had decided to kill alexx's husband but i guess that never happened. as far as i know she is still married. i wouldn't be opposed to reading an H/A fic but i've never seen one. i'll read anything that pairs H. :)

i think they really understand eachother and they both are very compassionate and have big hearts. if she wasn't married i think they would be great together but as far as on the show...i just don't see H as 'the other man' material.