What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm about to start Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer.

2. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I have decided to reread the entire Harry Potter series cause I'm a nerd. Naw, I just actually never read the 4th one cause I skipped it, and I read the first one like, eight years ago so I really don't remember it . So right now, I'm on the first book :)

3. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Hm... I was reading Audrey, Wait! but then I got distracted by Five People Who Died During Sex (And other terribly tasteless lists) [or something like that] and I found that book more enjoyable. [=
    It's quite funny, and informational.

4. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

I'm reading Unique by Alison Allen-Gray. Somehow I love this book :D.

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I have very nearly finished the CSI:NY novel 'Deluge' by Stuart M. Kaminsky. It's a fantastic read for any CSI:NY fan, it's about the team investigating 3 cases during a huge storm, Flack and Mac investigate a series of murders, all with one thing in a commen, a letter carved into the vic, Danny and Lindsay investigate the murfer of a teacher in a posh private school, while Stella and Hawkes investigate a suspicious building collapse, while on scene some rubble shifts trapping Hawkes with a mysterious stranger. It's very well written, could easily be made into an episode, I'd definitely recommend it to any fan.

6. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I've read quite a bit.

The Girls he Adored by Johnathan Nasaw. I don't usually get bothered by books but this book was creepy. Not scary but really creepy, the main characters were well developed and the plot was addictive. I'd highly recommend it to people who aren't bothered by books or movies.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I see why this book was so popular and controversial. The characters were great and the plot was fast moving. The ending was pretty shocking and the thing I loved the most was characters weren't who they seemed to be, the book doesn't let up even after the main plot is finished which was nice as well.

State of the Union by Brad Thor. The book itself was nothing special but to me it did get me thinking as to what would happen if the cold war did turn out different as mentioned in this book. It was good to get more background on Scot Harvath's character.

7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I'm currently reading two books. One is called "Frankie Howerd Stand up Comic" by Graham McCann its autobiographical book based on his life and ofscreen as well as onscreen.

Also im reading "Evil Serial Killers" by Charlotte Greig.

I love reading books on true crime, espeicaly about serial killers... Fascinating stuff really.

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I love reading true crime books too.

Right now, though, I'm reading "Duma Key" by Stephen King. He is one of my favorite authors. I'm really enjoying this book, can't put my finger on why, but it's good. I don't want to put it down. Just a very creative storyline.

9. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Just bought a new CSI book - Grave Matters. I finished all the Miami ones I could find at Barnes and Noble and on Amazon.com so now I'm into the original CSI books.

10. Gravity

Gravity Witness

At the moment I'm reading "The Moonstone" by Wilkie Collins and some First World War Poetry.

11. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

LOL, exactly what I had to read for my classes last year :)

now, I've just finished 'The Lovely Bones' and I'm reading 'Beggars Banquet' by Ian Rankin (a collection of crime stories :)). I ordered 'To Kill a Mockingbird' a few days ago and can't wait for it to be finally delivered :)

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

"The Lovely Bones" by Sebold (I don't remember name of the author)? I liked it but not too much. I read it maybe three years ago, it's even somewhere on a bookshelf.

"To Kill a Mockinbird" is awesome! I really loved this one. Very good book.

13. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

Steven King - The green mile:thumbsup:

14. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

yeah, by Alice Sebold. Nothing extraordinary but I liked the idea of heaven. Plus, the narration in the story was interesting. There's gonna be a movie based on the book, I'm intrigued how it will look like :)

I'm definitely looking forward to reading it finally :)

15. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

At the moment i'm reading Vanished by Tess Gerritsen but i've just finished under the knife and life support both of which i highly recommend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.