Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Talk Law & Order Here *May Contain Spoilers*

From AP News:

Mr. Big out, Goldblum in for 'Criminal Intent'
    Jun 26, 4:41 PM (ET)
    By LYNN ELBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Mr. Big is out, and Mr. Goldblum is in.
    Jeff Goldblum will be joining "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" while Chris Noth - Mr. Big in the "Sex and the City" TV show and movie - is leaving after three seasons, a series spokeswoman said Thursday.

"Criminal Intent," part of the "Law & Order" franchise that includes the original series and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," recently was picked up for a 16-episode eighth season by USA Network.

"Jeff's presence will add a new dimension to an already successful show," series creator Dick Wolf said.

Full story at Iwon/AP News.

2. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Seriously. Her leaving was totally overshadowed by Lake's. Diane's last episode should've been a good one for her.

I hate Dick Wolf.

I know, I know - hate is a strong word. I'm still using it.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well they found the new ADA for SVU I don't think its a spoiler so I won't put it in tags, if the mods thing its worth it to do so.. Michaela McManus joining `Law & Order: SVU'
    McManus for those who watched 'One Tree Hill' played the book editor Lindsey Strauss. For a small Bio on McManus - Click Here

4. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

I also hated the lack of a send-off Casey got. She deserved better, but then again, we can always hope she'll get to come back one day, like Alex did. The storyline definitely didn't get closure, and so I think that does need to be addressed eventually.

I'd heard that about Michaela McManus. I stopped watching OTH long before she came on it, so I don't really know what to think about this. Anyone seen her work? Is she a worthy replacement for our Casey?

5. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Re L&O:CI: Has anyone heard if there will be another episode with Nicole Wallace? It would be interesting to see how or if she's changed after her experience in "Grow."

6. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I may have totally missed this discussion, but Ice-T? Is he transfering or what?

And I agree with everything you all said about Casey, she was a good character and definitely deserved more closure than just being thrown up in the air.

And I didn't like how all of the sudden Falacci (sp?) from CI was gone. I wish they would have written her out somehow.

7. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

AshleyFirst223, agree with each of your statements.
    I hadn't heard that about Ice T, either. As much as I love Stabler and Benson, I watch the show as much for Munch and Finn because they're funny as a partnership while showing so much compassion for victims. I can't think of another series in which I like so many of the main characters. Can anyone give us more info on Ice T leaving?
    Agree Casey's departure was a little strange, but there's been so much ADA turnover on all the L&Os that they probably had a hard time coming up with something new.:lol:
    Re Falacci (I think you spelled it right), I miss her! I loved her as Zoe on "Cybill" several years ago. All they had to do to make her character great was to have her reprise her Zoe role. She was the brilliant, arrogant, sarcastic younger daughter who was a piano prodigy. Perfect for a police officer role! Yeah, Julianne Nicholson owned the right to first refusal, but couldn't Falacci lurk in the background, making sarcastic comments to Goren?

8. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Is it double posting if it's two days later and I have new info? Possible spoiler and I can't figure out how to do a spoiler box:

TV Guide says Nichole Wallace is back - maybe. In season finale, it says, Goren thinks the criminal responsible for some activity is her, but sounds like he's not sure. Remember the end of "Slither" epi, where Michael York's character is killed on the stairs and Goren and Eames look at each other and wonder if it was Nichole? I wonder if it's another one of those.
    Also, August 17th is Chris Noth's last epi.
    One other thing from TV Guide, Jeff Goldblum will be getting $250,000 an epi for doing L&O:CI!!! I guess they really wanted him for the role. Katherine Erbe gets $200,000; it doesn't say what Vinnie gets.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  9. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

No, it is not considered double posting, because you have 24 hours to edit your post. You didn't do anything wrong, don't worry :)

As for the spoiler boxes, use this code WITHOUT THE ASTERISK to make it work for the next time:

[spoiler*=L&O CI]this is the content which stays invisible until you click on the "click to view spoiler about..." button.[/spoiler]

And it will look like this:
    this is the content which stays invisible until you click on the "click to view spoiler about..." button.

Hope that helped. :)

10. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

Are these the last two episodes of CI on USA for the season? I know In Plain Sight is finishing the season and since they started the same night, I assumed they'd be finishing the same night...?

11. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Ashley, love your avatar. What a great image of Benson and Stabler, or is it their alter egos?
    I’m curious how those of you reading this feel about Jeff Goldblum coming on board CI. And getting $250,000 per epi, according to TV Guide. Responders at other sites out there are pounding him. I liked him in Jurassic Park and in Independence Day, but both of those characters seemed a bit too much like Goren. I hope TPTB are not planning a Goren, Jr (or senior; I think JG is older). A lot of posters out there say they’ve heard he’s a little creepy in real life. I don’t know anything about his personal life. I wonder if he’s the one unnamed “ex” with whom Whoopi Goldberg says she refuses to maintain a friendship.

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:
    Exclusive SVU Casting: Ellen Burstyn Is Stabler's Mom

Stabler's mom has got it going on. Oscar winner Ellen Burstyn has been cast as Detective Stabler's bipolar mother on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, TVGuide.com has exclusively learned. My SVU moles hint that Burstyn's visit to the series will be "explosive" (they actually used that word), and with this kind of acting firepower on board, I say bring on the conflagration. Burstyn will appear in only one episode.

Playing complicated matriarchs is nothing new to Burstyn. She won a Best Actress Oscar for playing a young widow and mother in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, and has been nominated five other times, including for playing Jared Leto's pill-popping Coney Island ma in Requiem for a Dream. More recently, the actress had a memorable turn on Big Love last season as Barb's loving, dignified, though ultimately disapproving parent.

What do you think of this casting? Can't you just picture Burstyn making Chris Meloni take out the trash? "But, maaa…."

13. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

There's a great, long interview with SVU's executive producer Neal Baer over at zap2it.com. Lots of spoilers! And I don't seem to be able to link it here, but it's ref'd on the first page that comes up when you go to the site. For future posts, could someone pm me with some help on linking. Thanks.

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Here ya go for the link. Neal Baer Spills on the upcoming SVU Season, as stated above beware spoilers in the interview.

15. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008