Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Finch, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

So, read the rest here. ;)

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, first off, this made me laugh: "
    It's deliberately shot like a late 70s/early 80s 'B' horror movie. It's filmed in Vancouver, Canada which helps set the moodiness because it's nearly always dark and raining."

If she could see how tanned I am right now, she might revise her statement to say that in winter it's always dark and raining. As opposed to everywhere else where it's dark and snowing! :lol:

I am a bit confused about her reference to Ruby in season 4, however. I thought Ruby was cut from the budget? Then again, maybe this interview is from before the budget cut announcements.

3. allmaple

allmaple Judge

when i was walking to my midterm this morning a car went by that looked exactly like deans, so i got excited. sadly, the man driving the car was no jensen ackles. *le sigh* why dont men like him actually exist in the real world??

4. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

[​IMG] News on season 4 about Dean & Sam. Spoiler heavy :

Supernatural (Returns Thursday 9/18, 9/8c, The CW)
    "The season opens with some bombshells!" teases creator Eric Kripke, who already jolted viewers when he sent Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) to Hell in May's season finale. Season 4 opens four months later, when Dean wakes up with no memory of his torment. "What happened to Dean in Hell and to [younger brother] Sam (Jared Padalecki) when he had to be a hunter by himself will slowly come to light," Kripke says. "It gives us a nice opportunity for an internal struggle for Dean and for the brothers to surprise each other." Katie Cassidy (Ruby) and Lauren Cohan (Bela) are both gone, but Jim Beaver and Steven Williams are back as geezer demon fighters Bobby and Rufus. Get set for a revealing flashback to the Winchester parents' teen years, an homage to 1930s monster flicks, and a bloody Halloween show.

It's pretty much what I hoped and expected ... :thumbsup:

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:eek: :eek: He gave away more than I expected him to. So far the spoilers that I've seen have Dean pretty much listed as 'Guy'. :lol: Not that it was hard to figure out who 'Guy' was but yeah. Good to know that Dean's back in the first episode. I can't wait to see the homage to 30s monster flicks--love that idea! And flashbacks to the Sr.Winchesters. I wonder if it will play into how Mary knew about the YED.

Thanks for the info, Lorelai. :)

6. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

* Squee *
    Glad to hear that Dean's coming back! The show would be pretty dull just Sam in the Metalicar by himself, wouldn't be too fun without him bickering with Dean to turn the music down :lol: my friend has a theory that Sam's going to be the reason Dean gets out of hell, she seems to think that the big power he's going to have is the power of ressurcation guess we'll have to wait to find out ... I'm going to go crazy in the mean time :lol:

I'm looking forward to Season 4 more than any of the others and wishing that they'll bring Jo back, she was one of my favorite characters and don't really like way she just vanished :rolleyes: hopefully she doesn't have to resurface as a demon or something.

I haven't seen a airing date yet for the season is it September or October??

7. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Supernatural Season 4 will air in September.

Hey, Hard2Handle. Where did you get that photo from your signature? It's hilarious.

Jo can stay away, but I do miss Ellen, she was a fire cracker that kept the Winchester boys on their toes. (The type of woman that Dean really needs.)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol: That was my prize for spending hours in photobucket looking for pictures to make icons out of, I would share it with you but it seems that photobucket has a mind of it's own :rolleyes: Ever since I upgraded Firefox, photobucket and google won't open :(

I'm also going to miss Bella, it's a shame they had too let her go.

If you want it you can get it here ...
    I'm not sure if that's an actual picture or if someone photoshopped it but :lol: it's funny either way.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  9. HellsBells

Hilarious indeed.

I'll miss Bella only for the trouble that she caused the boys. Ruby too.

Ruby was too much into the whole lying to get what she wanted. Dean didn't trust her because she was indeed a demon, so she didn't have to go and make his point by acting like all demons do: with only herself in mind. Granted she WANTED to help the boys, but only because in the end it would help her too. Who knows, maybe she wanted Lilith out of the way so that she could rule the underworld, but she had the facade of "To Save Humankind."

10. BabaOReilly

I don't know about you guys, but I want some big bad trouble brewing right off the top- I want to see some Lillith action, I'm thinking. They should start the season with a bang!

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

^ Baba, I completely agree! I want a nice, juicy, action-packed season premier :D

12. HellsBells

I'll third that notion. Action packed. I want the boys to run in guns a blazin, I want blood and gore, and horror, and, and. :lol: I want to be on the floor yelling at my tv with my mom telling me to shut up.

It's only fair since I was on the floor yelling at the tv at the season 3 season finale. Out with a bang, in with a bigger bang. Please and Thank you. ;)

13. BabaOReilly

Hear hear! :D Bigger, louder and badder I say! Bring DA NOISE!

Seriously though, I think they owe us that much, to compensate for a shortened season. Yes, I realize this was not Kripke's fault, but he seems to value the fans needs/feelings/responses, etc., and I think he'd be forthcoming wth a little whoopass. In fact, I'm thinking he'd relish it! He's probably reined in over budgetary constraints more often than not, so he'd probably love at least one big blowout. And there's no better time than the start of a new season, if you ask me. ;)

14. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

I've seen a few episodes, but I think I stopped watching (deliberately or not, I can't remember) after the episode with a raping clown... or something like that. D;
    Clowns scare me... and I think that made me go 'avoid channel 3 from now on' lol

but I love that show. [=

15. HellsBells

Gah can you imagine if all of the fans of Supernatural was in one place watching the premiere? I see police lines and security to keep us in check. And those big huge drive in movie theatre screens would be what they used to show the premiere. I'd think that there would be enough screaming and laughing and just ENERGY to light up a city or two for a full day.

Too bad they can't harness that energy. :lol:

And HarleyQuinn- Not many people like clowns. Jensen himselves isn't too fond of the idea of them (I love it when guys are afraid of something.. its just soo.. *purrs*) and I myself can handle them on TV, but get them near me and my red flags go up.

Don't let that one episode scare ya off. There are plenty of funny/not so scary ones to kinda keep those bad ones in balance. (I for one think Bloody Mary is a creepy little bitch and watching that episode just makes me shudder).

Is there an episode that you didn't like because it was too freaky to watch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.