And baby makes four...CatNip

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Michelle, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. You guys are all the greatest. I appreciate every one of you.

Much of the rest of this story is told much as writings in a diary. So the writing will be in italics. They are written from Nick and Catherine's POV. I will put who is writing each and will also tell when the story is not part of a journal writing. Enjoy!

Nick's Diary

I decided to start writing about the pregnancy in a diary. I know it's not really a GUY thing to do, but Cath decided to keep one, so I thought I should to. She said that it would be a cool thing for the baby to read when it's older. She also said that sometimes feelings are easier to write about. I just laughed at her when she told me about that. I don't think she appreciated the laughter though. I got a really bad look from her afterwards. So, even though it's not something I really want to do, I love her enough to give it a go.

I don't really know where to start, so I guess I'll just start from the beginning. Your mom and I have known each other for a long time. Nearly forever. She would roll her eyes at that one. She says that makes her feel old when I say that. I just laugh and tell her that it's true. Even though she is older than me, she's still one of the prettiest women I've ever known. I've loved her for nearly as long as I've known her. She'll probably say that I had a crush on her, but it was no crush. When you get older, you'll realize the difference. A crush is fleeting. Something that, given time, can be overcome. Real love is something that no matter how much you try to deny it, can't be forgotten or ignored.

When I first found out about you, I was the happiest man on earth. I never thought I'd had a child of my own. Let alone with the woman I love more than life itself. I always thought families were for someone else. Not me. I was too independent for children. Then I fell in love with your mom and I could see myself as a husband and a father. We already had Lindsey. I always considered her my daughter. If not by blood, then by love. Your mom smiles when I tell her that. Then she usually kisses me on the nose and tells me that, that's one of the many things she loves most about me. I tell her to list the others and she smiles and kisses me and tells me that there are too many things to list.

We met at work and work was my first love. Even during the bad times, I wouldn't do anything else. Putting the bad guys behind bars is a passion of mine and your mom's. It's what we live for. Keeping the city safe for you and your sister is the most important thing to us.

After we found out about you, I went to work and wore a silly grin all night. Finally Greg and Warrick asked me what was wrong with me. It was then that I told them about you. I swear I'd never felt so complete before.

Then that same night your mom started having problems. I've never been so scared in my life. I drove to the hospital like my life depended on it. Truth be told, it did. Even though I'd never thought about having a family, I knew that I wanted you. Your mom was so scared that night. She held my hand the whole way to the hospital. She never told me how scared she was, but I could tell. She was so quiet, and your mom's never quiet. Boy I hope she doesn't ever read this, she would NOT be amused by that. I'd be in trouble for sure.

Anyway, I'd worked myself into a frenzy and had to be hospitalized myself. I awoke to see your mom sitting beside me. I'd never been so glad to see her in my life. Even though she was going through hell, she was still worried sick about me. I thought that was charming.

After we got out of the hospital, your mom was on bed rest. She told me that I was driving her crazy. I probably was. I was just worried sick about her and only wanted to make sure everything was alright. She told me that she appreciated my concern, but I was driving her crazy. I promised to ease off, if she promised me that she was going to take it easy. Not an easy job for you mom. She can't relax for very long. She's usually off and running all the time. That's one of the things I love about her. She never backs down from a challenge. It drives some people crazy, but not me. One thing your going to know soon is that your mom is an amazing lady. She loves fiercely and is like a tiger when someone she loves is threatened. If you are half as tenacious as her, then I am going to be in for the ride of my life.

Signing off,
    Your Daddy Nick

Okay, you know the drill. Hate it? Love it? Either way, let me know.

2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Aww this is really cute, can't wait for the next update, it had me scared for a while though.. Fantastic writing!! :D

3. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

This is cute. I can see Nick doing that, he's a caring guy.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I like it...post more soon!

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

aww, thats really cute Chelle :)

6. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

This fills in much of the blanks between, when Nick and Catherine first found out about the baby and when Nick got back to the house. Enjoy!

Catherine's POV

Okay, so I told your daddy that I was going to start keeping a diary. I never thought he would actually agree to keep one too. Although, once you know him, you'll realize what kind of a man your daddy is. He is the man of my dreams. Anyway, he laughed when I first suggested that we should do this. I think I scared him a little. Because he kind of got this look on his face that was hard to read. I wasn't really mad, just surprised that he was willing to do it and I guess my surprise looked different to him than it was supposed to.

Anyway, I told Nicky that we should write about what our feelings are and what's happening. I guess the beginning is the best place to start. Let's see. I first suspected that I was carrying you when your daddy and I got married. I'd been feeling sick all day, but part of me thought that it was something I ate.

Soon afterwards though, I began to suspect that it was much more than food poisoning. So, about three weeks after you daddy and I got married, I decided to do a pregnancy test. It came back positive. I didn't tell your daddy at first though. I didn't want to get him excited if it turned out to be wrong. So, I made an appointment to see my doctor.

A few hours later, I walked out of the office stunned. I was most definitely pregnant. I wasn't upset, just worried. I wasn't sure how your dad was going to react. In all the time that we'd been dating, we'd never talked about having children. Oh, I knew that he'd be excited about you. He loves your sister. Has for a long time.

So, I told him that we were going out for dinner. We had a wonderful steak dinner and hurried home soon after. We were sitting on the couch and I looked at him nervously, smiled and told him, “I'm pregnant.”

He looked at me. I swallowed hard and said nothing. Finally a big smile broke out on his face. He kissed me and put his hand on my stomach. I smiled and told him that you were going to be born around Christmas. Always the gentleman, he asked me if I was happy about you. I smiled and told him that I was very happy. He kissed me softly and I actually giggled.

Although, not everything was okay that night. I was still extremely sick. I curled up on the couch and stayed there all night. That's where your dad found me hours later. When he got home, he asked me if I wanted to go out, but I couldn't get the strength to get out of bed. So, he carried me to our bedroom and got me a glass of water and some crackers.

Later that night, I walked into the bathroom. There was so much blood that I knew immediately that something was wrong. Very, terribly wrong!! I called out to your dad and he came running. He took one look at me and knew what he had to do. He took me to the hospital. I don't remember much about the ride there. I know that your dad held my hand the whole way there. I cried silently the whole way there. I don't think Nicky knew about that. I didn't want to worry him any more than he already was.

Well, he carried me into the hospital and then the doctor's took over. I was very much awake as the doctor's checked me over. I knew it was bad and cried when I heard the words “Possible miscarriage.” I knew then, that if we got out of this, I would do whatever the doctor's told me. It seemed like forever before they were finally able to stop the bleeding. God, I was so scared over those next few hours.

Finally the doctor came to talk to me. He looked me straight in the eyes and said, “I'm not going to lie to you Catherine. There is still a great chance that you could loose this baby. It's up to you now to make sure that doesn't happen.”

I remember looking at him and saying, “Whatever it takes.”

He nodded and said, “Complete bed rest for the next 4 weeks. The only time I want you out of bed is to use the bathroom.”

I nodded and agreed with everything he told me. Then he told me that your dad collapsed and was hospitalized. I shook my head, not able to believe what they were telling me about your dad. It wasn't possible. Your dad is one of the strongest men I've ever known. But, given his love for me, I'm not surprised. It had to be quite the shock for your dad.

They did allow me to sit by his bedside for awhile. Finally after a few hours he opened his eyes. He had a bad dream and mumbled something about me being dead.

That's when I told him about the baby and what the doctor said. He nodded and said nothing. I smiled, but before we could talk anymore the doctor took me back to my room.

I tell you, I love your father, but he is annoying when he is trying to be helpful. He was like a mother hen. Standing over me all the time. Giving me thing, before I even asked for them. Finally I'd had enough and told him so. He tried to argue with me. I told him again that he was driving me crazy! Finally he agreed to be there. Just not so much. I laughed and he got into bed beside me and we both read until we fell asleep....

7. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

sweet! :D I love the diary parts of it. It seems like they'd do that. :)

8. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

Awwww this fic is really sweet! I cant wait for more!

9. MacsGirlMel

aww I love the way you're doing it. Post more soon :)

10. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

I know it's been awhile. But I've been sick and in bed by 8. So, I am finally back. Hope you enjoy....

Nick's Diary:

Okay, so this is my second entry in the diary. Your mom is still on bed rest and is bored silly. She hates being confined to the house. Your sister Lindsey and I try to spend as much time with her as we can, but I can tell she is still going stir crazy.

Last night I was remembering what my life was like before your mom and I fell in love. I should say that I was trying to remember. Because, no matter how many times I tried to bring the memories up, they were fuzzy and hard to remember. It seems like I have always been in love with your mom.

She was my best friend long before we knew how we felt about each other. She was the one that I told all of my secrets to. Things that I couldn't tell to anyone else, I was able to tell your mom. She can always tell when something is bothering me. So, don't ever try to hide stuff from her. She'll figure it out just by looking at your face.

I mentioned your sister. She's a great kid. Very outgoing and a lot like your mom. Headstrong and opinionated. Linds is definitely your mom's daughter. I couldn't love her any more if she was my own.

You'll probably have a lot of questions about that later on. Lindsey is from your mom's first marriage. It ended badly, but that's a story for another day. That should be your mom's story to tell.

Lindsey was extremely happy to hear that your mom was expecting you. She had always wanted to be a big sister. Now it is finally happening. She hugged me and told me that she loved me. I couldn't have been happier. I felt like I was floating on air.

Well, I'll close out now.

Dad

Love it? Hate it?

11. MacsGirlMel

I hope you feel better soon, and post more soon.

12. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

Im glad your back, can't wait for the next update.

13. Eszie

Eszie Hit and Run

I think this is really a sweet story.
    I love the dairy parts.
    I hope you'll update soon.