The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I agree Strawberry Tea is hot... and it would be intense. I do agree with what someone said earlier... if Wedges became canon it would lose all its charm.

On another note, I respect the fact that JF character was created for a love interest for Grissom... but I saw more to both of these character's besides a romance. Or I did at one time. Season 7... Sara was reduced to Grissom's girlfriend... or it felt that way. It seemed clingy... yet without emotion or feelings. Again... I think a lot of that had to do with bad writing... I just think when GSR became canon.... it was nearly pointless by that time and ruined the development of their characters. I think the writers waited way too long to link them together...

I've seen better chemistry for Grissom... that I just don't care to see GSR. It seems blah in comparison... and not really believable. I'm not saying... it doesn't exist... just that is not a ship to write home about. To me GSR had more chemistry before they were canon... and it makes me wonder what happened when they turned canon? Was the writing that bad?

As far as The Love goes... I see them as good friends and that is pretty much it.

I'd love to see Catnip go canon... but then I really think about it, and I wouldn't want them to be ruined. Or maybe I'm scared that if that happened... if the writers would botch it.

PureJoy... has been slowly coming back to me. I truly enjoy their friendship and love how Catherine easily gets him. They have a great bond...

Oh wells... it seems that possible relationships are just dwindling now with Warrick gone... not that I truly shipped him with anyone... but what a loss!

2. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Hey, All. C'I play? Had a bit of trepidation about coming in here, because open shipping threads can get nasty sometimes. However, past couple pages of this one seem cool...so....BTW, these are just ships I see and am open to....I'll give the wheres and whys. Remember, this is only my opinion here.

I only watch NY and Vegas, so, everything is off of those two shows.

Nick/Greg. There's so much subtext and flirting over eight seasons. Little flirtatious comments, touches, long looks; that sort of thing. More prevalent in the early seasons (but that may be because they got together, and do all the looking and touching they want at home) but still there.

GSR Or Simply Grissom+Sara, if you don't do cutesy nicknames. It was pretty much established as cannon. I do like it, because it fits their characters. However, I'm not all gaga over it, mostly because I hated the way it was revealed. It's like two episodes, they're flirting more and more, and Boom, Sara walks out of Grissom's bathrobe. I liked it best when they were still on the Down Low about it. Neither Grissom or Sara are demonstrative people, so the little things, like the Shakespeare Sonnet, the Butterfly cocoon, the veggie Burger and the scene at the end of "Empty Eyes" where he wipes her tear away. Those are nice, because it fits the personality of the two characters.

I'm not sure they're still together after Sara left, even with what she said in the letter about theirs being the only home she'd ever had, and him saying she's the only person he could ever love. Note that he wouldn't go after her, wanting her to have her own space.....hmm. maybe he's miffed by the way she left. Season 9 will tell, although I hope they don't do a big churchbell wedding and "True Love" Scene. It fits who they are to be together, or to have been together, nothing more, nothing less.

Catherine+Warrick. Wow. The chemistry they had together. Down the Drain, where they nearly kissed! The subtle flirtations, even after he married Tina. Couple that with how good Warrick was with Lindsey. Yes. Cahterine my dear, you missed the boat with that one, big time....alas. Now he's gone.

Warrick+Tina. I wish they'd had a chance to explore this one more, and didn't just drop it. The scene they had together in "Shooting Stars" just crackled with chemistry. I don't know why TPTB didn't explore the relationship more in Season 7. Yeah, it was probably a doomed one from the start, and the way it panned out did lead to Warrick's demise, but was definitely a good drama ship.

Grissom/Brass. Yes, I said Grissom/Brass. The bond they share, sipping whiskey in Brass' office after hours. Brass giving Gil POA. Those are not insignificant things. I love the quote by Grissom in "Way to Go" or "Bang Bang" about them not hanging out together. BS. they hang out in Brass' office all the time. Maybe even other places. ;)

Brass+Sophia. Something about their interactions. The way they worked together in Seasons 6 and 7, Jim counseling her after the Bell shooting, etc. The banter, the "Go in and pop a couple of buttons" scene in "" "He's a cop" "She's a cop" in "Fannysmackin'" Yeah. I can believe that's the reason why she left. She had to transfer, because they were together.

Nick/Warrick. Hmm. Puts all their competitiveness in a different light, now doesn't it. All the crazy, competitive banter, game system stuff, etc. hmm.

Grissom+Lady Heather. Probably happened only once, in "Lady Heather's Box," but you know Grissom tapped that, no matter what Billy Petersen said. The way he grabbed her face like he was going to kiss her, then cut to next morning, she's in different clothes, and he's still in the same outfit. Yeah. Shame he botched that with the warrant for her diabetic syringe.

On to New York

Danny/Flack. I swear, this is the Nick/Greg of New York. The long looks and staring, the touching/being in personal space. Then there's the way Flack chased after Danny in "All in the Family" That, coupled with the way Danny listens to Flack says something.

I sorta see Stella+Mac. I actually see Mac getting with Stella before he'd get with Peyton, but....I don't know. They obviously have a very strong bond together, but I don't think it's more than co-workers.

Danny and Lindsay got together, but it was never clarified whether or not it was a one time thing, a friends with benefits thing, or a solid, established relationship. I'd be more inclined to say that it was a once or twice thing, maybe a friends with benefits type of deal. He just looked confused when she made that speech in "RND."

Danny+Rikki. They got together a couple of times. It seems as though they had more feelings for each other than they mentioned. I mean, really, do you trust the next door neighbor with your ten year old, even if he is a cop, if all you do is laugh and smile at the mailboxes. I don't think so. It was a shame she left. They had great chemistry together, more than Danny ever had with Lindsay.

Well, that's my book, remember, all of this is just my considered opinion, and is open for debate.

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i'm bored so i thought that i might just as well come here and give my spoiler-free view on S9.

the one thing that is not certain, in my mind at least, is whether Grissom and Sara are still together. if not for the phonecall and the photograph on Grissom's fridge in GDC, i would rather be sure they've split up. but that episode pretty much gives away that 5 eps after she left, they were a couple nonetheless. question is, are they together today?

but now she is coming back. i'm assuming it's been confirmed that she'll return to Grissom's open arms. the euphoria of seeing each other after a year might die away quickly, though. Sara is going to be a changed person, Grissom, after Warrick's death especially, will be different as well.

maybe it's the ever-existent GLH shipper in me, but i have a feeling that the dominatrix's return is going to stir a lot of bad energy between G/S. or even better, what if they break up before LH appears?

somehow, i'm doubting anything significant will happen, though. mostly b/c TPTB do not have enough balls (and willingness as well) to split Sara and Grissom up for good. while i love GSR, i think i might like GLH a tad more. but i'm going to be happy whatever happens.

4. Shytownmofo

I think that Grissom and Sara have a lot to work out in their relationship before they can go forward any further.

Note that he did not go after her in "You Kill Me." He was in contact with her, and knew she was visiting her mother, but didn't go after her. That's very telling.

If she does come back for multiple episodes, I want to see them explore that, not just a "Welcome back, Sara!" with lots of hugs and fluffy bunnies. I don't necessarily want to see angst, but I want to see Grissom questioning Sara about things. If they end up together, fine....but don't just make it an immediate, joyous reunion...that would be unrealistic and OOC, IMO.

I like Grissom's chemistry with Lady Heather. They were certainly intrigued by each other, and had a lot of fun Cat and Mouse games with each other. Also, note that Sara was threatened by Heather from the first minute Catherine started prattling on about her in "TGtBatD."

As Catherine did say, she's probably the only woman that could rattle Grissom. I think that's true. She always saw right through him, and could get inside at the meat of him. I think it makes for an interesting pairing. Especially if this is Grissom's final farewell, anything that points to what makes the man tick is interesting so he definitely needs a night at Lady Heather's, especially given all the stuff that's happening.

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I just love the Love, that is Nick and Greg. As you said Shytownmofo their chemistry is undeniable and there's quite a lot of subtext to their relationship.

Anyway, other ships I ship:

Cath/Warrick, too bad that ship has sailed (no pun intended :p). When they almost kissed in S5 (I think it was Down the Drain?) I thought maybe TPTB would give us more but of course they didn't! And then when she almost confessed that she felt something for him in Bodies in Motion (S6) after she had found out that he got married? So sad.

I really liked Grissom/Terry or Grissom/Lady Heather. The chemistry between him and those women was so great and believable. I think Grissom needs a woman that challenges him, a woman that doesn't pine over him for years (sorry I just don't like GSR)

I can see Grissom/Brass especially in earlier seasons they hung out quite often. Plus Brass is always concerned about Gil.

I'd love to see more Cath/Wendy. I know, wishful thinking, but a girl can dream right?

As for CSI:NY, I agree Danny/Flack comes close to Nick/Greg when it comes to subtext. Great chemistry there but TPTB made sure that Danny's portrayed as completely straight, but we no better, right?!

At the beginning I really liked Mac/Stella, but both kind of annoy me nowadays.

6. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I love the Love. There is so much subtle subtext between Nick and Greg, so many little touches and longing looks.

I'm with you love_fan, I'd love to see more Cath/Wendy. Those two would rock.

I'd also loved to have seen Cath/Sara, there was so much chemistry between those two, but oh well, I live that ship through fics.

In the early days, I quite liked Cath/Grissom. I don't know what it was about them, maybe they've been there the longest, are good friends, have each others backs, etc, I don't know, but that ship kind of fell by the wayside with me.

I also love the idea of Grissom and Lady Heather. As has already been mentioned, she seems to rattle him, in the words of Catherine, 'they had chemistry, and he is a scientist'. Again, as previously mentioned their game of cat and mouse intrigued me, and just something about how she is different to every other woman Grissom knows and vice versa, it just seems to have chemistry.

7. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Mah ships:

The Love: When I first started watching the show, I thought Nick was straight, but then I stumbled across The Fort and my whole perspective changed. Those touches, those looks ... it all gained a new meaning in my head. I finally noticed their sizzling chemistry, and then bam! they were my ship. In "Empty Eyes" they even communicated without speaking, and the looks in their eyes was total understanding. It's my favorite ship, and I love it to bits, but I guess I gotta accept the fact that TPTB are most likely not going to make it go canon. Alas.

Grillows/PureJoy: As many others have said, it seemed as if they had something in the beginning, but now it's gone. I still ship them a bit, but I miss their friendship a lot more than the flirting, to be honest.

Yo!Bling: This was my second favorite ship, just because their chemistry was awesome. I honestly thought that (maybe) TPTB would go somewhere with them, but, well ... obviously not.

Wedges: I love Hodges, I think he's one of the funniest characters on CSI, and I like Wendy, too. Why not put 'em together? Hodges is obviously attracted to her, and the other characters notice it (ie- Mandy phoning Hodges to tell him that he should move out of his mom's house). I kind of think Hodges is messing it up a lot, but ah well. He'll either get it right, or he won't. Although I do think Hodges as a slight hetero-mancrush on Nick, but I won't go into details with that.

8. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this. I'm serious. I don't normally wander this far into couples threads, so my apologies if this doesn't belong here, but I thought it would be better than the spoiler thread.

From the new TV Guide in a section called "Countdown" - We're not feeling the love for TVs most annoying couples. On a scale of 1 to 10, the CSI couple ranks at #9:

Sara & Grissom (CSI) First, they hide their romance for two seasons. Then we're supposed to be OK when Miss Sidle suddenly sidles out of the bathroom, all flirty and ready for bed? Ha! Had she stuck around after he proposed, maybe, but Yoko's only returning next season to facilitate Gil's exit, so they're both dead to us.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

THAT...is brilliant! :lol: A very good description of how some people feel about the way that ship was handled. It could have been done so much better and maybe then it would have been accepted by more people.

10. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ladies i agree with you both...Saying that I respect all ships, and everyone has their own fav's etc. Personally, cause maybe im an open minded sorta person, that at one point, (cause of the job who knows) the whole team of LV has hmm, experimented lol.. Thats all im gonnd say!

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I second that! Though I don't think a supervisor, boss, manager, etc dating someone they are in charge of is a great idea. Favoritism is the biggest issue that I can think of, especially when it comes to the work load.

TPTB really shot themselves in the foot when they made this choice, it just does not make for great television IMHO.

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Couldn't agree more!

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know Nick and Greg-after GSR-if there has to be a ship-I'm all for it..although I'll probably pee my pants lauging cause both those guys are straight but hey if Heath and Jake did it in Brokeback Mountain, then I'm all for it..

Is there a Nick and Mandy nickname..I mean he sang to her in season seven that was very sweet!!! And they look so cute together-like two kittens in a basket!!!

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

:lol: You and your cats! Yes, Mandy and Nick are so flippin cute! his singing! watch me melt now! You know who else I could see together? Nick and Wendy!

15. Shytownmofo

Form me, I'm just rather Over GSr. It's bothered me for two large reasons. The first bing that it seems that it's become the whole focus of the show. Nothing can happen without GSr being involved in it. It's like the CSIverse revolves around GSr.

The second is because there's a certain segment of the GSr shippers who feel that because the ship has gone Canon, that it's the most wonderful thing ever, and that people better not say ANYTHING negative about it, OR ELSE!!11ELEVEN1! It just makes it really unpleasant any time there's a spoiler, because then it Has to be related to GSr...

Also, the whole idea of Grissom being more interested in a woman than his bogs and whatnot is a bit odd, coupled with him seemingly throwing over his morals to sleep with a subbordinate for two years or so....It really makes him out to be a hypocrite with the things he said to Catherine in "Weeping Willows" and to Nick in "Boom." I know Catherine raked him over the coals in "TGtBatD" just for spending the night with Lady Heather, even though nothing sexual went on. I can only imagine what she really thinks of him and Sara being together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.