Gary #4....Soooooo Nibble Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MacsLovlyAngl, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

According to IMDb, Impostor is from 2001, meaning it was only seven years ago. (Hee hee, the first of the keywords on there is "Shirtless Male Bondage"... :guffaw:) (OOPS! I just noticed you were asking about The Stand, not Impostor... still, I'm leaving this in because of the whole keyword thing!) I agree Sam, I think the film went downhill at the moment he zipped that damn jacket up, I had the exact same thought as you!

Gary was 39 when The Stand came out in 1994, could easily have passed for 29 though - I don't think he's ever looked his age! I especially liked his dream sequence where he's in the field and not wearing a shirt!

2. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Oh yes Impostor. Shirtless Gary......wet Gary.....helpless Gary.......:drool:

Now I wonder why I like that movie..:angel:

As for The Stand well its always been a fav I love East Texas...:)

Well as the Gary thread is not far behind the Mac thread I may as well post this here as well, was thinking of running the poll idea again for the new thread names it worked out well the last time and we got some great suggestions. We have a little longer to go in here before we reach 1000 but it gives us a nice long time to think of a good name for the new thread.

So if you guys put on your thinking caps and post some suggestions, I will run a vote like on the fan art thread with the ones everyone seem to like and we can we vote on the new thread name and the winner gets to open the thread.

How does that sound to everyone?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

It was very short, and it wasn't dreadful or anything, I just prefer Mac with the slightly longer, thicker hair. I don't think Mac would ever let go of his curly curls, but it'd be hot if he started showing a lil bit of gray.:drool:
    I love Gary curls too, it's one reason OMAM is one of my fave Gary movies. I think I'm gonna have to have a George-fix this week now!

Gorgeous pics from Imposter and the Stand, Sam. That second Imposter pic makes me jealous too. I wanna be there with him too...

And I definitely agree that Gary always looks younger than he really is.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  4. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Hey Ranma want to put that forward for The New Thread Name.....:)

5. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hi!:)

So I watched the rest of The Stand...it was so long film. the longest what I've ever watched through!:lol: But it was awesome...I love "East Texas" also he's so hot!!!:drool::drool::drool: . I gotta say that I cryed when I thought that he's gona die that flu...he looked so sick and weak and I shouted like crazy "NO!!!":guffaw: But when I saw that he didn't die I cryed for joy! :bolian: The Stand is now one of my favourite films but there's one thing which got my attension..."jeans-style" It's quite..."tight" :p" if you know what I mean!" but in this case when we're talking about Gary and his "assets" I don't wanna complain!:devil::lol::devil:

And I agree also that he looks so much younger than he really is! :thumbsup:
    I only wonder what his secret might be!? :angel:

6. KrissyLovesCSI

KrissyLovesCSI Victim

Ahhh i could talk about this man all day :drool:
    like the title of this thread is... so nibble worthy :devil::thumbsup:

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Glad you enjoyed the Stand, Sam! 'East Texas''s jeans style is definitely very appealing! I am so jealous of that woman he is with. What a lucky lady!:devil:

8. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Yep gotta love East Texas... He just look's SO damn good in that film...

9. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Yep. I'm also jealous to Fran.:rolleyes: Lucky her...;) There's only one thing what I didn't understood...who was the Fran's baby's father? I mean it wasn't Stu or Harrold cause Harrold was "virgin" So does someone know who was it?? :)
    One memorable moment is also this! :bolian:
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk26/Sam2222008/stand55.jpg
    I LOVE that smile! :thumbsup: So cute! :drool::drool::drool:

10. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I dont think we ever found out who, it was just a former boyfriend...

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

If I remember correctly, I think in the very beginning of the actual book, readers are briefly introduced to the baby's father, but he really wasn't all that relevant in the overall scheme of things, so when they had to pare it down for the movie, the baby's father disappeared into the Black Hole of Non-essential Characters :lol: It's kind of misleading though, because if you're not paying close attention in the movie in the scene where Fran tells Stu she's pregnant, it's easy to get the impression that the baby is actually Stu's... :wtf:

12. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I bought the book in Chicago I really will need to read it...:lol: I am getting my Lt Dan Pics put on disk by a friend once I get them I will post them, but in the mean time I thought you guys might like this....

Lt. Dan Band rocks Europe on its fourth concert tour

[​IMG]

Jul 03, 2008
    BY Tom Budzyna

Gary Sinise performs to an international tri-border community audience from the NATO Joint Forces Command Brunssum and USAG Schinnen in the Netherlands and from the NATO AWACS air base, Geilenkirchen, Germany July 2. The NATO sports fields provided the venue in a large outdoor festival tent and while it rained outside some 700 rocked inside to the sounds of the Lt. Dan Band. Photo by John Glantz

Brunssum, Netherlands - "It's a different kind of gig," says Danny Gottlieb, one of the world's most popular jazz drummers and part of Gary Sinise's 'Lt. Dan Band' who dazzled an international military community audience here in a first class performance July 2.

Sinise, star of the television show 'CSI: NY' and the infamous Lieutenant Dan in the movie 'Forest Gump' is leading the band's fourth European tour in what will total more than 65 concerts since the band formed four years ago. The band has already completed two U.S. tours and many other concerts on military bases.

[​IMG]

"It's one of the most rewarding things I do. I just love coming out to visit the troops and their families," says Sinise. Gottlieb and his wife, Beth, both travel and perform with the band and were involved in one of its' first concerts to an audience of wounded warriors. "Gary asked us to be part of that special concert," says Gottlieb, "and it changed us forever. We've been part of the band ever since."

The July 2 performance lasted over two hours and included more than 25 songs. An audience of all ages and many nations rocked under a huge festival tent while it poured rain outside. Soldiers assigned to the Morale Welfare Branch (MWB) of the NATO Joint Force Command Brunssum headquarters pitched in to provide refreshments and set up the concert venue.

[​IMG]

U.S. Air Force David O. Andino-Aquino, the MWB Chief, said, "Many moving parts came together to pull off what was one of the biggest events ever in our tri-border military community. About 700 people came out to enjoy the show despite the pouring rain. The crowd joined in, the performance was superb and all the hard work paid-off."

Thousands of U.S. Department of Defense personnel are assigned to the Benelux region. Adding in the presence of personnel supporting the NATO Alliance, the Lt. Dan Band was able to entertain a truly joint military community during stops in Belgium and the Netherlands before heading into Germany.

Behind the top billing and celebrity of Gary Sinise, the Lt. Dan Band is a team of more than a dozen top rate musicians. As the concert begins, children are encouraged to sit up front, which instantly makes the concert a military family affair. Band members venture into the audience for volunteers, adults and children alike, who then become part of the show on stage.

Like a good lieutenant, Sinise pushes his band members into the spotlight and humbly admits, "and I'm the bass player," in a way that subordinates himself to the band. While band members will point at Sinise as the star, his down-to-earth nature conveys that the concert is an extraordinarily sincere and special event and that the Lt. Dan Band is all about supporting the troops and their families.

Sinise's philanthropy goes beyond the band. It extends to Operation Iraqi Children (www.operationiraqichildren.org), a program that enables Americans to send school supplies and other necessities to Iraqi children. The charity has expanded since its beginning four years ago to include children in Afghanistan. U.S. service members deployed to these regions deliver these supplies and Sinise describes them as 'messengers of goodwill'.

[​IMG]

Apart from his acting career, the better part of six months out of the year is dedicated to supporting philanthropic efforts and the band, which means Sinise takes advantage of the Internet to stay in touch with his family.

"Text messaging my kids is always a good way to get them,' says Sinise as he mimics the motion of sending a text message from a cell phone, "they're always on that thing so I can always get their attention that way. My wife and family are very supportive of me going out to support the troops. They know that our troops are deployed in harms way away from their families and my wife is grateful that I'm able to come out and perform for them."

The Lt. Dan Band is a sort of military brat band in many respects. Kimo Williams, a guitarist and vocalist in the band, is a Vietnam Veteran. Beth Gottlieb's grandfather served in World War II and her father served with the military in Korea. Sinise, as well as other members of the band, have connections to relatives and family who've served in the U.S. Armed Forces.

"Our freedom has been fought for and paid for by people who serve in the military," Sinise says, "I'm an American who benefits from that, and if I can pitch in a little bit it feels like I'm on the same team."

As the concert ends, Sinise says, "Thanks to each and everyone of you for serving this country and for keeping us safe," then echoes the lyrics of the last song of the concert saying, "There ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough, to keep us from gettin' to you."

Original article can be found here http://www.army.mil/-news/2008/07/03/10621-lt-dan-band-rocks-europe-on-its-fourth-concert-tour/

13. 4blueeyez

4blueeyez Rookie

Great article and pictures. He looks great on stage.

Which reminds me...Forrest Gump is on Dutch TV tonight (how could I forget that in the first place..:brickwall:).
    Why isn't it night already?;)

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Aw, thanks for the article and the gorgeous Gary pics, FB! He looks so hot playing a guitar! His hair is really short in those concert pics though, he looks like a real military guy!
    I just love how sweet he is, wanting to give back to the troops, and putting the other band members in the spotlight, so modest. I think it's wonderful that Gary gives back to society through the Lt Dan band and supporting the troops and OIC as well.
    And he can text? That's pretty cool for a 53-yr-old guy!

15. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I think its a case of if he wants to keep up to date with his girls he has had no option but to learn....:guffaw::guffaw:

Me I can tale my PC apart and put it back together but my mobile phone is a mystery to me...:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.