Doctor Who!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I was a big fan of Chris Ecclestone and was quite disappointed when he only lasted for such a short while, but Tennant has really grown on me to the point where he's possibly my favourite Doctor.
    Having said that, the last couple of episodes were a bit 'meh', but yesterday's drew me right back in.

2. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I didnt watch last nights Doctor Who, but I have a thing for David Tennant, and he for me is the Doctor... I did see a trailer, and it looks great!

3. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Well typical - we are nearly at the end of the series and only now i remember that there is a Dr WHo thread here :lol:

I have just watched the first of the two part finale tonight and all I can say is .... :eek::eek::eek::scream::scream::scream::eek::eek::eek:

I am guessing it is ok to post after it is aired in the UK..... but I cannot believe that I was so close to getting my shippy reunion between The Doctor and Rose (I am such a girl!) and then he gets blasted by a Dalek and starts regeneration . I really enjoyed tonights episode although I must admit that some of it went over my head with what had happened the daleks. But hey ho - looking forward to the finale next week.

4. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I think that pretty near everybody watching had the same reaction!
    Not being a Ten/Rose shipper (and being a total Rose hater) I'm afraid I was on the verge of laughter when the reunion was shattered by the Dalek, heh!

5. LME

LME Police Officer

I was cursing at the tv last night. For some reason I had it in my head that last night was the finale (not next week) so was using a few choice words when he started to regenerate.

WTF:wtf::wtf::wtf: he has to stay the same doctor coz Tennant is still in it!!!!!!!!

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Just watched The Stolen Earth. I loved it :D I don't know what the rules about spoilers are for non-american shows, so I won't say much, but did I mention that I loved it? :D :D :D

7. Danny Caine

Danny Caine Misha's Minion Premium Member

I think I missed this ep sat on BBC America (totally forgot to check TitanTV) so I watched it on YouTube and I loved it! It had me on the edge of my computer chair straight to the end, I can't wait for the conclusion!

8. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

I think I would like Rose a lot more if it wasn't for all the shipping. My four-year-old, on the other hand, thinks she should be the Doctor's sister but that's a whole other story...

I strongly doubt the regeneration is going to 'stick', if it was they wouldn't have made it as a cliffhanger. When they do a two-parter it's usually resolved quickly - look at Aliens of London (Oh, surprise, the Doctor can survive it and the aliens are all connected!) The Empty Child ("Go to your room!"), Rise of the Cybermen (the TARDIS crystal thingy) and the ludicrous one in The Sontaran Stratagem (we were saying on this very board that Sylvia should just smash the window, and that's exactly what she did!). I've seen various fan theories, including: Rose looks into the TARDIS again to save him; The Hand is somehow involved and halts his regeneration; he does regenerate but because of The Hand he looks the same; Jack does something with the energy; it somehow doesn't count because they're one second out of sync with the rest of the universe.

So, what about Dalek Caan's prophecy? Is one of the companions going to die? He said the most loyal, which would point to Rose or Sarah Jane (but if SJA has a new series, that's hers out of the window!) although I'm thinking it'll actually be another faux death for Jack. (Mind you, Donna seemed to be hearing drums when they went to the Shadow Proclamation - does she have a pocket watch? If she's secretly a Time Lady in human form then she could have known the Doctor for years and just not realised it!)

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I haven't watched "Doctor Who" before but I watched the last episode because the remains of "Torchwood" cast were going to be there and it's always good to see some Ianto. :devil:

10. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

When I watched "The Stolen Earth" I was trying to get ready to go out on the town but, of course, like always I was distracted. When he saw Rose I was like "YAY!" But that Dalek *whistles* what a way to dampen the mood! When he was shot I was like "NO! NO! NO! NO!" Stamping my feet and having a tantrum! He can't regenerate into a new person cos David Tennant is doing the three specials this year and next year!

At Dalek Cann's prophecy I think it's gonna be Donna who will die! :( I've only gotten used to her! :(

My hopes are that Rose stays for a bit! I love Billie Piper, she's amazing! I also hope that the Doctor bloody says "I Love You!" like he was meant to at the end of Rose's last series.

Again where the hell is Susan?!!!!!

10 Things I Hate About You

I hate the way you talk to me
    and the way you cut your hair.
    I hate the way you drive my car.
    I hate it when you stare.
    I hate your big dumb combat boots
    and the way you read my mind.
    I hate you so much it makes me sick
    it even makes me rhyme.
    I hate the way you're always right.
    I hate it when you lie.
    I hate it when you make me laugh
    even worse when you make me cry.
    I hate it when your not around
    and the fact that you didn't call
    but mostly I hate the way I don't hate you
    not even close, not even little bit, not even at all.

11. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

You and me both :lol: damn the Dalek! I was on the edge of my seat, grinning like an idiot as they run towards each other and then (to quote you know who) - BOOM! i had to watch it all again yesterday - it was a great episode :thumbsup: I loved the former PM introducing herself to everyone :guffaw:including the Daleks.

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Regarding the S4 finale - because I don't know how to work the spoiler code, I'm just going to say...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. LME

LME Police Officer

my thoughts exactly. I was on the edge lof my sit for the who show. What an ending!!!!!

14. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

I second that OMG (or is that third after LME?) - what an amazing finale. I cannot believe that they that crammed so much in one show and it was completely original as Doctor Who always is. Definitely keeping that on my Sky+ to re-watch again and again (especially the beach scene). Still stunned so will be back once I can form coherent sentences......

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Well technically as this isnt a Doctor Who site, and if this was a CSI main site, we cant talk about the particular spolier untill all have seen it?

But maybe international threads is different?

OMG did i love it... Last weekend (geek alert) - I couldn't sleep at all sunday, (saw it on BBC 3 last Sunday!) night, but all day Monday when I went to work me and a fellow co-worker chatted all day about Doctor Who and Torchwood.

That was amazing... Really gripping and totally absorbing... Although i kinda had a hunch who it was going to be... Not going to say anything just incase you've not seen it, but Donna is a fantastic character, how much do we love Catherine Tate? (thats my name by the way lol... Donna that is!)

My other favourite characters are Captain Jack, i really have a thing for him.... and for good old JB in real life... Such a hottie!