Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by glam_chic86, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Have fun, BlueCurl. Be sure to send all the board members some postcards.

2. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

well... uhm that's a lot :lol:

3. Roosey

Roosey Captain

So far I've been to Paris, Barcelona and Rome this year. I'll also go to Budapest and Stockholm (maybe)! I know, I have too much money. :lol:

Paris was wonderful, it wasn't the first time I was there. I really loved the Louvre (again), it's such a beautiful museum, they have so many things, from statues to the painting of Mona Lisa (which is pretty small, and boring). The typical touristy things are awesome. I love the Eiffel Tower by night, and the sight of the Notre Dame by night also always makes me happy. The Sacre Coeur is pretty weird, but it's wonderful on the inside and I love the view over the city there.

Barcelona is just a mixture of so many things. You get opera, lovely food, the beach, art, architecture (which is art, probably), lovely people and all the nice shops (let's say Zara, 'cause it's less expensive in Spain, hahaha!) in one city. When the weather is a little too nice you can go to the beach, when the weather is less lovely you can visit one of the many museums, but you can also go shopping in the Mercat de la Boqueria, which has a lot of fruit, fish, ham, cheese and nice tapas bars. And you should go to all the Gaudí stuff, of course, the man is a frikken' genius!

[​IMG]

This is the Mercat de la Boqueria.

I went to Rome last week and I was stunned by the beauty of this city. All those wonderful buildings, museums and the food... mwah! I loved going to the Vatican Museums, I expected to see all kinds of churchy things but there were lots of ancient statues, lovely paintings and the security guards were pretty nice too! (ghehe). The Colosseum was awesome too, I was stunned to see a building that big, that old, still standing. Saint Peter's was BIG! w00t! I wrote a paper about the church so I knew pretty much about it, but when I actually saw it in *real life* I was stunned. The Spanish Steps were also awesome, with the musicians and everything, we sang all evening. So was the Piazza Navona.. well, I just loved the city.

[​IMG]

Spanish Steps

4. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Had to share, I'm going to Vegas in July. I haven't been there since I was 15 (I think that was my age, I was going into High School so that sounds about right) and now I'm 23 so I'm the right age WHOOO HOOO

I'll be with my big bro so we are bound to get into trouble :devil: I can hardly contain myself lol I have needed a vacation for a few months now with everything that has gone wrong this will be nice :)

5. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Have to say i love Paris the times i've been the Mona Lisa is actually not that exciting i went as an art student a few years ago and it was hilarious all the hype for something not that spectacular.

I've just came back from being in Spain for a week... Fuengeriola to be exact which is about 20min from Malaga.

It was soooo nice and I loved it we had a villa to stay in tehre was 7 of us girls and it was soo nice to relax.
    And Zara in Spain, WOW i love that shop soo much i got 3 tshirts and a pair of shoes when i went in there hehe.

Hopefully might be going to Prague in the summer at some point with some friends but haven't thought about it yet.

6. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

These are the only states that I have visited
    California
    Nevada
    Arizona
    utah

I have gone very far considering i live in California. But my family and I are going to Utah again which means we will pass through Nevada and Arizona to get there.

I want to go to England and New Zealand when I get older. I also want to go to Australia.

7. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Countries I've visited:

England
    Scotland
    The Republic of Ireland (I live in Northern Ireland)
    Italy
    Germany
    America (New York State)
    Canada

I'm going to Disneyland Paris next Tuesday, so I'll soon have been to France aswell, and then later in July, I'm going back to Canada for the third *is very excited* I love it over there. :D I'm hoping to get another visit to the States when I'm in Canada, but if my Dad has his way, that won't happen. :(

8. NZGirly

NZGirly Police Officer

I have been to:
    Australia (3 times)
    Phuket
    Bangkok
    Fiji

At home here in New Zealand I have been to:

South Island
    Nelson
    Blenheim
    Queenstown
    Dunedin
    Akaroa
    Hamner Springs
    Timaru
    Picton
    Kaikoura
    Alexandra
    Westport
    Greymouth
    Kaiteriteri
    Motueka
    Oamaru
    Cromwell
    Twizel
    Omarama
    Lake Tekapo

North Island
    Wellington
    Auckland

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Mainly i've stayed around Europe. I've been to:

France (twice)
    Spain (twice)
    Mallorca (five times)
    Ibiza (3 times)
    Turkey (twice)
    Lanzarote

I've also just made my first trip to the states, and went to Miami.

And in a few weeks I'm going to Greece :)

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Places I have traveled to

Canada. Ok so I live here but I've been to all 10 provinces and at the time 14 years ago the two territories. Since then a third territory has been formed by splitting The Northwest Territory into 2 :)

United States. We've been to all 50 states. We've actually driven to 49 of them. We're waiting on the bridge to be built between Hawaii and the mainland so we can complete the drive :)

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    France
    Belgium
    The Netherlands
    Germany
    Switerzland
    Russia while it was still a communist country
    Taiwan
    Hong Kong

My dream vacation is to travel to Australia

11. allmaple

allmaple Judge

wow Jacquie you are quite the traveller :lol: im bad, ive only been to ontario and quebec in canada :eek:

ive been to (well, driven through) most of the states on the eastern side, on the way down to florida or north carolina. have been to new york city and chicago, and i think i would pick chicago to visit again over nyc :eek: oh yeah...flown to hawaii too.

internationally ive only been to:
    france (paris, nimes, and nice)
    bermuda
    st lucia
    costa rica
    and in 6 weeks time i will be living in grenada for three years

where i would like to go:
    australia
    new zealand
    italy
    greece
    spain
    equador/galapagos
    back to costa rica (we were on the pacific side, i would like to see the caribbean side and the cloud forests)

eta: forgot to mention new orleans. we were there a few years ago for one of my dads conferences. was so much fun, the history and people and all the stories (we went on a ghost tour and cemetery tour, creepy...) we were there in the summer though, deathly hot and humid! you had to ring out your underpants when you got back to the hotel because they were so sweaty :lol:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  12. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Well I've already posted where I've been to, so now I'm going to tell y'all where I'd really love to visit:

• Germany again (I'd love to go to Berlin).
    • Austria, I'd love to see Vienna.
    • Switzerland
    • New York City
    • Texas
    • Nevada
    • California
    • New England.
    • London, about an hour on a plane, and I've never been...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  13. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Wow, if we're talking about places we'd like to go i think my list is huge:

LA
    San Francisco
    Las Vegas (obviously ;))
    New York
    Hawaii
    South Africa
    Australia
    Paris (considering it's only an hour and a bit flight i can't beleive I've never been)
    Dublin ^ ^ ditto
    Munich and Berlin
    Prague
    Tokyo

I think they're the main ones ;)

14. Caro86

Caro86 Rookie

this month:

2nd june - 6th june : LONDON (+Bournemouth), UK
    23rd june - 25th june : BERLIN, Germany

15. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

God, I have so many places I want to see, that I don't even know I will see them all in this lifetime :lol: Traveling is my favourite activity in the world. I will list my top 5 choices from my list: number 1 was, is and always will be London, and UK in general. Second is NYC (and it's not because of CSI:NY, I have always liked the place, and 7 years ago my best friend moved over there, and I just want to visit :) ) third is New Zealand, it is a great country and I actually know people that are from there and they are just lovely and the way they talk about their country is impossible not to be fascinated with it. Brazil is next on the list and close to Brazil is Chile. :D Last but not least South Africa. I have a teacher who is carrying a reasearch project over there, and I hope that in 6 left from my studies I will get to be involved too :)

This month I am going in the middle of nowhere to build the geological map of an unexplored area, it's supposed to take me 10 days, but I have a feeling that it will be more than that. After I am coming back from there, I will leave the country for a while with a group of friends and basically the destination is unknown, we'll just drive around Europe and see where the path is taking us :)