'Miami' And 'New York' DVD Releases Announced

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 26, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Last season goes on sale just before the new season begins.<p>The sixth season of <I>CSI: Miami</I> will be released on DVD September 9. Guest-stars in the sixth season included <font color=yellow>John Schneider</font>, <font color=yellow>Elizabeth Berkley</font> and <font color=yellow>Tom Sizemore</font>. The 21-episode collection will be presented in widescreen format with Dolby 5.1 audio.<p><I>CSI: New York</I>'s fourth season will also be released in September. The 21-episode, six-disc set comes to DVD September 23 and has a suggested retail price of $69.99. The fourth season contained such guest-stars as <font color=yellow>Mykelti Williamson</font>, <font color=yellow>Robert Picardo</font> and <font color=yellow>Adam Baldwin</font>.<p>The cover design for <I>New York</I>'s DVD set has also been released. The box is blue and contains <font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font> (Mac Taylor) and <font color=yellow>Melina Kanakaredes</font> (Stella Bonasera) on the front. You can view the design at <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/CSI-NY-Season-4-Box-Art-Extras/9922">TV Shows on DVD</a>. Special features on the <I>CSI: NY</I> set will include one episode commentary from executive producer <font color=yellow>Anthony Zuiker</font> and four exclusive featurettes.<p>Visit TV Shows on DVD for the original information about the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/CSI-Miami-Season-6/9902">CSI: Miami release date</a> and the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/CSI-NY-Season-4/9901">CSI: NY release date</a>, as well as the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/CSI-NY-Season-4-Box-Art-Extras/9922">details</a> about the <I>New York</I> set.<center></center>

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Just one commentary on the NY set??? :( I was kind of hoping the sets would be super sweet because of the shortened season, but it looks like that's not going to be the case at all. I wonder which episode Zuiker will do commentary on--my money is on "Down the Rabbit Hole."

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I am not liking the NY DVD cover art.

Yeah, I'm disappointed with only one commentary, I was really hoping for something great on 'Child's Play' or 'All in the Family' for example.

Maybe they'll surprise us with four awesome featurettes, although I won't be getting my hopes up. :lol:

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, the lack of commentaries is making me a sad bunny--all of the great opportunities this season, and we're only getting one? :( I know they had the strike and everything going on, but let's be honest here--the episodes are only 40-minutes long, you wouldn't think it would be hard to tape a few commentaries. There are fewer episodes and very few featurettes (although they never have a lot and it's mostly the lack of commentaries that stands out), but I'm still supposed to shell out that kind of money for it?

I don't mind the pictures on the front, but wtf color of blue is that? Maybe I'm just weird, but it would be nice if all of the cover designs were kind of similar so they matched on the shelf--this one is going to stand out like a sore thumb.

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well, i called it. The consumers will be paying for the strike...i do like the cover art though.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

:lol::lol:

WTF is with this crap that is the supposed NY DVD? One commentary and four featurettes? And that cover art is fugly. I knew the strike would cause damage all in the end.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I thought the sets might cost a little less, but yeah, not so much I guess. I suppose it is only three episodes short of a normal season, but that's why it would have been nice to spruce it up with a few extra commentaries/extras. I don't think it would have killed them to have a few more commentaries, especially given some of the great episodes this season. One lone commentary is just not much.

The cover is okay--by now I'm used to it being all about Mac and Stella. :rolleyes:

8. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Tell me about it! :rolleyes: Anyone has any ideas what the featurettes are about??

9. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Excuse me? $70 You're going to charge me $35 more than I've paid for previous sets while giving me three fewer episodes and crappy extras like commentary by Anthony Zuiker? I don't think so, Scooter. Fuck you, CBS, you greedy corporate shitstains.

I've got news for you, bubba. Season 4 was terrible. Most of the time, it struggled to be worth its usual asking price of $45. Most of the time, it wasn't. Most of the time, it was an hour-long peepshow, wherein we watched Zuiker masturbate to his latest corporate Dom while telling us all that it was oh, so good, baby. I refuse to pay any money for that, much less $70.

There were 3 or 4 watchable episodes in S4, in my opinion--"You Only Die Once"(solely for Action!Flack, you understand), "Child's Play","All in the Family", and "Admissions". "Right Next Door" doesn't make my ass throb with the burning ache of plundered time I'll never get back, either, so maybe that's 5. 5 episodes out of 21. And you expect me to pay $70. In your dreams.

No, thanks, CBS. I'll spend that $70 on something actually entertaining, like Rammsten CDs and a copy of Volkerball on DVD so that I can watch the magnificent Till Lindemann for three hours, most of those hours spent sans shirt.

Mmmm. Now that's bang for your buck.