Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Finch, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

Fair enough. I probably could have done the same. I basically saw the premise of the show, combined with the fact that it had Jensen Ackles in it, and I figured I was going to really like it. Plus, as I recall, prior to season 1 it had some decent buzz building around it.

2. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Yep. I'd never bought a DVD box before that I hadn't seen an episode from, but I just knew I was gonna love it. :p I mean, Jensen Ackles. And yes, the posibility of selling it used was there too.

3. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

So, about episode 1, season 4:

Called "Lazarus Rising"

There is a Kristy with Sam, maybe Ruby in a new meatsuit. A Castiel, who claims to be a demon, talking to a guy, who asks him, why he saved him.
    And a Guy ( hopefully Dean ).

And about Bobby:

Jim Beaver put a very short blub out to all his myspace friends...

"Just got word that I'm in the first two episodes of Season 4. Pleasant, if not unexpected, news."

Yay! :lol:

4. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

WOW! Looks like I'm not the only Dutch person who loves Supernatural in here anymore. :p

I love the channel that's gonna air Supernatural here on July 6th and they're amazing with promoting their shows. The promo for Supernatural is coming at least 1 each hour or 2 hours by, which is pretty cool. They also putted the bit where Dean is humming Metallica in there. :D :thumbsup:

I'm sure the show will do much better on this channel than it did on the other channel about 2 years ago.

It will also help me right away with my major withdrawals at the same time. :lol:

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ You guys actually get previews? Jesus, I wish I lived in Holland. The CW just sucks at it. Well, unless it's Gossip Girl or Reaper, in which case, I'm bombarded with their promos 70 times an hour.

Although they did include a short blurb (two seconds) of Supernatural with their lineup commercial. Not bad but not good either. At least Space has some promotion--I remember they used to advertise like crazy.

^^^ Gah, poopoo about the spoilers.
    I liked Ruby. :( Like I was telling my sister yesterday, they'll probably lay off the Impala because of the gas prices. :lol:

6. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

That was the same with the first channel here that had Supernatural and did no promo neither for Supernatural, which ended Supernatural being aired here in Holland. :(

The channel that has it now gives an amazing promo and a lot of times a day too. This channel has always been good for the shows they get it too and they promote it just as much as their other shows. Next week the promo will really start and I'm sure they will also have supernatural starting July 6th under or above their logo loads of times just like their other shows.

I have always said that some TV channels can learn from this channel and I will say it now much often. :lol:

7. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

^Yes! I love that channel. That promo looks amazing and I hope a lot of people will start watching.. so I can talk to people about 'last night's episode'. :p

8. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

I'm sure with the amount of promo Net5 is doing now they will attrac viewers for Supernatural for sure. I can't wait for more Dutch viewers neither and talk to people about it.

It's about time too. :lol:

9. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Yes. I've been waiting for Supernatural to air for a long time, because it seemed like such a cool show. Then they put the DVD's in stores and suddenly it's on TV. :rolleyes: Well, I'm just glad.

10. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

Veronica aired it first in October 2006, but they did no promo at all for Supernatural and the show got pulled off TV after 4 episodes. Then like 6 months later the first part of the season 1 DVD came in the stores and now we're finally getting it back on TV again.

I hope the show gets plenty of viewers so it won't be pulled of the TV again cause this show also deserves success here in Holland. :)

11. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

;) Vote For Jensen and SN For The Syfy Awards

2008 SyFy Portal Genre Awards.

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2008/index.php

"Voting is open from June 25, 2008 to July 25, 2008. Come back and vote each day, but please, just one vote per email address per calendar day."

Post the link wherever you think it can help.

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

This is so cool. New Supernatural watchers worldwide. That's awesome. :) This show really deserves more recognition. Seriously, the people that watch it LOVE it. It's not like most people watch an episode here and there- once you're in, you're IN! :lol: At least that's been my impression so far of all the people I know personally who've found themselves hooked on this show.

Also, congrats to us. It's almost July (and I have a 5 day weekend starting Friday! Woo Hoo!) and we're still chatting in this thread, keeping it from slipping on to page 2! We rock, and so does our show. :D

13. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

This show is simply awesome! ( Dean got me started on using this word, & now I can't stop. Awesome & dude! :rolleyes: Thanks a lot Dean. )

SN doesn't have many fans. Will never have a CSI or GA rating. :( Sadly! But the ones who saw an episode got hooked, and are extremely loyal. ( Maybe because of the pressure of getting canceled. :( ) Like u say, once you're in, you're IN! It's not a watch random show, must watch every episode. So, I guess with a decent promotion the show would do much better. But instead of getting more attention, every season it get's new budget cuts. :rolleyes:

Clicky for season 3 dvd labels.

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

thats definitely what happened to me :lol: i dont know why i didnt start watching it in the first place, i guess it was before we had a dvr and with the satellite we couldnt tape one channel while watching another. caught one, and then there was no going back. im just really sad that i cant see season 1 and 2, i dont have the money to buy them and they are not available through methods that cant be discussed on the board :lol:

i think it is so incredibly well written, i seem to prefer the shows that are dramas with comedy mixed in. so i was powerless to resist the winchester brothers (the fact that they are insanely hot didnt help either :p)

15. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

oh thats so awesome about jensen *goes to vote* i'll have to remember to vote everyday for that. hopefuilly he'll win.
    i am cokpletely in agreement withh everyone, its definitely one of those shows that you get hooked on from the moment you watch it. its undeniably one of the best shows on tv if you ask me, but like al great shows, it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
    the show is amazingly written, just the mythic points of it has to be incredibly hard to get accurate but from what i know they seem to do a pretty stellar job. then mixing all that up with the brothers and their relationship, i don't think i could do it thats for sure ha.
    that sucks, i could suggest looking around lj, you might be able to find some things there if i come across any i'll pm you or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.