This Mystery Is A Real 'Page Turner'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 22, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Reading can be deadly.<p>According to CSI Files sources, the second episode of <I>CSI: New York</I>'s fifth season will be called "Page Turner". The episode finds the team dealing with a very dangerous killer: radiation. Two victims show up with thallium poisoning, and the team has to figure out where and how they were poisoned to prevent any more deaths.<p>One of the victims is Liza Carpenter, a young woman found with graffiti designs painted on her body. Adam runs the patterns through the GraffitiStat Database, which can identify the unique designs of a particular artist. The database is able to give them a name: Kenneth Bamford, aka K-Blam. He started out painting walls and now he's moved on to painting people. But did his art cause Liza's death?<p>In K-Blam's studio, artists are airbrushing designs on sexy female models. The women aren't wearing much aside from the paint, but they have paper paint masks on their faces. K-Blam is in the middle of painting one of the models, sprinkling blue glass microbeads over the fresh paint to make the design sparkle. Stella and Danny, accompanied by a team of CDC techs, interrupt their work by storming into the vibrantly-painted warehouse space. The group is wearing safety suits and carrying Geiger counters.<p>The techs test all of the paint in the warehouse, looking for any sign of radiation. Nothing causes the Geiger counters to react, but Stella and Danny speak to K-Blam about Liza. He remembers her and says her complexion wasn't that great when he painted her--she had a rash on her cheeks. He didn't pay attention to the rash and just painted over it. He tells Stella and Danny that she left looking better than she did when she came in. Danny asks K-Blam what kind of paint he used on Liza, and the artist says he didn't use anything out of the ordinary: an oil-based paint that is non-toxic and hypoallergenic.<p>The poison is ultimately traced to a book from the New York Public Library: their second victim, Dante Gunther, tore a page from the book. The morgue becomes an exposure control facility to prevent anybody in the lab from being exposed to the radiation without a protective suit--but it's too late. The team has a deeper interest in this particular investigation: a personal connection. Sid Hammerback, their colleague and friend, is fighting for his life in the hospital as they rush to find out who is responsible.<p>Please note that the above plot details have not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour. The above information comes from early script drafts and the details of the episodes are liable to change before the episodes are shown. <p> "Page Turner" is expected to air in September or October on CBS.<center></center>

2. Sushie_Shuakhwe

Sushie_Shuakhwe Hit and Run

BWAH?! *Cries.*

I hope they don't kill Sid, or, you know, damage him forever, beyond being a ME again. Or make his hair fall out! Three reasons... First, he is a completely lovely, awesome and fun to watch character. Second, I'm a Robert Joy fan, and this is my way of getting a regular dose of his guest starring goodness. Thirdly... HE'S MY MUSE! (Insert large panicky gestures here.)

*Sigh.* And again, here I am, stuck in Australia, where we wouldn't even get that episode until, like, NEXT YEAR! Can I have a hug, please? *Worries.*

On the other hand... Sid in a hospital gown? WHOOO!

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*hugs* I don't think they'll get rid of Sid. From Hill Harper's recent CSI Files interview:

And then:

That sounds to me like he'll be in danger but not die. :)

4. Sushie_Shuakhwe

Sushie_Shuakhwe Hit and Run

Yay, hug! Ah, well that makes much more sense. Thank ye for that. But still, I am prone to worry, because if a page from a book can kill, then, well, it seems like it's a pretty big event. Which in turn leads me to wonder why Sid is the resident near death experience pin up these days... Alas, the fanbase over at LJ never did work out what he was allergic to, although I'm voting on something really obscure.

But, back to Sid... I think this may very well be a good episode, Sid wise. Because RJ is a brilliant actor, this I state again with much glee, and the team is attached to him, I think, Mac, Stella, Hawkes, each in their own way. As far as I remember, although he didn't appear in the show until later on, timeline wise, he has been working in the ME business for some time, following vague hints here and there, as even Peyton seemed to know him close up. The summation of these musings ends up in me hoping that they don't gloss over this bit, because it'd be a nice chance for some well crafted emotional scenes, without anyone getting blown up, mauled, or tied sexily to a chair with a gun in their face.

And again, I must say, Sid+Hospital gown= *Squee.* As much as I hate the idea of him being hurt, some of the best moments in CSI have been the trauma/emotional pain ones.

5. IrinaAthena

IrinaAthena Victim

It looks like an interesting ep! I'm also a big RJ fan and was a bit worried at first, but from what Faylinn said, I don't think they'll kill him off. Hopefully, it'll bring some development for Sid, maybe even introduce his family.

On another note, I've been having one of those really odd theories involving the promo picture and this whole idea. I know, it was for season four, but still, it sort of fits.

And agreed. Most of the traumatic moments of CSI have proven to be very emotional and memorable.