Which do you like better: LabRat Greg or CSI Greg?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DocInTheBox, Jun 23, 2008.

?

Which Greggo rocks your socks?

1. Lab Rat Greggo

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. CSI Greggo

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. I heart both Greggo's

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DocInTheBox

DocInTheBox Dead on Arrival

Yo! Still pretty new at this, so have mercy. I was just watching the CSI network (aka Spike), and I saw some episodes of Greg making the transition from lab rat to investigator, and I remembered how much I loved seeing him in the lab in the earlier seasons. Of course, he didn't have near the screentime he does now, and he's grown a lot since becoming a CSI. So, I really have no idea which Greg I like better. But maybe all you guys' opinions could help me out here. I'm conflicted. :confused:

2. ItDontMatter

ItDontMatter Hit and Run

I liked the wacky, geeky smart and cute LabRat Greg. I still love him and his character had to grow some but they took a bit of his crasy fun side away. I miss that. I think he could still be a fun guy and be a CSI, it would be a nice change of pace.

3. DocInTheBox

Yeah, they watered his wackiness down a little too much for my taste. although mature!greg is sexy, too.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I like the labrat Greg, not CSI Greg. I have lost interested in him, because he is not funny anymore, he is dull and boring. Sound like Nick or Hodges take over his comedy. I still like Greg, I don't love him as much as I love Nick and Grissom.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I love my Greggo no matter what. Everyone matures and transitioning from the lab to out in the field where you actually see death all the time would change you somewhat and Greg has shown that change. He still has his funny moments, but overall I think the writers could do more with him. He is underused.

6. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I chose lab rat Greg because he was so entertaining to see back then. I miss the younger Greg, but I still love CSI Greg as well, just not as much. As Dizzney said, you mature when you switch from the lab to the field. It's to be expected, seeing as how you're dealing with death every work day. It'd be nice to see some of his wackiness come back, though.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I had to go with both as Greg has been showing his crazy/wacky side a lot more when cracking jokes at the crime scene. Also the serious side when dealing with real issues and publishing a book. :)

8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I just love Greg, so both 'Greg's for me. But I have to admit Lab Rat Greg was much more fun, joking and outgoing. I loved his scenes in the earlier seasons, and laughed many a time at him. Obviously, as a few of you have said, becoming a CSI and seeing what they see every day is going to have 'calmed' him a little, or a lot, and I guess maturing with age comes into that as well. But I still love him, and occasionally a funny comment is still in there, for example a bullet runs through it, Grissom said about skid marks, and Greg laughs and says to himself, "he said skid marks." i guess that's a little of the 'old' Greg shining through.

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well this past season we got to see some of the excited Greg, like in The Cross Dressing Carp episode about the mob stuff and when he first mentioned his book. He was so giddy about the stuff Sara was working on. Old Greg is still in there, they just do not have him come out as much as he use to, again I think mostly due to the more serious nature of being a CSI out in the field.

10. DocInTheBox

I agree, wacky!Greg is still in there, just in small spurts. I guess it is only to be expected, like everyone has said. But Greg's sense of humour and spontenaiety is what attracted me to his character in the first place, and I'd hate to see his character lose those qualities entirely.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

BOTH, I loved his quirky funny experiments and his laughable silliness as a lab rat:lol:but he's grown and matured and is writing a book, he's still has his spurts of funny personable traits, he's always an enjoyable person and I hope he stays the way he is:thumbsup: one ep. where I LOL was when Hodges was doing his always obnoxious banter and Greg goes to Grissom "doesn't that guy bug you"? and Grissom says "No more than he does anybody else":guffaw:

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Of course both! I just can't separate. True that Greg as a lab rat was more fun and outgoing, but I really like his "other side" when he's a CSI. He really knows when he can joke around and when be serious. Totally agree with you bubbles where you said about his mature, the same with Dizzney's opinion. Our joking Greg is still there and I would love to find him in next epis (or re-watch older ones).

13. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

that's easy - Lab Rat Greg. He was pretty cool and a lot of fun :cool:

These days Greg is the character I have least time for in CSI. It's not that I dislike him - I'm just totally indifferent to him.

Hodges has taken over the wacky character side of things, and he does it so well!

14. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I prefer Lab Rat Greg, he was very funny, eccentric, very original and had more interaction with other characters.

Becoming a CSI was a promotion for the character but not for the actor, now he has less screentime, and he is a little dull. :(

Greg used to be one of my favourite character, but he lost a lot when becoming a CSI.

I loved crazy Greg, I miss him a lot.

Too bad.

15. Angel_Glow

Angel_Glow Victim

I agree with you on the first part - he was pretty funny, and weird. ( To each of their own, I guess)

But he hast completly lost his sense of humor. I love funny moments with Griss.