Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Finch, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

I think your very first link might be off- I saw Christian Bale and Maggie Gyllenhal! Heh heh.

Gag reels RULE! :D Can't wait to see that one. I hope they have some actor commentaries again too- this time I hope Jared and Jensen do one alone; they're more entertaining on their own, I think.

2. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Gag Reel! Gag Reel! I can't wait!!

When it comes to Dean and Sam brotherly moments,seriously every scene is great. The cute bantering ones, the heart felt Dean-Hated chick flick moments, the love. If i had to choose a favorite I seriously wouldn't be able to.

I love them in Bloody Mary: when Dean shows that he's concerned about Sam and his nightmares, but knows to let Sam talk when he's ready. Then is evident concern when Sam won't share his Secret about Jess' death.

Home: that entire episode, the phone call where Dean (who hates chick flick moments) is crying as he's talking to his dad- It reminds me of times when I'm facing something and I dont' know what to do and I cry because I don't know what to do. When Dean comes to save Sam (twice!), and when we saw both Mary and John.

Asylum: We've all said things to our siblings that we regret/never meant to say. But the entire episode was just so... real. Because Sam is reaching a breaking point, and his brother was in his way.

Faith: Sam mentioned in Bloody Mary that he would die for his brother. In the beginning of this episode, we can clearly see that he meant it. He wouldn't take "Dean's Dying" as the final answer.

The Benders: Dean's freakouts. Dean finding his brother. This is what brother!love is all about.

Shadow: Father/Brother/Brother time! You can see just how close the whole family is, even when they aren't together, just by this one episode.

Something Wicked This Way Comes: I absolutely adore this episode. We finally got to see why Dean is so protective of Sam and why he listens to Dad all the time. We already knew that Dean is protective of Sam because of the Pilot episode, but this just goes to show WHY he does it. This is the time that he realizes that if he doesn't, Sammy could very well get hurt. In the process of Sam getting hurt, Dean has his father's disappointment to live with, as well.

In My Time of Dying: Sam just WILL NOT take "Dean's Dying" as an answer (which is good, especially for the upcoming season). Granted it was John who gave his soul to save Dean, but you see in this episode how close the two are. Dean's dying and Sam can still feel his energy.

All Hell Breaks Loose (Part 1 and 2): Sam has said he'd die for his brother. We've seen him not take "Dean's Dying" as an answer. But what happens when the roles are reversed? Well, Dean sells his soul and takes a trip to hell only a year later. And the moment when Sam dies, and Dean's emotions just runneth over. Who else flipped off their seat and screamed at the TV?

ha I was going to list all of my favorite episodes that have a Brother!love moment inside, but there are just far to many to list.. Almost every episode in some shape or form has a brotherly moment that I adore. And that's why I love this show so much. It has that untouchable charm about it. These two brothers, who could have led very different lives love each other, will do anything for each other, and have been brought closer together by a family tragedy.

Blood is indeed thicker than water.

3. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I am having Jared/Jensen withdrawls, because of the Euro Cup Soccer thing it has not aired for 2weeks. *sad* Any suggestions how I can overcome my blues. Can you suggest any good fics (remember I am still watching season 1). Thanks. Have the fans given Jared/Jensen a theme song yet?

4. BabaOReilly

Pick up the DVD's! :lol:

I wonder if I'll catch a glimpse of them this summer. I think they film mostly out in the burbs, so I never see them since I'm downtown. I'm still holding on to that one fleeting moment when I saw Jensen downtown a couple years ago... sigh...

:lol:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like "My Brother's Eyes". I don't know who sings it, but it was in the movie "Kickboxer 2" (which starred Sasha Mitchell). It's when the guy is thinking about his brother(s) who had died. It would fit for Sam/Dean now that Dean is in hell.

As for a Sam song- another song from Kickboxer 2 "A Man Alone"- goes something like this: "too hurt to cry, I'm holding back the tears. I wanna run and hide from all the wasted years. In this lonely room I sit and stare, a man alone... a man alone..." (that's all I remember- haven't watched the movie in a while).

And I think the show has established a song for John and the boys: Kansas' "Carry on My Wayward Son". I love that song! "there'll be peace when you are done. lay your weary head to rest. don't you cry no more." Woo-hoo! Too bad poor Dean can't lay his head to rest since he's in hell.

You know, I kind of have to say (that while it gave us some good Dean moments), I'm not too thrilled with the whole storyline of Dean selling his sould and ending up having to go to hell because of it. I would have rather we gotten a weird twist like Dean discovering his has the power to heal when he unwittingly brings his brother back to life just by putting his hands on him. Like they could sorta have paralleled that something bad put DNA in Sam while something good put DNA in Dean. That would have just been kind of neat I think.

Why can't Dean have any powers? Okay, I'm starting to get an image of Dean in a leather/rubber/spandex superhero costume (ala the black uniforms in Xmen). Yummy. :drool:

6. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Supernatural star visits, buys undies

Supernatural pin-up boy Jared Padalecki is feeling a little snug in the pants.

The 25-year-old Hollywood actor arrived eight hours late in the country without his bags which had been misplaced en route, along with all of his clothes.

As a result his first stop when he arrived in Sydney was to pick up some new underpants, but for a guy who spends most of his time battling the paranormal on the Network Ten hit show Supernatural as Sam Winchester, buying grundies proved quite a challenge.

"I had to go buy clean underwear with the crazy Australian sizes that I didn't understand," he told AAP in Sydney.

"Sixteen? 18? I have no idea what size I am - we do small, medium and large.

"They're far too small - they're like a thong. It's embarrassing."

But the hoards of teenage girls who queued up to see Padalecki at the Supanova Pop Culture Expo in Sydney didn't mind.

Hundreds of fans of the show waited in line for hours to see Padalecki and grab an autograph or a photo.

Padalecki, who made a name for himself playing teen heartthrob Dean on the hit show the Gilmore Girls, says meeting his fans is one of the biggest perks of the job.

"It's exciting to do stuff like this - people are coming to see you and take pictures, and give you compliments and take photos with you and want your autograph - you definitely feel cool after doing it," Padalecki joked.

"We put in so many hours on this show that it's nice to meet people face-to-face as opposed to seeing ratings - a meaningless number on an internet site somewhere."

Padalecki filmed Disney movie A Ring of Endless Light in Australia in 2002 and then a remake of House of Wax with Paris Hilton in 2005.

He is one of many stars who have turned up in Sydney to greet fans at the Supanova Expo, including Jewel Staite from Firefly and Stargate: Atlantis, Kandyse McClure from Battlestar Galactica, and the stars of Gladiators and Heroes.

The Expo, which runs all weekend at Sydney Olympic Park, celebrates all things imaginary from Star Wars to Superman, Halo to Harry Potter and Transformers to Tomb Raider.

http://news.smh.com.au/national/supernatural-star-visits-buys-undies-20080621-2uil.html

:guffaw::lol:

7. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Ok, spill the beans. Is the fangirl who stole all Jared's clothing & undies on this site? Are you wearing his undies now(yucky!!! If it was jensen's clothing, I would understand completely).LOL, that was a very funny article. He looks much older than 25.

8. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

* Hey, he's a cute kid, but I wouldn't go for his undies! :lol: Now, Jensen is whole different business! :devil:

2 years? So then Supernatural is guaranteed its 5 seasons? God I hope so!

" Supernatural executive producer Eric Kripke has scored an overall deal at Warner Bros. TV.

According to Variety, in the two-year exclusive pact, Kripke will continue to exec produce and showrun CW's Thursday staple Supernatural, which enters its fourth season this fall.

Kripke also will start to develop new projects under the deal. There's no word if one of the new titles might be a Supernatural spinoff; Kripke has said in the past that he's interested in doing a prequel of sorts that takes place in the Old West and centered on the show's mythology.

Kripke's at work crafting the show's fourth season, following up on the season three cliffhanger that sent Dean (Jensen Ackles) to hell. "

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/82/29482.php

Also a scan. Be aware of spoilers:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1028/wrki9jzb6.jpg

9. BabaOReilly

Actually, I think Kripke wants to end the show after 5 seasons. He has his story arc all in place and he wants to go out on a high note. While I'll miss it, I think that's a cool idea.

10. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

I've heard. Sad, sad thoughts! :(

Season 4 spoiler.

I don't really care who comes and goes, as long as I get my brotherly moments fix! ;) So, don't mess with that Kripke!

11. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I figured that was it for Ruby once Lilith took her over. Too bad- I sort of liked the element she added to the show.

Is Bobby coming back?

12. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

This show is finally coming to Holland. I've always wanted to watch this because it seemed so cool. :D I thought it was never going to be on TV here, so I just bought the DVD box a week ago.. and a day later (seriously, a day) I saw a commercial: Watch Supernatural, July 6th here on Net5. I was like: Ooookay. Cool. Do I have to watch all those episodes again? I will anyway. I don't mind. :p I love it.

13. BabaOReilly

So, did you buy the DVD's before you'd even seen an episode, Marns? That's a risky move, if so! I do have a friend who saw the werewolf episode and then went out and bought season one though. She loved it!

Then again, who doesn't? :lol:

14. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Yes, he is in the spoilers for episode 1. So I hope he will still be around.

I just wish the spoilers were less confusing. But I guess it's still to early to tell.

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Haha, I bought the DVD's before I'd seen any episodes. Totally worth it, though.
    I was fairly certain I was going to like it, I just didn't realize how much. I figured that if I didn't, I could sell it used somewhere and get at least some of my money back :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.