The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Ha! I was right!!! :D

I knew that Portugal will enter the game a bit cocky and that Germany will use that to their advantage. I predict them playing the "italian" role and being the team who played awful in their group and then resurrected.

2. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

[​IMG]

Yeeeeesssss!!!! We did it! We beat Portugal!!! That match was so awesome, we were so much better than we were in the first matches! Everyone did a great job, the last minutes almost killed me with that suspense, I can't quite believe it yet. After the really bad matches against Croatia and Austria we played so brilliantly today! After the match we marched around the town, singing and shouting and whistling, that was awesome! (Even though it still feels a bit weird, marching up and down the street, shouting "Germany!!!" and waving our flags... but however, tonight it was nothing but a big party. I know that, as a German, I have to be careful with what I say about pride and stuff, but tonight it was just about football and nothing else, and damnit I was proud - of our team.) Okay I'm talking to much and it's already past midnight, I should go to sleep now... ;)

3. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Well, off to cheer for my country! The atmosphere is absolutely great and hopefully we'll celebrate long into the night. :D

I have to say, I'm a bit worried, since Turkey is totally high on excitement and the atmosphere on the court will be pretty tense.

Go Croatia!!!

4. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Croatia, I'd like our team to play against them again, it's our time for revenge ;) Furthermore, there are a lot of people from Turkey here in Germany and it might be really difficult if Germany has to play against Turkey, it's been peaceful all the time cuz both could celebrate their team, but if the fans of Germany and Turkey suddenly had to be opponents there might be some trouble in the cities. I prefer peaceful celebrations ;)

5. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Well, I don't know what to say...
    I certainly hope that Germany will put Turkey in their place, because they already got too far only based on luck...

6. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I hope so too, Misery. Croatia really deserved to win that match yesterday. I also want Germany to win because I really hope they get to play the finale against The Netherlands. Of course we first have to beat Russia tonight and then on Thursday Italy or Spain but I have faith. :)

7. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

Omg the game yesterday was really boring and then two goals in two minutes...I won't imagine what will happen here in Germany if Turkey wins...so go Germany :D I hope Italy won't be in the semi-finale...regarding to the worldcup:devil:
    Have a nice week-end and Eurocup everyone...I have to watch the match now...

8. alienor

alienor Police Officer

Tonight Russia - Holland. It must be a very promising game. Both teams were very impressive. Cannot guess who will win.

It seems that Russia is favorite.

9. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Quarterfinals in this Euro are definitely the most surprising part of the whole competition...

Russia leads against the Netherlands and they are playing extremely well. I have to say I am surprised, but there is still 20 minutes till the end.

IMO, this is the best game I watched throughout the entire competition. A real parade of beautiful moves from both teams.

Edit: Russia really showed something special in this game, and although I'm a big fan of Netherland, Russia deserved to go to the half finals. Now it's only left to see if they'll play against Spain (again) or Italy.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  10. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

3-1.. Well congratulations Russia. You played so well. :) But you should've heard the whole country with the lovely name of Holland scream when we scored. Sure we were all on the edge of our seats. Though I'm okay with losing to Russia, because they are so strong, they played so well, but I was hoping to win for Van der Sar. His last game. He did great. :D And sure, winning for Bouhlarouz would have been nice too. (Oh I guess some of the Russians over here are happy because I see fireworks. :lol:) But Guus Hiddink just knows us too well.

My my that Pavlyuchenko is a great player! Whew! :D Good luck to Russia in the rest of the competition.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Croatia-Turkey was such a boring match and then they did everything in the last minute of the extra time. Sorry Misery, a cruel way to go but that's football. :eek:

Holland-Russia, I thought Holland was going to win easily after we defeated Russia 4-1 but, wow, Russia really deserved to win, they failed sooo many clear goal opportunities.

Tomorrow Spain-Italy [/scared] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Wow! I admire the fact that you're able to be okay with the outcome of this match. All I can get out right now are words that I'm not allowed to put here. I was not prepared for this. :scream:

13. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

^ Haha, I guess I've learned that from the past, where we did, well, not so good. :lol: I had fun watching this game. We were all like: this game sucks. Then we scored in what we thought would be the last 5 minutes and then it was suddenly: HEY! Cool game! :lol: Well Russia had a lot of great, great opportunities and at the end they took 'em. Congrats. :)

14. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Congrats to Russia, I'm sorry for the Netherlands (yes, even though I'm German :guffaw:), after those first 3 matches they would have deserved to get to the semifinals. But they didn't play well, honestly. I'm really excited about the match tonight, I hope Spain wins!

15. 4blueeyez

4blueeyez Rookie

Well, I'm from Holland so I should be upset after last night (and I am just a little:(), but before the tournament started I said that Russia would become champion. My family looked at me like I was a traitor or something. And now it looks like I could be right:lol:. It is still being a bit for Holland though, since their coach is from Holland. Go Russia!:rommie: