This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

I'm thinking that they may solve Warrick's case by November sweeps, and this will be about the time for WP's time away. I would find it hard to believe that he would leave town if Warrick's case isn't solved. I really don't want it to be dragged out all season long. And I think it will be a team effort solving the case and Nick just might be the one to break it. The fact is, this isn't season 1 and we can't go backwards. If they are truly preparing for WP's departure, they are going to have to convince people that Nick can fill his shoes, or Catherine.
    Also, I think Grissom's mother is dead. And I think that his time away will have something to do with Sara. A honeymoon would be nice, especially if Warrick's case is solved and Sara's ghosts are buried.
    I ditto the need for some type of interaction between Greg and Sara. I would like to see a tender scene like they had in the locker room. I really can't see any of them being mad. They would have hopefully worked through those feelings by now, and just wish their friend well. I don't think we know if any of them really know why she left, unless Grissom has shared it. We certainly haven't gotten any indication of that, at least not that I am aware of.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

jtd94 your scenerio sounds right on the money:bolian: and right on target, hope your right! here's a *spoiler* site with a analysis of 'Art Imitates Life" ep. 3! scroll down and it says "A devastated Grissom calls Sara" when he hears the news about Warrick, ep.1!

http://csi.wetpaint.com/page/Other+Spoilers

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

meh, vegas was my #1 for the longest time, but IMO New York has way better acting...Gary Sinise can act circles around WP. Grissom was always my fave, but i never thought WP was that great of an actor. I have seen his other movies, i wasn't that impressed. He is pretty good in CSI, but that is about it.

I couldn't care less if Grissom is in it anymore, i used to primarily watch Vegas for him, but his character resembles somthing from a romance novel than a scientist. I don't expect much from these writers anymore...they will probably have him and sara go off on a magical vacation when he leaves. Oh goody, look forward to that!

4. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

It may be an ensemble (and William Petersen is the one who actually wants it to work that way. And giving Gary Dourdan the lead in the episode directed by his mentor is a great example of how he works) - CSI does have a leading man and leading lady, whether people with their faves like it or not.

And of course it's only natural people want their favourite characters to be more than what their roles in the show may actually dictate, it's only natural.

But CSI isn't a competition as to who can 'play the hero' most times, or who should 'play the hero'.

And lol at thinking William Petersen isn't a good actor :D Damn I didn't update my ignore feature when the forum changed ;)

I like Gary Sinise, but he's wooden as anything in CSI NY. Anyway, why is Gary Sinise now in this thread!

Vegas wins hands down with the whole cast as actors in comparison to the others (not hard v's Miami I know).

Anyway, as always, this thread is going off track again, apologies for contributing for the off-trackidness :lol:

Errrrr spoilers, give me spoilers!

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i didn't say he was a bad actor...i just don't think he is anything spectacular. His character is what makes him famous. GS acting is very subtle on NY, cause that is Mac's character, he acts mostly with his eyes. I am basing on other works outside of CSI...GS has an oscar nom, and has pretty much every major acting award. I just brought him up cause someone was mentioning the spin offs has crappy acting. I am not trying to insult, just being objective.

anyhoo...i don't have high hopes for the new season, the spoilers make it sound more and more like a bad fanfiction. At least they won't give sara back her job, that is realistic, but why on earth would Grissom try to get it back for her?? Gah, did he forget all his lecters on the importance of morals, or did the writers take that part out when they changed his character to fit the romance mold?

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I still find it incredible that "Gum Drops" wasn't written originally for Nick. That's insane. The final product was one of the finest episodes ever, and to think tptb wrote it for Grissom...sheesh.

They definitely need to have someone address Sara's sudden departure with her! For crying out loud, let's have SOME continuity at SOME point on this show.

As far as how long the Warrick storyline will take, I could see it taking the better part of the season, kind of like the miniature killer storyline. But from George Eads' description of some of his scenes in the 2nd or 3rd episode, it certainly sounds like they're having to go along "business as usual" with other cases.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Boy we need spoilers bad..

I never said Billy was a bad actor, he's a good actor. I do think CSI is the best work he's ever done.

I was just objecting to the comment about Billy needing more screentime. Gees, he's the lead of the show-what more do we want. I just want to see someone like Nick or Greg (or both) find out that the killer is the under sheriff and then eventually they all catch him as a team.

Billy's taking time off because he's had SOOOO much screentime that he's pooped and wants to refresh himself with a play.

Oh god, we need spoilers like no tommorow.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's kind of how it sounded at the time, but I think after that he met up with someone who asked how his mom was doing and he said she was okay or something. Maybe she's in a nursing home and has Alzheimer's or something and so there isn't really much need for the rosary beads cause she isn't all there, so... I mean, my granny didn't use her bible (she wasn't Catholic) anymore when she got really bad with the Alzheimer's. She didn't even know who she was or where she was for the most part of the illness.

I'd like to see Nick and Greg working together and finding a key piece of evidence to Warrick's murder case and then them taking that evidence to Grissom and/or Catherine. That way we'll get everyone equally. I want them to all solve the case as a team, not one of them individually.

I mean, I liked seeing all of them sitting around the table talking about Gedda's murder and throwing their opinions, theories, etc in the ring. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing that regarding Warrick's murder. But, even though in the Gedda ep, they all talked about it, who was the one who ultimately figured it out? Grissom, right? Not the whole team... just Grissom. I want to see the whole team solve it together this time. I mean, on Scooby Doo, each character had a part in revealing the bad guy... it was a team effort. Never was it just one who took the lead. That's what I want to see here... the team effort.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

How many times are you going to repost this?

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It was a request from a fan, if you don't mind:wtf:, carrying on, I do think that Grissom's mom has passed, it was never really clarified, but that would be an interesting ep. and I wonder who would play his mom? any idea's? and I wholeheartdly agree with you GameFace on WP, he's one of the greatest actors on the planet, and his look's, stunning, un-matched!

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, if they haven't clarified if she's dead or not, maybe they could say she had passed and he had to leave to do funeral arrangements or something. Or maybe if she's been dead a while there's a problem concerning her assets and he has to leave to take care of that.

12. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

I KNEW IT, :scream:. jesus christ cbs, g/e can't even be one after another in the credits. And not only that, Eric has been on the show since the pilot and this pushing him to the back crap is getting ridiculous! I hate this new girl already, so so much.

13. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

er...isn't the order alphabetical after Billy and Marg? Eric's last name starts with an 'S', so it makes sense that he would be in the back.

14. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Actually no, it's not in alphabetical order. If that were the case, then Robert David Hall, David Berman and Paul Guilfoyle would be listed up there before Eric. It's just another case of putting the pretty young woman up ahead of Eric and the rest of the cast to replace Jorja's character. Others may find it appealing, but I along with other Eric fans feel insulted that he's not considered important enough (even after all these years of proving himself) to get billing ahead of the new girl.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Folks lets remember that cast lists are subject to change in order, this doesn't mean that, that will be the exact order when the first episode of the new season will air. If so it might be done to get peoples attention, then she maybe dropped down. I personally wouldn't get to excited over it. Cast lists do not necessairly reflect the credit order they go in, in the opening of the show. IMO I don't care what slot they are in, I am just happy they are in there. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.