Never To Late

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Hrockz, Jun 7, 2008.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Come on,fix it already!

2. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

OH come on! Sort it out! PLEASE!

"The thrill is in the chase. Never in the capture."

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Ok, ok :lol: hold your horses, I'm fixing it.

The airport was filled with people of all sorts of expressions. Some saying tearful goodbyes, others happy to see loved ones. Yet others looking elated to be arriving or leaving on vacation.

Horatio was none of those. He had told Yelina the night before that he would send them off at the airport. He was filled with turmoil. He didn't want to upset her, but he didn't want her to leave either. He had one last chance to convince her that she was making a terrible mistake. While he had understood the logic of her not wanting to go into a relationship with him, he refused to believe that things would turn out as badly as she had predicted.

Horatio spotted Yelina and Ray Jr. He slipped off his sunglasses. Charlie was standing next to her, holding on to Yelina's hand. He made his way past the people milling around.

"You made it." Yelina smiled.

Horatio smiled back.

"Uncle Horatio!" Ray Jr grinned. Horatio lifted the boy up onto his shoulders. The boy hugged his uncle tightly.

"I'll miss you too buddy." He placed Ray back onto the ground. "Listen to Mom ok?"

"I will."

"Good man." He ruffled Ray's hair.

He turned to Yelina. She looked gorgeous. She walked slowly towards him and threw her arms round his neck in a hug. Horatio wrapped his arms round her waist. He inhaled, trying to memorise every detail of her body, her scent.

"I'll miss you." He whispered.

He felt her nod. Her face was burried in his shoulder.

"You take care of yourself ok?" Horatio said as she broke the hug.

"I'll do that." Yelina straightened his shirt collar. "You take care too."

Horatio nodded, fighting to hold back tears. They locked eyes, speaking to each other wordlessly. He knew she would miss him too.

"You uh... call me when you get there." Horatio said, slipping on his sunglasses again.

"Ok." Yelina replied softly.

"We have to go." Charlie took Yelina's hand and tugged gently.

"You take good care of them." Horatio nodded to Charlie.

"Don't worry, I will."

Horatio watched as they entered the departure hall, leaving his life, to start a new life with someone else.

He realized he couldn't carry on without Ray and Yelina, especially Yelina. He had to do something. It wasn't too late, he could still fix this.

---------------------------------------------

Horatio's cellphone rang. He picked up.

"Hi," Yelina's voice was across the line. "Just wanted you to know we got here safely, a couple of hours ago."

"I know."

"We're fine, don't worry."

"But I'm not."

There was silence. Horatio continued. "Look out your window."

"What?" Yelina sounded like she didn't understand.

"Look out your window."

Yelina made her way to the window of Charlie's apartment. She pulled back the curtains. To her surprise, Horatio was standing on the street below. He held up a hand in greeting. It was dark, almost midnight, but she wasn't hallucinating. It was Horatio.

"What are you doing?!"

Was she angry? Horatio couldn't tell.

"It took me about a minute to realize I don't want a life without you.... and Ray Jr."

Yelina disappeared from the window but she didn't hang up. Horatio continued to talk.

"Listen to me. You want this as badly as I do. I see it in your eyes. I know what you said, but forget about Ray for a minute, forget about me even. You deserve a shot at being happy, and I know.... I can be the one.... the one to bring you all that happiness. We're not gonna mess up. I'm not gonna let that happen. I will do.... all I can to make this work, no matter what it takes."

Horatio looked up and found Yelina standing on the street several feet from him. He snapped his cellphone shut. They could talk face-to-face now. She did the same. She stood riveted to the spot as Horatio closed the distance between them.

"You're making a big mistake. Charlie isn't the one for you. I had to come here to tell you. I... "

Yelina silenced him with a kiss to the lips, taking him completely by surprise. It took seconds for Horatio's brain to comprehend what was happening. And when it did, his body took over. He wrapped his arms round her pulling her tightly to him. He kissed her back, hard. His tongue met hers. It felt like sparks were flying between them. At that moment, time stood still. Nothing mattered, only them.

When they finally broke the kiss, both were breathing hard. Both wore an expression of surprise, as if neither could believe how good that kiss they shared tasted.

"Pinch me. Tell me.... this is not a dream." Horatio managed.

Yelina laughed a laugh he had not heard from her in a long time. She looked relieved.

"You're not dreaming." She rested a hand on his chest.

He was still holding on to her hips, as if afraid that if he let go she would leave again.

"And I had this whole speech prepared in my head.... " he cocked his head and smiled his schoolboy grin.

"Your actions spoke louder than words although... what you said over the phone while I was coming down to meet you helped."

"Come home with me." Horatio asked. He didn't care if she had been, still was with Charlie. He felt confident she would say yes.

"Home to Miami." He emphasized.

Yelina smiled and they locked eyes again. "You have big promises to keep."

"I intend," he paused for effect, "to keep every one."

"I'm holding you to it."

"So you're coming home?" He was hopeful.

"Yes." Yelina laughed again. "We're coming home. Ray and me."

Horatio smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too." She returned the smile.

They sealed their promise with another deep kiss.

-------------------- THE END ------------------

;) See happy ending after all! I hope you guys all enjoyed it!

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

yay *grins*

5. RedHot

RedHot Witness

Hey I really miss a Yelina/Horatio story, and for that my friend, only YOU! Thanks for this wonderful story.

6. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Finally had time to catch on some good H/Y fics in here. Hrockz, loved this one. :D Can't wait to read another one from you! ;)

7. HoratioandYelina

HoratioandYelina Rookie

Awesome story Hrockz!!:thumbsup:

It's been so long since I've been on here, but your still my favorite H/Y story writer!! :D