Rambo: I Appreciate The Fans' Support

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 18, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

One writer draws on his own experiences.<p><I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> writer <font color=yellow>David Rambo</font> recently spoke to the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.forum.clickgratis.com.br/metamorfose/portal.php">Brazilian GSR message board</a> (a board for fans of the relationship between Gil Grissom [<font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>] and Sara Sidle [<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>]). "I consider myself an incredibly lucky man," he said, "happy at home and fulfilled by challenging work." The playwright and screenwriter said that writing is what he always wanted to do. "Before writing, I had been an actor, a musician, a singer, an office assistant and a salesman," he explained. "All of that experience informs my writing today."<p>"We generally discuss the story for about a week, sometimes two weeks. Then the writer has a week to craft the screenplay. That's followed by about another week of rewriting before the episode is filmed," Rambo said, explaining the process of creating an episode of the forensic drama. He went on to say, "Anything can be an inspiration for an episode of <I>CSI</I>. Sometimes we draw from crimes that we have read about or seen on TV. Most of the time, however, one of us will say, 'What if...?' and we all start contributing ideas."<p>"The fans discovered <I>CSI</I> and made it a hit when all the industry experts said the show wouldn't last," Rambo said. "I'm so grateful to them. While it's impossible to answer every email and letter I receive, I do try to let the fans know that I appreciate their support of the show." He gave members of the GSR board a hint about the upcoming season: "Don't miss the Season 9 premiere. Sara Sidle is there, and Grissom's glad to see her."<p>The original transcript of the interview can be found on <A class="link" HREF="http://csibrazil.livejournal.com/6688.html">LiveJournal</a>.<center></center>

2. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I love David Rambo. I think he is an excellent writer. Ilook forward to the season 9 premiere. Especially because Sara Sidle will be in it. I hope she doesn't leave again because I don't think I could take her leaving again.

David Rambo is AWESOME!!!

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I couldn't have said it better, he rocks, what a great wonderful charming man, & an incredible writer! and so far it look's like Sara is not only in the premiere, but at least 3 or more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rambo

4. sidlewannabee

Thank you desertwind! That is so cool that she is going to be in more than one episode. David Rambo is really good. I don't care what other people say about him. He is still my favorite writer.

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Hey Rambo!

-your storyline (GSR) is terrible! And CSI fans =/= GSR fans, you fail.

-GSR fans are only sucking up to you, so you would favour their storyline...hook, line and sinker. You fail again.

Cheers!

6. sidlewannabee

Whatever, I like all of the writers but David Rambo is my favorite. I love his story lines even when they don't include Grissom or Sara.

Besides if you haven't noticed GSR doesn't take up that much time in CSI so I don't know what your problem is???????????

7. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

For me, Rambo is The best CSI writer and he is a such nice person!!!
    i admire himmm so much!!!
    I can't wait for see our Sara again!!!!!! awwwwwww
    i will cry so muchhhhhhh, too much emotion!!!!!!
    and GSR is not Rambo's storyline, i know he have the power ;), but in CSI everything is a group's ideia (ALL of the CSI writers.. and sure, Billy and Jorja too:drool:.. think that "since i met you", "honey", hold hand in bloodline etc..was Billy's ideia, makes me so happy!!)
    i hope we have a Rambo's episode soonnnnn! i can't wait for season 9!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  8. sidlewannabee

Exactly my point ILoveBilly!!

All of the writers agreed on the GSR Storyline. Not to mention Billy and Jorja wanted it too. They have such good chemistry together.

David Rambo's episodes are always interesting.

9. Desertwind

And don't forget Carol Mendolsohn and Sarah Goldfinger and Naren Shankar, they're big on the GSR story lines too! but he's the best, may he contunue to do the great story lines most fans love!

10. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

haaaaaa Allen Macdonald too, i loveddddd what he wrote for Sara!! He said love write for her!!! "The Unusual Suspects" and "Empty Eyes" awwww were really great episodes!!!!
    i Agree Desertwind! Rambo is the best of the best!!!

11. Desertwind

I didn't forget him, he rocks too, go read what he says about GSR, this is from our "news" TPTB wanted, this Billy wanted this, Jorja wanted this, the fans wanted this, and -wa-la it's happening:bolian:

http://www.csifiles.com/interviews/allen_macdonald.shtml

12. sidlewannabee

I love our CSI writers. You guys are definately right. David Rambo is the best. I liked what Allen Macdonald said. Most of the fans love those episodes even if they don't like GSR.