You know you're growing up when...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Seren_y_Gogledd, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

When you spend time with a younger person and you find yourself yelling at him because he is trying to accidentally/purposely destroy a neighbors flower bed with a basketball.

Austin

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

you actually have to think more... (i'm so lazy) and when something goes wrong you can't blame your parents for not organising it for you (gutted)

3. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

You know you're growing up when cartoons lose their appeal and money starts to look very tantalizing. Oh and also when you can just run down to 7-eleven at 2am in the morning to buy some chocolates without getting your head blown off by Mum. :D :D

4. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

When junk or fast food no longer appeals to you b/c you know you have to eat right to take care of your body and stay healthy.

When you see a pair of shoes you like, tries them on, then tell yourself "you like them, but you don't need them" *a big sigh* takes them off and walk out the store b/c you know to save money for more important things like say ... paying back your school loans. :(

5. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Owning, and using, one of those trolley tokens rather than panicking when you realise you don't have a pound coin to hand...

(Might have mentioned this one before, brain cramp) Telling your parents off for swearing in front of kids.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  6. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

When you've just passed your final examinations after 3 years of training. Never thought it would ever be over. I'll miss it, it was a great time!
    When suddenly babies aren't noisy and smelly anymore, but actually quite cute. (I used to dislike babies and the fuss people raise about them. Now I'm 22 and even though I'm only just having the 2nd relationship in my life and I'm not planning to get married or have children, it still scares me how much I suddenly like them ;))

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

When somebody thinks you're on your honeymoon and asks where is your husband? I mean seriously... how old do I look? I'm 20, and just to add, he isn't even my boyfriend, never mind husband... I was just like come on, really, married, me? at 20!!
    Hmph..

8. CCA

CCA Police Officer

When your 23 and a 19 year old doesn't know who She-Ra is :wtf:

9. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

^Uh.. I'm 22 and I don't know who She-Ra is :lol:

...when you stop watching tv when there's nothing on and read a book, instead of watching mtv or some other mindless program.

...when you smoke half a pack in 2 hours just to relieve some stress before an exam :rolleyes:

... your professor is actually impressed by your theories about linguistics and had to think about them :lol:

10. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

well I used to like this clothing store called Aeropostale... last year when we went to the beach I actually didn't buy anything and when my husband asked why, I finally realized I grew out of that place! It still has cute stuff, I'm just too old for it I guess.