The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. inge

inge CSI Level Two

:lol:
    People here really think that we can beat Germany.
    Germany will be so motivated, I hope that we can at least score once and Germany won't score more than three goals.
    We need also help from Croatia, they should beat Poland.

but Austria has nothing to loose compared to Germany.
    I look forward to Monday.

aw, thanks Lucy!

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Sweden 1 - Spain 2 (Torres and Villa). :)
    Russia defeated Greece, so we're first of the group and avoid Holland next round.
    Greece joins Switzerland out of the Eurocup.

3. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Well, why not?! I mean, Germany has to go straight forward because their plans are not working out as they planned. Same thing happened with England in the qualifying round. They thought they will win easily on their field and they started with a theme "all or nothing", which led to nothing, since they left space for counter attacks.

I predict same will happen with Germany and Austria needs to keep ground, be behind the ball and wait for a chance to attack. Go Austria!!!! :D

As for Croatia, the Coach plans to rest a few key players (which got a yellow card), so we'll play with 5 players short. Of course, that doesn't mean the reserves won't play to prove themselves. :D

And as for today, I'll cheer for the Chech republic!

4. alienor

alienor Police Officer

Yes it was very thrilling. I love a match with a lot of action and goals. Of course I would have preferred that all the goals were scored by France :D

And you really let us only a very short moment of joy after France scored !

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

At Holland-France game... I think everyone had pretty much confused "wtf?" feeling about Robben's goal :lol: I know we did, they were still showing replays and..was it with 4 passes the ball hit the net again? :lol:
    Anyways,it was a kickass game.

I was sooo glad Spain beat Sweden :p And Russia beat Greece - even tho my bet screwed again because I had guesses Russia wins 2-0 :p

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh my god. Czech Republic vs Turkey was absolutely nerve-wracking! i can't believe what happened in the last 15 minutes. oh my. the goal keeper got thrown out, 2 goals for Turkey in the last 3 minutes giving them the win and a pass to the quarter final. in addition a crapload of yellow cards for everybody even Baros who was on a bench! wow, just wow. i've never seen anything like that before.

on the other hand Cech made a horrible mistake when the ball slipped out of his grasp. it's probably his fault they lost that goal.

7. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

From what I heard it was about 30 seconds after Henry scored. :lol: :thumbsup:

Henry was all happy scored and then Arjen scored. :lol: You saw on the screen Henry falling on his knees and putting his head down when Arjen scored. :lol:

I can watch Arjen's goal like forever cause it was just so amazing and it reminded me of the van Basten goal in 1988.

Robben and van Persie are a magical team together. :D :thumbsup:

8. Ducky

Whaat.. you never watched that Holland-Portugal game in last WC? :lol: I guess there was some 13 yellows and 3 red ones :lol:

I stopped watching around 78th minute, I was just too tired but was really happy, when Turkey had won!

9. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Gosh, I never thought I'd actually post in this thread, cause, well: I'm NOT a real soccer fan, but I watched the last two games when Holland played and yaaayyyy!!! I absolutely loved what I saw, the Dutch team rocks! I was so happy (more gloating than happy :p) when they played Italy into the ground (no offense against Italian people, but the Italian soccer team is too arrogant for my matter of taste...). And then the same with France! lol I never cheered that much (and loud) watching a soccer game, go Holland!
    Oh yeah, there's still a German team in the game. Hm, I don't know, the first game was also fun to watch, but in the second they seemed bored and not motivated enough. If that's their attitude I really don't care if they will get kicked out today from Austria. Further more it'd be awesome for such a small team like Austria to win against the Germans, so I don't know yet which team I'll root for today :D Just may the best team win!

10. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Yesterdays game was apsolutely nerve recking. :D Even before the game have started everyone was saying how Turkey will play with a lot of enthusiasm and how that is their biggest quality; they simply don't give up. And that was shown yesterday.

Since we're playing with them in the quarter finals I hope that they gave too much on the field yesterday and they will be worn out. :D

Today we're playing against Polland but since 8 players will rest today, we'll be basically playing with the reserves...I wonder how that will turn out. Portugal lost 2:0, I wonder if we can "beat" that... :D

11. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Or it was 14 yellows and 4 red ones. :lol: Who care in the end all of us lose the count. Heheh it was so brutal and funny at the same time game. No chance to forgot it. In my mind still stay fresh one great moment. Deco and Van Bronckhorst sit on the bench after they had red cards, talking and laughing. :lol:

[​IMG]

12. inge

inge CSI Level Two

The dream is over! :(
    we lost 1:0

positiv: only one goal, we had some scoring chances too, Germany was not so dominant as I thought.
    It was predictable, but I'm still sad.

wow, both coaches have been banished from the coaching zone. :eek:

Austria is not the last in group B, we shot one goal, we won one point, no debacle. Austria had soo much bad luck, especially in the first two games.
    It was the youngest team and I think it will play a fantastic world cup qualification. :):p
    You should keep some of the boys in your mind: Martin Harnik, Sebastian Prödl (the guys in my icon), Ümit Korkmaz, György Garics. ;)

I'm proud of my boys!

13. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

And you can be! And that's not ironical at all. You had some great chances, and we missed some that were even better *lol* Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed by our team. I mean, today was okay, but - no offense - just "okay" isn't good enough when it's against a team like Austria. "Okay" will definitely not be enough to beat Portugal! There are still loads of weak points in our team, e.g. you have Gomez who gets so many chances and doesn't score; or the way passes aren't completed, etc. I was quite impressed by Philipp Lahm, he played a great match. Ballack was much better, too, especially because of his goal of course. Our goalkeeper seemed more self-confident and more secure, he wasn't that good during the last 2 matches.
    So at least I can keep the German black-red-gold decoration on the car, but somehow (don't call me a pessimist! I'm a realist!) I'm afraid Portugal will be to strong for us.
    But now I'm really excited about tomorrow's matches, if Italy really won't make it into the quarter finals. Although I don't like the Italian team, it would be a pity, especially if both Italy and France (World Champion and Vice W C) were out. That's gonna be an interesting day!

14. Misery

Misery Pathologist

My reserves did quate well, I have to say. They looked like a real team and the didn't show like they were just put together for the first time. Especially I have to emphasize Klasnic - probably the first player in Euro who scored after a kidney transplant, or better to say, the first player who has 3 kidneys!

As for the game Austria-Germany, I didn't get to see it, but I'll watch it in the re-runs. Reading your comments I really wonder how the game Germany-Portugal will turn out. Somehow I think that Germany will pull out ther strengh and show some real charisma.

Tomorrow...Although they don't quite deserve, I really want Italy to pass into the quarter finals. IMO, they showed more than France. However, Romania is also a terrific team. I won't even comment on the Netherlands... :D Brilliand game from them gives them the right to count on the finals.

15. Ducky

Something like that :lol:

Oh how pretty Ballack's goal was yesterday! And I felt bad for Austria, they played well.

Referee didn't take much crap from coaches, I laughed when he threw them out :p

Ohohoh, tonight plays Holland! Yay!