Ooops, What a mistake!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Feb 23, 2008.

1. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

2. kinehelene

kinehelene Hit and Run

I was just watchin Oedipus Hex season 3.
    and i notise this.

when danny is talking to the SuicideGirls for the first time.
    he takes the thingy and test it for blood.

Well it did test positiv. but u cant see the blood on it..
    [​IMG]

But when Hawkes tested it in the lab. then u can see the blood.
    it just came out of thin air..
    [​IMG]

3. CSI_Willows

CSI_Willows CSI Level Two

This is a great thread, it's funny to spot the mistakes in the episodes :lol:

Thanks for sharing everyone :)

4. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

This isn't really a mistake, but it is something amusing I noticed in Danny's apartment. He apparently enjoyed the music of "Killa Kitty" from Season Two's "All Access" because he has her poster hanging up on the wall in his kitchen.

I have no screen caps -- the technology is far beyond my meager skills.

For some reason this amuses me. :D

5. Caprian

Caprian Hit and Run

I don't know wether it is a mistake or not (if it was mentioned before I'm sorry) but now I'm re-watching S1 and I just finished the 12th episode (Recycling) and I realized that in this ep when Danny and Stella go to a bar to talk to a suspect, the suspect is sitting at a desk with a little boy. And this boy is... RUBEN SANDOVAL from Child's play!!! :eek: I mean the actor who played Ruben.
    I was so surprised when I saw him. :) I don't know wether he was in Ruben's character or not (I don't think so) but he was cute. :)

6. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I don't think that is really a mistake, being as shows reuse actors that only had very small parts alot, I mean NY also reused the actor who plays Dan or Dean Truby, he was in S1 in the episode "Rain" and then came back, so that is not uncommon at all. but I noticed that to and found it to be very funny!!

7. Claire Conrad

Claire Conrad Witness

I found one.. while watching Run Silent, Run Deep, Danny is at his brother's bedside in the hospital, and I think I notice that in one scene, the tube in Louie's mouth is over his mouth, stuck down his throat no doubt, and you can tell and all... after seeing Danny once, and then going back to a screen shot of Louie, the tube is only leading to his mouth. It's a mistake, I just can't explain it very well...

I saw another mistake too, but... oh, while Stella and Danny are in the hotel room. When Stella is trying to bring up the words on the mirror. At one point, they are brushing onto nothing, there is no pink. And the next shot of it, there is pink, and words. A bit of a mess up, I believe...

AH!

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I got you a few pics of Louie...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DocInTheBox

DocInTheBox Dead on Arrival

Ah God, I'm glad there's a thread for this. Cuz there are two major things in Danny's backround that have ALWAYS bugged me. They're not exactly mistakes, so much as...inconsistencies, which bug me just as much.

1) Danny swears on his mother's grave twice (he uses those exact words in On The Job) but in Run Silent, Run Deep, he reveals that his mother is alive. :confused: :confused: :confused: Is this cuz he doesn't like his mother or somethin', cuz I didn't get that vibe from him. He actually seems like more a mama's boy to tell ya the truth.

2) Wiki and almost all other TV sources state that Danny is from Staten Island, like Carmine Giovinazzo himself. HOWEVER, in Tanglewood and RSRD, he says he grew up in the same neighborhood as the gang and played ball with them. But the REAL Tanglewood Boys are stationed in Yonkers, a city right outside New York. Now, I haven't seen all the episodes, but I've never actually heard Danny say he's from Staten Island. If anything, he's strongly hinted at being from The Bronx, which borders Yonkers. So, where did they get Staten Island? Maybe TPTB don't have any control over it, since TVGuide and Wiki are known for filling in their own blanks, but still. A little confirmation, or even consistency would be nice.

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

A couple of possibilities seem to crop up to answer that one. First, CBS had several mistakes on their web site for the CSI shows that did not jive with the episodes. Second, the book CSI Companion had some errors, but that was for the original series, not New York. And third, the writers for the series have problems with something called continuity. They forget from one season to the next various plot lines. Fourth, Wikipedia, IMDB, and several other sites have info submitted by the general public. Maybe a fan from Staten Island wished she lived next door to Danno, or they got the character and actor mixed up. Having gone to high school back in Yonkers in the '60's, I didn't see any gang action, but that could have been in another part of town. When I went back for a reunion about four years ago, I saw a huge CSI billboard from a local television station and wished I had a bedroom wall big enough, or at least for the Marg Helgenberger section.

11. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

From the beginning of episode 4x2 "The Deep":

Flack: Our vic's this way. Floater, showed up in the middle of the sailboat race between New York and New Jersey.
    Danny: I read about that. It's a reenactment of a race that happened back in the 1600s.
    Mac: Yeah. Legend has it the winner got possession of Staten Island.
    Flack: Is it too late to give it back ?
    Danny: Yeah, very funny Flack !

This implies that Danny is from Staten Island.

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

It does? Just because he knew about the race?

13. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

No, it's because this part:

Flack: Is it too late to give it back?
    Danny: Yeah, very funny Flack!

sounds like Flack was making a dig at Danny.

14. DocInTheBox

DocInTheBox Dead on Arrival

Thanks, stormymac! :) :) :) I haven't seen some of the earlier eps of season 4. I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD, but until then I have to rely on CBS to be consistent with their reruns.

Now I'm even more irritated with TPTB because it means that wiki didn't get its facts wrong, and Danny apparently must have pedalled his bike across New York from Staten Island to Yonkers to play with the Tanglewood Boys when he was a kid. Could it be that Danny moved around when he was a kid, or did they just alter the details about the Tanglewoods for their storyline? If so, why not just make up a fictional gang instead of using a RL one? Oy.

15. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I don't get how that is a mistake, maybe Danny is from stanten island. its not a mistake if it a character point the writers put in. I really don't think that this one would qualify as a mistake.