Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Me too, guys, me too... I think there's a list of CaRWash moments at the beginning of the thread, but you can see that the majority of those great lines originate from season 3. *sighs* If only we could go back to that happy place. Who knows, maybe it'll happen in the future.

Come to think of it, I started shipping 'cause of fanfiction! I had just started watching CSI: Miami, and the first episode I saw was-- I don't remember the name, but it's where Jake kissed Calleigh. *shudders* I first saw Ryan being bossed around by Stetler and I remember thinking why isn't he out there with the others?... well, that and the fact that I noticed he was left-handed. I have a thing for lefties-- hello, Don Flack, anyone? I was really interested in Ryan and I liked Calleigh, so I decided to take a look at fanfiction.net.

Of course, there was no CaRWash in that particular episode and TPTB were introducing Jake and Eric as possible love interests for Calleigh, but something about it rubbed me the wrong way. I ended up looking for Ryan fics and I saw pairings with Natalia and Valera, but I didn't know who they were at the time, so I started with CaRWash one-shots. Eventually, I decided to read one of Dutchie's fics and the rest is history. Wow, I've come a long way!

2. >!<[Court]>!<

>!<[Court]>!< Victim

Ah! We were on the second page again.

Honestly, I started shipping the first time I saw them in a scene together. I don't remember the episode, but I just saw a connection. And once I have a ship I like for a certain show, I never change it.

Fanfic definitely helped though, mostly just to keep me satisfied when there wasn't any CaRWash in an episode. And it also made me realize that I wasn't the only one who liked them together.

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I've been waiting for someone to bring us back from the second page... thanks Court! I'd post something earlier, but we're not allowed to double-post. Anyways, I know what you mean. Sometimes, you're the only one who supports the ship because everyone else is rooting for another ship... that's not the case here though. There are whole communities of CaRWash supporters and it's good that us CaRWashers have somewhere to go to show our love.

Ooh, by the way, I was browsing deviantart.com and I found CaRWash fanart... it's not much, but here it is...

On the clock

CaRWash wallpaper (you need to click on it to see it)

4. csi33

csi33 Civilian

Hi everybody,

I am a new carwasher and I want to bring my support to this lovely pairing.

I started shipping these two when I saw "curse of the coffin" on TV. I never really watched this tv show. In two minutes, I saw the chemistry between them and I bought season 3 and 4 DVDs and started watching CSI miami every night and day to catch each carwash scenes and moments

So, now I am here and "Go carwash".

PS: sorry for my bad english, I am french.

5. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hi csi33! Welcome to the thread... help yourself to a cosmo, virgin or alcoholic? It's nice to get new CaRWashers here, especially at this time. Oh, and before I forget, Rush is gonna be next week's episode... I've heard it's loaded with CaRWash goodness. I'm gonna watch that one... anyone else wanna join me?

6. csi33

csi33 Civilian

Thank you,

I was watching video on youtube and I found one with an episode of season 6 starting on the beach with Eric and Calleigh processing a crime scene.

Then, the camera started to film a bridge above the crime scene, and during like 5 sec' you can see Ryan spying on them.

After that he turned back and joined Natalia to find evidence on the bridge.

I think it's an important information that I have to share with you: Ryan is jealouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus :eek:!!!!!!!! and writers tried to kill us with these hints.

Sorry, but I can't find the link to share with u this vid'.

I am gonna watch ep 5x13 tonight.:)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  7. Salean

Salean Rookie

Hello everyone! I'm back! I'm really sorry for my absence, but I decided it was probably best for me to stay away from this place during my exams. However, had my last one today. I am officially free!!!!!!

Anyway.

Welcome csi33!!! Don't worry, your English is a lot better than my French, much as I love the language. Yeah, I love 'Curse of the Coffin', it's such a great episode. I just really liked how they portrayed all the relationships so well in it.

*sigh* You see, that's how long it takes to realise how awesome this ship is. Now, if only everyone else could see it that way... :p:rolleyes:

I would love to join you in the watching of Rush, Karu, but they have different schedules over here. I'm waiting with bated breath for season 6 to start showing over here, though. For some reason Miami is always behind the other CSIs.

I really apologise if I'm rambling, by the way. I finished my last exam about an hour and a half ago, so I've gone a liiittle insane.

Exactly, we may not be the biggest ship in the world, but we're definitely more of a community.

You guys are going to laugh when you hear how I got into this ship, by the way. It was actually a complete accident. I had been really into CSI LV for a while, and was looking for some Greg clips on youtube, when I came across this video of Ryan and Calleigh, only I thought Ryan was Greg. And I thought 'hey, they're a really cute couple', but it sort of went against my Sandle beliefs so I decided to try and find out who this girl was. Obviously I couldn't, but about a week or so after, I was babysitting and I ended up watching CSI Miami. And then it all made sense!

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

No worries, though your English is great. By the way, it's okay if you write a couple of sentences in French here and there... I'm Canadian, so I'm able to read and understand French.

Methinks you're right. I didn't even notice that... good eye there! I kind of like the idea of Ryan looking out for Calleigh from his vantage point... he'd be like her guardian angel :D!

9. >!<[Court]>!<

>!<[Court]>!< Victim

I love "protective" Ryan :D. I also love CSI: Miami marathons on Wednesday nights and I've noticed that when I fall asleep to CSI I have the most interesting dreams...

Season 4 reruns started a couple of nights ago, which is great, because I've only seen about three episodes from the season. And I'm already loving the CaRWashy goodness. :)

Oh and btw, hello and welcome csi33!

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Really? It's about time CaRWash dreams started coming back... this time around, I definitely have been dreaming in drabbles. So what kind of CaRWash dreams have you been having?

11. >!<[Court]>!<

>!<[Court]>!< Victim

No good CaRWash dreams recently. But I did have a dream involving Sara and Greg (from CSI of course), the power rangers, and a bowling alley a few nights ago... sometimes I think I'm going crazy.

And I hope that dreaming in drabbles results in writing drabbles :D cuz there has been a serious lack of CaRWash fics lately.

On a different note (sorta), I saw "Nailed" all the way through for the first time today. Great episode, but I really wish there would've been some CaRWash hospital scenes. :(

12. Salean

Salean Rookie

You know Court, I've never actually seen 'Nailed' all the way through... It's one of those episodes that I managed to miss and then the channels have been refusing to repeat. But I agree that we could have done with some CaRWashy hospital scenes. Alexx went to visit him, so I would imagine that Calleigh went too... but we just didn't see it... :rolleyes:

You know that actually sounds like quite a cool dream.

Yeah, I hope the dreaming in drabbles thing is leading to some CaRWashy drabbles too. We do need some more CaRWash fics.

13. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Speaking of the writers, where are they? So far it's just me, you and Court...

Anyways, about my one-shot, I'll be posting in scenes... it's not done, but I think it'll be better in small drabbles. I've already posted some of my fic in the thread already, but here's the whole final draft...

"Wolfe... yeah, just give me a minute." Ryan hung up, his face sporting a grim expression on his face. Calleigh looked at him sympathetically.

"On the clock?"

"Yeah..." His voice trailed off as he glanced down at a peacefully sleeping Leia. He thought back to what Horatio had said earlier. How exactly was she lucky to have him when he couldn't be with her when she needed him?

Calleigh watched Ryan's face soften as Leia yawned sleepily. "Here, I'll take her."

He looked up at her with surprise. "No it's alright, you don't have to..." Calleigh cut him off quickly.

"Don't play the hero this time Ryan, I'd be happy to look after her. Besides," she added with a mischievious smile as a grateful Ryan placed the now awake babbling baby in her arms, "I think I should get to know my goddaughter better."

Leia looked up at Calleigh with wondering eyes. She was obviously was pleased with the change of scenery as she gave the ballistics expert a gummy smile which was immediately returned with a sunny one. Ryan couldn't help but smile at the scene in front of him. It figured that Calleigh would be good with kids. As he watched Leia and Calleigh, her words finally sank in. He realized that she wasn't just offering to babysit. She genuinely wanted to be a part of his niece's future. He never felt more grateful to Calleigh than at that moment.

The sound of his niece giggling brought him out of his thoughts. Putting on a brave face, he leaned down and peered at Leia's face. "Be good for your aunt Calleigh, okay Moppy?"

Calleigh couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the affectionate nickname. "Moppy?"

He rubbed the back of his neck as he looked up at her, grinning sheepishly. "Well, I did curse her with my hair. At least it's more original than Wolfe Cub." He grimaced at the moniker that Eric had bestowed on the little one. Maybe Leia would do something about it. The moment when she sneezed at Delko replayed in his mind. Was there a chance for that to happen again?

He kissed Leia on the forehead and then did something he never intended to do.

He kissed Calleigh.

Not a kiss on the forehead or cheek, but right on the lips. He froze when he realized what he was doing and he pulled back slowly, looking horrified. Calleigh stared back at him, eyes wide with shock, struggling to remain calm and collected. Ryan hadn't planned on kissing her, but it just seemed natural to do so... rather like saying goodbye to his wife and daughter-- What am I thinking?! This was not the time and place for this. It seemed like his only option was to get out of there as fast as he could because as much as he enjoyed that kiss, he did not want to face the wrath of Calleigh Duquense.

"I-I should get going," he stated abruptly, taking a couple of steps back, "I'll see you two later."

Calleigh looked at him, cheeks flushed, not noticing that an observant Leia was gazing at both of them curiously. "Yeah."

Okay, she wasn't reaching for her gun. Ryan stumbled slightly as he turned and walked away, mentally smacking himself. He was pretty sure the lab would have a field day when they had hold of this incident. Not to mention that he crossed the line with a co-worker. He didn't regret it though. No, he definitely didn't. But the cool professional that Calleigh was would hardly condone his behaviour for complicating their friendship. Besides, who was to say that Calleigh felt the same way?

He let out a frustrated sigh. Today was so not his day.

Calleigh smiled softly as she watched a flustered Ryan walk away from them. Poor thing, she thought. She shifted her attention back to the bundle of blankets that protected one Leia Alexx Wolfe, who was contently cradled in her arms, touching one tiny hand with a finger. Ryan's niece was a tiny thing, barely two months old, but she already looked startlingly like him with her moppy hair and wide, curious eyes.

"You like your uncle, don't you?" Leia cooed as she grasped Calleigh's finger, causing her to chuckle softly. She took that as yes.

"I'll let you in on a secret." Somehow, she knew that the answer to her question would cause the little one to smile brightly.

"Me too."

Let's hope all that editing paid off!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  14. >!<[Court]>!<

>!<[Court]>!< Victim

Aww, that just made me extremely happy. I can't stop smiling now :D. Poor Ryan can't keep his composure around Calleigh can he? Amazing job karu_mila! I can't wait to read more.

One of my favorite CSI: Miami episodes, Rush, is on Monday and I am very excited about watching it. (I think you were talking about it earlier karu_mila...?) Anyway, there are many good CaRWashy moments in it (such as the locker room scene) and I've felt deprived of them lately.

15. Salean

Salean Rookie

Awww Karu that was so sweet. I loved the little line about Calleigh not reaching for her gun. :lol: But yeah, I can't wait to read more.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get a CaRWash fic done soon. Over the exam period I was getting really frustrated because I had all these ideas for fics to write, and I couldn't write them. So I jotted down some notes and am working my way through them now. And there is a CaRWash fic in there somewhere...

Yeah, I think we all have. Probably because we HAVE been deprived of them. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.