What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Colonel Worf, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I'm reading Grave matters (one of the CSI books) AND the Lost Chronicles AND my Practical magic novel for the fifth gassilionith time

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

I got 'The Time Traveller's Wife' over Christmas but have yet to start reading it. I've heard really good things about it though.

3. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I just finished reading "Cult Following" by Donn Cortez.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Some Guy=S.E. Hinton. I LOVED that book! Christ, it's been probably twenty years since I read it, but I thought it was great.

Recently finished Patrick Lestewka's THE PRESERVE. Excellent read. The only reason I'd take ANY points off was for technical errors --a B-52 doesn't have six engines--that was the B-47; the '52 has eight--the military doens't refer to it as .223, but rather 5.56mm... things like that.

5. drkate

drkate Corpse

i'm about half way through reading patricia cornwell's 'body of evidence', her second novel in the 'kay scarpetta' series. it's really good so far.

6. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

S.E. Hinton is actually a woman. :) But I agree with you both, 'The Outsiders' is a wonderful book, probably my all time favorite book, ever. I also love the movie too, but not as much as the book.

As for what I'm reading now, I'm about 6 chapters into 'CSI: Miami-Cult Following' by Donn Cortez. :D

7. CSIri

CSIri Captain

I'm reading Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, but only cause we have to! :-|

8. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

I'm reading Last Refuge by Elizabeth Ann Scarborough...about a girl from Shambala going out to save the ghosts and survivors of the world when the world came to an end. Nice fantasy book with all sorts of unimaginable things.

I'm also reading Buckminster Fuller's Universe - His Life and Work by Lloyd Steven Sieden. You guys should get to know who Bucky Fuller is if you haven't. Powerful visionary!

At the same time...I'm also reading Secrets of Graphology and Elementary I-Ching...

9. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Just finished 'Cold Burn' last night, now I'm continuing to read 'Eragon' and 'The Crucibal'.

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

i finished "digital fortress" (other title:diabolus) from dan brown. i read that this is not a good book, but i liked it. at the moment i'm obsessed with his books.

11. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

i love dan brown, but i read them, like, 2 years ago :lol:

i just finished "A Death In Vienna" its amazingly good, it you like the holocoust history and nazi stuff. but its amazing and good. once you get thru the first 28 pages you're addicted

12. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Hey inge can you tell me if Angels & Demons is good?

13. inge

inge CSI Level Two

hi zippy!
    i think that "angels and demons" is a good book. the story takes place in rome and i love this city bevor (but i haven't seen it so far) and this book describes it so good.
    one thing was creepy. the pope died in this book and i read this book while the real pope (johannes paul II) died. so that was a little bit scary.
    but it's a great book. typical dan brown style.

14. lane

lane Police Officer

Currently reading 'CSI:NY Dead of Winter'. Not too bad really. Although I'm supposed to be reading some literature in school...and the school textbooks....grr.

15. rgrissom

rgrissom Dead on Arrival

I'm the same way, have to read a few things at once!

I'm currently Reading:

-Quantum Chemistry and Spectroscopy-- Engel
    -Ronald Reagan, An American Life (Autobiography)
    -Gemini! --Virgil Grissom
    -Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
    -Pediatric Advanced Life Support (have a PALS class next week)
    -Time Travel in Einstein's Universe- J. Richard Gott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.