The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Hey this sounds great does anyone have the link?
    Personally i'm going with Spain because well to be honest half my team (Liverpool) are spanish and I don't like cristiano Ronaldo so no Portugal for me any one else is fine!

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh, I'd quite like Spain to win ( I love Torres ;) ). I really don't want Portugal because at the moment Ronaldo is just annoying me.

Yeh that does sound quite good :)

Holland are are good choice too though, you have a chance:thumbsup:

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Support Poland. It's really hard to believe that is our first European Championship:eek: But luckily national team get a good coach from Holland;) I just can't wait for the first match with Germany... Temperature there will be really high:devil:

Other team which I'll support is... Holland (you see how original I'm;))

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

uefa.com - And it's available in all languages, because our broadcasting company has link to it from their website :D
    I should pay attention but yes, picked a team and used all money (didn't pick Christiano Ronaldo :p) but damn, I did pick one Swede :eek: (Ljungberg)

5. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

Today is the day people that Euro 2008 starts and there is about 3 channels probably 4 that is broadcasting Euro 2008 on TV. :lol:

I can't wait for Monday when the stadium usually looks like one big orange. :guffaw: Portugal is playing tonight and I already feel sorry for everyone around me cause I turn evil when they are playing. :lol: ;)

6. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Haha, I'm just watcing the Switzerland v Czech Republic game. Not a lot going on at half time, I'm interested to see how good Portugal will start off.

7. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I'm going with the Dutch side this year. I always support them if they stay in the tournament longer the English but that hasn't happened since Frace 98 when they got to Semis and we got knocked out in the Last 16.

It'll be nice to support them from Day 1 for a change without chewing my nails to the bone worrying about England.

Going for a Turk win tonight. Never thought I'd utter those words but they are the lesser of two evils for sure haha

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i can't believe my two faves won today. Czech Republic didn't really do anything special but i say they played better than Switzerland. As to Portugal, they absolutely deserved the win. Turkey didn't show much, really. they had, what, 1 goal-seeking shot?

i totally agree with Deirdre about supporting Poland tommorow. they are the ultimate underdog against Germany, but football is quite unpredictable when it comes to big matches. i don't have huge hopes, though. this coming from a Pole :p

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Hard to have huge hopes because Poland never won with Germany... We'll see tommorow what'll happen... But I believe that this match will be really good:bolian:

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

I support Austria, Holland and maybe Spain. :)

Tomorrow is our first game. I'm very nervous about it. I'm sure they'll give their best effort and I hope it is enough.
    I speculate with a tie. :p
    yes, it's crazy, but the atmosphere in Austria is so infectious. :lol:

11. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Any French people around here waiting for the big game tonight?
    ETA: I pushed the wrong thing again and it posted before I finished.

Anyways, I am so excited about the game tonight, although I reckon that we need a miracle to beat France tonight, but it will be interesting to watch nevertheless :) Now, from France, Italy and Holland, I think that we can only kick some Netherlands' ass :D In rest, we will be lucky if we finish a game around the score of 2-0.

ETA2: 0-0 That was a boring game, but a good result for us :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I'm not French, but I'm looking forward to see what kind of form the French are in, if they're on top they'll go far I reckon.

13. inge

inge CSI Level Two

aw, Austria lost yesterday. My team hadso much bad luck. :(
    It was somehow predictable that Austria would lost, but they fought and they had more than one chance to score.
    I'm sad, but also proud! :)

Netherlands - Italy
    The best game so far. :thumbsup:
    Go Holland.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Yep I agree....I watched France earlier and I think that Romania out played them even though they drew.

But Holland's second goal was definatly the best right from the word go through the set up and until it hit the net was excellent :D.

Ooo That third was just good :D

15. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Hup Holland! :D
    As we're not playing, I'll be supporting our orange neighbours this year :p

Holland-Italy: The first goal was clearly offside. Shouldn't have counted.
    But the second goal was a beauty ;)

Yay third goal! :D