Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Hey Radical618!

Be prepared for a VERY bumpy road but hopefully everything shall be cool again! But it is good to have you back! :beer: Plus it has been really quiet in this thread which is not good for a bored person :lol:

2. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I heard it get's bumpy, but I can take it. It seems all of my ships have hit that road this season. Grrr. Glad to be welcomed back though, hopefully as I see more, I'll be able to give much more input.

3. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Not sure if I remember you or not but welcome back anyways Radical :lol:

It stinks that after your 6 months away from the show, you have to come back to the disaster that is what TPTB did to our ship. But dont worry, we all have high hopes for a great recovery!

Anyways, I watched SoOH the other day. *tear tear* I love those scenes.
    Hopefully we'll see some "SoOH like" scenes next season. Please TPTB!!

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, I watched it, too! *sigh* The good old times. Wasn't this an amazing epi? Danny seeing Lindsay although she wasn't there. Danny flying to Montana for Lindsay. Lindsay being strong. Danny and Lindsay holding hands, hugging and almost kissing......... Aww! I remember how much I squeed when I watched it for the very first time. I love this epi!

And I watched NWILL again......... The hug.........did you ever see a hug that was more wonderful than this?

Those two episodes, and SD, they're the best for me. I just love them. I want Danny to be like this again. And I want Danny and Lindsay to kiss again. That's all I wish for.........

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Is it just me, or did TPTB kinda push the two of the together a little too soon and maybe that's why they don't quite know what to do with them now? I think it would have been more effective if we'd gotten a little more of the flirting, the hand holding, the hugs and almost kisses than the way they had them sleep together... a bet? :wtf: Hopefully they'll get the two of them back on track soon though.

6. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I can see how they were pushed together too quickly. Perhaps that's the reason TPTB are making these two go through some difficult times, to see if they are going to stand true to each other. I can't wait for angst... I'm sort of an angst queen, but I do like a bit of fluff too.

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Oh Rad- I remember you :D Remember those very messtastic food fights we had with Liffy, Dutch, Stuffy etc...I still see you have your Gutterville location- We havent had chance for a good party in that neighbourhood for a while :D

I like Fluff but I adore angst between our couple. I just think you can learn a lot more from those scenes ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*tackles Rad and drops a big bucket of chocolate chip ice cream on her head :p before giving her a giant welcome back hug*

"some difficult times", :wtf: that's quite an understatement I think. First they put Lindsay through hell, almost destroying whatever there was between them, and just when things were settled at the Montana front they decide that Danny hadn't been through enough in the last years and they make him suffer again AND this was apparently the final drop, because he totally flips after that :scream:

I love my angst too, but sometimes enough really is enough :) ...they finally deserve some happiness TOGETHER and I really hope that phonecall was the first sign that they are both willing to look to the future....I'm with Brinchen, I'm really looking forward to their next kiss...:cool:

ETA
    Natty, love your current location ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  9. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Glad to see I made an impact and I'm being remembered. Are any of those guys from previous threads still lingereing around here? I can't tell really. I'm not sure if I'm ready for all this DL drama so quick. Oh well, I'll suck it up and take it, eventually, they'll come to their peace.

10. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

I don't think that they pushed them together too soon as things developed between Danny and Lindsay over two seasons with little moments here and there so we could see them growing closer. I think they rushed them to the bump stage of their relationship though.

But I agree that the bet was not a great indication of things to come as it could be seen as drunken sex. Maybe because they had been dancing around one another for a while, they wanted to move things on without any drama :rolleyes: I liked seeing them joking around, playing pool and enjoying each others company. And shirtless Danny is always a treat :drool:

Overall, I think they handled our ship well in Seasons 2 and 3 but there was too much amibiguity in season 4 for my liking. Liffy made a good point about it making our ship more realistic because real life can be crappy. But it is definitely time for some fluff, or at least be angst free .

And welcome back Rad :thumbsup:

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Bella i am with you with the feeling that the "bump" was rushed. i had that rushed feeling all season but just couldn't pin down what it was until now.

D/L just feels kinda rushed now with everything that happened this season. the whole ship feels like it went from cute bantering and flirting to sex on the pool table to falling out in no time.... from one extreme to the next.

last season i was looking forward to the D/L bantering but having that something more b/t them like one of them leaving something at the other's apartment and getting teased about it or whatever happened the night before... something cliched like that but totally squee worthy.

i honestly could have handled a D/L bump if it had been written better and the epsiodes as a whole were better. the episodes and the story were terrible and rushed. the only thing close to being like it was back in Seasons 2 and 3 was "Commutted Sentences" episodes like that are why i love CSI:NY and Danny and Lindsay soo much. CS-type episodes is what TPTB need to get back to to get to where they were before disasterous season 4.

12. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I felt like S3 was something like this:

major DL moment - 3-5 eps of nothing - major DL moment - 3-5 eps of nothing - major DL moment - ...

you get what I mean? instead of the cute things here and there like in S2 it was big things and it felt like after each they got afraid it was too much and they just tuned it down until the next explosion. and then in S4 we got basicly nothing until the bump. they did a total 180° turn on the ship.

I would have been satisfied with the flirting and bantering but when they decided to take the next step with the ship they should have stuck to the decision and not change their mind every three episodes. its not fair to them - the characters and it is definitely not fair to us.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I liked the way they built up DL's relationship in s2 and s3. I wasn't happy about LRC, but when I watched the episode, I already knew what'd happen later, so I wasn't too shocked.

I liked how they only flirted until the end of season 2 and then in season 3 got closer. I think, it was okay the way they did it. In my eyes it was a steady increase.

But maybe that's why season 4 confused me so much. Because suddenly there was nothing, until they had this bump. I agree that the bump was rushed, like the whole season. There should have happened more before they did the drama. I just hope that now DL finally had enough drama and will be happy together.

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I was thinking and if the writers strike didn't happen... do you think there would have been a chance at a better storyline for the whole DL scenario?

Season 3 is one i wanted to almost take out of the equation because it was so jumpy and could have been worked so much better. Season 2 i enjoyed because it was easy to take it as a really good friendship which could go further but you could be happy just to watch them flirt.

I was going to come in brandishing rainbow cupcakes i made but they all got eaten... oops/

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Interesting question. I'm not sure. In one interview I read there'd be drama, because it makes it more interesting to watch, so I think the drama definitely would have been there (although I wish it had happened in another way. why taking this road? there are so many other possibilities). But I wonder if we maybe would have gotten more DL scenes. I'm really not sure. I think, if the strike maybe hadn't been there, it would have been better, because they would have had more time. But actually I don't think we would have gotten better DL. I mean, they had time to write the 333 caller and the drama-bump-thing. Why didn't they have time for some good DL?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.