The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ I'd rather Nicky call Greggo as well. No one should be alone during a time like that ... people do strange/destructive things when they are completely alone and in mental/physical pain.
    I personally would absolutely just die if us Love fans got to write the episode. Man, in a perfect world (for me) there would be angst angst angst, a little bit of fluff, and more angst. Sadly, it would mostly be focused in on Nick/Greg, and would take away from the whole episode. It's s'posed to be about Warrick's dying, but it would end up situating around our boys. I guess that's why I'm not one of the writers ... hmm ... that gave me a thought. Would anyone else find it hard to write for CSI and not make the episodes all about the boys, or is it just me? :p

2. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!

hehe. Okay, so...uh...looks like back there you were back on the subject of CBS refusing to make any of their characters gay.

My feelings: Some of them are having trouble realising that the younger generation needs their attention just as much as the older one.

What percent of the world do you think watches CSI? Less than ten percent? maybe twenty? And ten percent of the population is gay. *It's atleast that, could be more. ANd, think about it, if the gay population finds another show that supports them, and has character(s) on there that are gay (or bi) and maybe even taking it to the next level and having a reacurring gay couple, them think how much CSI's ratings would go UP? I mean...do the math, people...

RE - Warrick's dead while Greg's in LA - I have my own suspicions on that. I mean, best case senerio, Nick calls Greg and tells him Warrick's dead, and theat he needs him (If that happened, and I died right after, I would so die happy:drool:) or, an alternative (not as good) Grissom calls Greg, and tells him that he needs to come back, if not to help with the investigation, then the help in the whole group-healing thing. And, hopefully, we see him comforting Nick. Although I have a feeling it's going to be Catherine doing that.

Just got back from the wavepool. So fun. :lol: *is still wearing her bathing suit under her clothes*

Cheers, everyone!

-Lynn

3. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hey, where is everyone? And where are all the "old" faces? Does anyone know about twins?

Anyway, to start a new discussion, I just thought about Inside the Box (S2, ep 23). I just loved it when they all sat together in the break room and had Chinese food. And look who sat next to each other:
    [​IMG]
    A coincidence? I don't think so.

But what I really love about that episode (and it's a great episode!) is that Nick reacts to the questions of how the fortune gets into the cookie by touching Greg:
    [​IMG]
    That's the best pic I could find, maybe you have a better screencap?

It's so natural, like he wants to say, "Hey, do you remember that documentation on TV about fortune cookies we watched the other day?" That was such a couply thing to do, I loved it.

Off topic: Does anyone know when S8 will be released on DVD?

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It is true. Nick really does like to touch Greg as much as he can. :lol: I remember that little moment in Inside the Box. Maybe that was his way of saying he is glad that Greg was okay and back to work (and humor) after the lab explosion.

I think they are usually released in November, the DVD's. I just hope they have a lot of extras or have it cheaper since it is a shortened season. Hmm sone nice bloopers of George and Eric??!! :D

5. my_last_chance

^-^ I don't think they've been on here for a loonggg time. Our thread's just mainly a few people now. It's to be expected, I guess, since there are no new moments we can talk about till we get to the fall.

^-^ Nick and Greg seem to end up beside each other an awful lot. Well, maybe I should say "awful lot", since it sure makes me happy when they do. Even if they aren't sitting beside each other, they are right across from each other, and then we end up with moments like the Public Declaration of Love and in the finale we also saw Nick staring right at Greggo.

^-^ I obviously wasn't watching close enough and I didn't even have a clue that Nick touched Greg. Dang, I gotta pay more attention.

^-^ It really is true. Nick can't keep his hands off Greg, and we have the screen caps to prove it! Not like I have any, mind, but everyone else does. xD Like when Greg passed his proficiency test ... Nick just couldn't keep his hands off Greg. At all. Even when the girls were hugging him.
    Ahh ... gotta love the touchy-feely Texan cowboy.

6. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

There are still a few of us about! (Love fans in general I mean, I know I'm not exactly an 'old' face, though I've been lurking around this board for what feels like forever, before I started posting) I don't mind if there are new epis or not, I enjoy Nick/Greg all year round :lol: I never get to watch the new ones straightaway anyway, so I'm quite happy with my dvds and watching classic moments.

I never noticed that Nick touched Greg in Inside the Box either, though I love that one anyway (poor Greg) and it now deserves a rewatch. Love the idea of them watching a fortune cookie documentary together! I bet it would be Nick making Greg watch it though, and Greg would roll his eyes but would watch it anyway.

Yes, I would find it very very difficult to write for CSI without making it the Nick and Greg Make Out Show. lol. (hmm, that would be good, no? Though lots of murderers would go free I think, so maybe not)

Nice to have you back Lynn, and I admire your maths very much :thumbsup: I really really hope they let Greg come back for Warrick's funeral, it would not be right to have it without them all there. Apart from that he needs to be there for Nick, I hate to see Greg cut out of things, they do it so often.

On an O/T note...my sister is trying to choose a name for her baby and I have just spent the last two days unsuccessfully pushing 'Gregory' :lol:

I have written something a little....weird for me. It made me sad writing it and I kind of wish I hadn't. I kind of don't want to link for some reason but anyway it's at WMTDB if you feel like bumming yourself out. Heh.

Nat x

7. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I lurk often on this site. But its hard to comment if I haven't seen season 8. Are we allowed to discuss N/G fanfics.

8. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

9. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

You guys have been busy! :thumbsup:

I've always thought that ,in "Play With Fire", some scenes were cut...Maybe they didn't want The Love become too obvious and , after three seasons of great N/G subtext, Nick visiting Greg in the hospital would have made it (almost) canon. I also love that scene from "Inside The Box" when, after the explosion, Nick and Greg are sitting right next to each other and Nick, once again, can't keep his hands of his Greggo...:lol:

Have you read the new spoilers for 9x03? Read the last paragraph. Please tell me they aren't giving Nick a new girlfriend (and I'm not talking about the waitress): :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.csifiles.com/news/060608_01.shtml

I know that they aren't giving us something THIS on the show... :devil:

[​IMG]

But at least, I hope they keep the wonderful subtext and please, don't give the boys a girlfriend!!

Because there are some things that can't be hidden. Not even behind a beard...;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Seabird. Once again you have came up with the goods, even thought I posted the pics before lol...

That look well kinda says it all really that Nick Stokes is very much in love with one Greg Sanders....TPTB can only do so much, but I say thanks to Eric Szmanda and George Eads for giving us love fans the subtextual moments over the course of eight years.

Thanks for the cap of Art imitating life... Life is also imitating art.:guffaw:

11. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Hey guys! I'm here! Sorry I've been gone for so long. But I've been working hard on that story, which has taken waaaayyyy too long. But, it's, I think, going to be my longest one shot yet. I'm almost done with it. I just didn't want anything to influence it more than your previous ideas already had. You know? I'm seriously trying not to steal ideas from people. lol. I'm hoping to have it done this weekend. But we'll see.

BTW, does anyone know Warrick's birthdate? I think before CBS came out with the wiki they had files on each character that listed this info cause I've got Greg's bday on my calendar. But he was the only one I cared about back then. Stupid me... lol.

Anyway, I have a lot of catching up to do on here, I see. But from what I've already read on this page, I never really thought about Nick's yelling at Sara as being a reaction to what happened to Greg. I was worried about that, because other than that, it doesn't seem like he has much of a reaction at all.

However, speaking for Greg in GD, I just rewatched it last week, and the first time they see Nick on the computer screen, check their reactions. Greg is so far to the left he's almost off screen, but he flinches, or something. I can't remember exactly what, but it was a heck of a lot more than he did the rest of the ep. It said a lot. You just have to look for it. And sadly, no, I don't have screen caps of it. Wish I did though.

Well, that's it for me. Time for laundry and some editing. The faster I edit, the sooner you get to read this insanely long fic.
    Oh yeah, and I have no clue where Twins is. They've dropped from being the top contributer on the wiki though. I just noticed that in the weekly update... wonder what's going on? Hope everything's cool. Well, peace, out, and long live The Love!

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I think that, without a doubt Warrick has/had his suspicions about Nick, although I personally don't think he would have approached and talked to him about it straight out, but maybe discuss girls and realise Nick was a bit different than a straight guy would be talking about girls. And I agree that I can see him trying and failing to set Nick up with a friend of a friend, maybe on a couple of occasions, and then thinking, hmm. And the deal with the waitress was kinda like a last resort 'i'm not going to try set him up again after this' kinda thing.

I do love those pics from the finale, the looks are just wow... I also agree that TPTB can only do so much, and what the actors give us makes it so much more, George and Eric have got to know Nick and Greg are in love. And the subtext does agree with this. And I hope we'll get much more in season 9.

I think someone posted all of the character and actors birthdates somewhere on here, I remember looking at it, it may be on the season 9 spoiler thread ( possibly? )

I think the happenings of GD were just too much for Greg, and he kind of shut down, and couldn't really take in and comprehend what was actually happening to the man he loves.

13. CSIElizabeth

CSIElizabeth Witness

Hi there! I'm looking forward to your one shot! It's going to make me cry, isn't it? lol I can't wait! I never really thought about Nick yelling at Sara was about Greg. Wasn't he upset because she was being wreckless for her own safety? I don't remember the interaction between them, but I don't think Greg was part of it, unfortunately.

I barely remember seeing Greg's reaction in GD and it ticks me off they didn't show him. And even when they did, Catherine was the main focus. Or at least I think she was. Hmm.

BTW twins1729 are all right. They are on the Luke/Noah (As The World Turns) wiki and that has pretty much taken over their lives at the moment lol. I'm over at the wiki all the time lurking so I know they are there. oh I am so dead meat when they come and read this. Hide me!

Oh! I forgot! Go to the spoilers thread for season 9 and you'll find Warrick's b-day. However, if you wish to remain spoiler free, I'll go get it for you. It's October 10, 1971. Or 1970, whichever year I'm not sure which is accurate.

14. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

I think Warrick knows/knew (knew? :() too, certainly by S6 or S7, think he would have suspected for a while and I could imagine him poking fun at Nicky a little bit at the start when Greg was still in the lab, making little comments about how Nick likes to hang around the lab a lot, but not wanting to come out and say anything direct like 'So, erm, you like Greg, Nick?'

I also think he and Catherine would discuss it when they were on their own, because she is naturally nosy about other people's relationships too. I wonder if the waitress suggestion was his attempt to get a rise out of Nick, let him know he knew and hope he might say something. Maybe. On the other hand I like the idea that by S8 they are open with people like Warrick and Catherine, and the waitress thing is his idea of a joke. Who knows, who knows.

Yep this is what I always feel about GD too. I think everyone reacts differently to massive trauma like that and not everyone breaks down and cries and screams and stuff, some people just shut down and seem devoid of emotion but they feel it. Like the very wise Lady Heather says in Slaves of Las Vegas:

"What you see and what I feel are two different things" :)

That said, I have read some great fics that talk about how Greg reacted when he was away from everyone else, like allowing himself to lose control a little when he was, say, alone in the bathroom or something.

QOTU I can't wait to read your new fic, though I'm also thinking it's going to make me cry. I know what you mean about not wanting to seem like you're stealing ideas...I hate it when I write something then find a similar moment in someone else's work because I hate to think they would think I had copied from them, if that makes sense. That said, I suppose nothing in the world can be truly original, we can only try!

Nat x

15. my_last_chance

Wow. So I feel as if I haven't posted in a long time, and I'm going to try to remember what everyone's been talking about ...
    Re Warrick Knowing About Nick: I ... I'm still on the fence about this one. I'd like to think that Nick would have told him, but I just have no clue. Warrick's a smart guy, he would have figured it out eventually. I like the idea of Warrick using the waitress as a way to try to get Nick to admit it, that seems like something he'd do. I could kind of see a scene between Nick and Warrick at the hospital ... if Warrick was still alive. Maybe Nick's just holding his best friend's hand and telling him it's going to be okay, even though he knows Warrick's dying. Warrick's last few words are, "After this you better come out to the team, Nick. And if you and Greg adopt, name him after me." He's just kidding, but he wants to make Nick feel better. I dunno ... my sad side is kind of gone today. I'm in a more light-hearted mood, and it's kind of hard to write sad scenarios when you've been laughing at So You Think You Can Dance.
    Re Greg in GD:
    Wow. That quote's amazing, and I wouldn't expect any less from Lady Heather. She knows people, that's for sure. That does seem to sum up Greg's reaction ... or lack of. He just couldn't react. It's something that feels like a huge slap in the face and it leaves you thinking, "What just happened ...?"
    On another note, Greggo_Obsessed and I were watching Empty Eyes today and it's the episode where Greg walks in to the showgirls' house and says to Nick, "Have you been upstairs yet?" and Nick just gives him that look. The subtext is absolutely amazing. So much expression ... and communicating without talking is something people can do when they know each other really well. It's a great moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.