NASCAR

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by nicksbabygurl, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

I respect Stewart for his racing abilities, but I'm no longer pulling for any Gibbs teams now that they drive for Toyota. I'm currently backing Ryan Newman, I think this could be a good year for him.

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I don't like Kyle or Kurt Busch, but frankly, Kurt's better than Kyle.

To me, Kyle is someone who never really learned how to take responsibility for his actions. It didn't look like just one of those racing things. It looked a little more intentional than that.

I'm not a person who cries at a lot of things, but seeing Junior's interview after that made me want to cry. When he was talking about how great of a car he had and how it sucked to get wrecked, I just wanted to hug him tightly. I thought he was about to cry. :(

I think Kyle needs to be somewhat taught a lesson about consequences. Someone might wanna do that before he hurts someone.

3. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

When I first started watching back in 1993 I was a big Kyle Petty fan. When the 1994 season started I started watching and rooting for Jeff Gordon and have been a fan of his ever since.

4. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

I'm 100% a Daddy's girl, and I've been watching NASCAR (mostly the Daytona 500) since I was a baby. Back then my dad always would root for Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Tony Stewart. He was absolutely heartbroken when Dale Sr. died. After that, Dale Jr. became my fandom and my Dad backed Tony Stewart. So NASCAR is definitely a family affair :)

I don't know much about the Busch brothers as it's been discussed here, however I also enjoy watching Jeff Gordon and root for him on occasion. :)

5. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

I'm a huge fan of all kinds of racing. NASCAR was my first passion. I'd been a casual fan when I was a kid... mostly rooting for Davey Allison and Rusty Wallace just to tick off my late grandpa, who was a hardcore Earnhardt fan. NASCAR has been my sport of choice since 2002 but I'm to the point now where I only really pay attention to where my guys are during any given race.

My guys?

Robby Gordon, first and foremost. I know some people don't like his straight-shooting personality and aggressive driving style but I dare anyone to tell me he's not one of the most talented drivers out there. If you saw Tony Stewart's Prelude to a Dream late-model dirt race last night, you know what I'm talking about. Robby has raced in several series and styles of racing and won in almost every one of those series. Not only that but he's one of the most fan-friendly drivers and an all-around great guy. My other NASCAR guy is Jimmie Johnson. Another guy out of the California off-roading ranks, the man has talent out the ears. Plus he's a total geek and I adore him. :lol:

I'm also an Indycar fan and I'm still over the moon about the reunification of American open wheel racing. My favorite open wheel guys are Dan Wheldon, Marco Andretti, Ryan Hunter-Reay and Oriol Servia. I've also been known to root for Vitor Meira on occasion.

I've just gotten into MotoGP and, while I haven't figured it all out so can't comment on anything more than I've read and seen this season, I'm really liking Casey Stoner and, of course, Nicky Hayden. And Randy de Puniet is terrific eye candy.