NASCAR/motorsports anyone?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by flashofgenius, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

So, who on these boards is a motorsports fan?

*waves hands wildly* Me! Me! Me! Me!

I'm a huge fan of all kinds of racing. NASCAR was my first passion. I'd been a casual fan when I was a kid... mostly rooting for Davey Allison and Rusty Wallace just to tick off my late grandpa, who was a hardcore Earnhardt fan. NASCAR has been my sport of choice since 2002 but I'm to the point now where I only really pay attention to where my guys are during any given race.

My guys?

Robby Gordon, first and foremost. I know some people don't like his straight-shooting personality and aggressive driving style but I dare anyone to tell me he's not one of the most talented drivers out there. If you saw Tony Stewart's Prelude to a Dream late-model dirt race last night, you know what I'm talking about. Robby has raced in several series and styles of racing and won in almost every one of those series. Not only that but he's one of the most fan-friendly drivers and an all-around great guy. My other NASCAR guy is Jimmie Johnson. Another guy out of the California off-roading ranks, the man has talent out the ears. Plus he's a total geek and I adore him. :lol:

I'm also an Indycar fan and I'm still over the moon about the reunification of American open wheel racing. My favorite open wheel guys are Dan Wheldon, Marco Andretti, Ryan Hunter-Reay and Oriol Servia. I've also been known to root for Vitor Meira on occasion.

I've just gotten into MotoGP and, while I haven't figured it all out so can't comment on anything more than I've read and seen this season, I'm really liking Casey Stoner and, of course, Nicky Hayden. And Randy de Puniet is terrific eye candy.

So, anyways, I'd love to see this thread stay alive. We can talk about drivers, races, what have you.

Cheers!

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

You might want to post this in the NASCAR thread already open in the Miscellaneous Forum. It has been running about three years.

3. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

Aha! Thanks Dynamo. Mods... feel free to delete this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

4. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Thanks Dynamo. *locked* :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.