Indiana Jones IV.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

*Bumping this up*
    Because they showed it yesterday at Cannes' Cinema Festival and the premiere is this thursday.:D

[​IMG]

3. Della

Della Police Officer

I have to say that going by the trailer it does have a certain feel to it that maybe they've amalgamated certain scenes from the first two Indy films, but goodness me, it's Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. What's not to like? :D Yum!! Yum!! *blush*

The utterly sad thing is, I suffer from claustrophobia, so I'm going to have to wait until this is released onto DVD *Please make it soooooon* but hopefully the previews and the spoilers will keep me going until then

:D

4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

*Can't believe I haven't seen this thread already, being the HUGE Indy fan that I am*

Well it comes out tommorow, I'm so excited about it... My Dad and me are going to see it on Saturday, I'm rather excited... A few years ago, the Indy films were being aired on BBC, my dad and me sat down and watched them, and I immediately feel in love with them, so as soon as I heard there was to be a 4th one, I got really excited. I am quite amazed that Harrison Ford is almost 66 and still done most of his own stunts in the film, he must be in amazing shape... I'm quite embarassed to say this, but I think he is quite gorgeous for a much older man... So yeah, I'm really excited about it... Anyone who sees it before me, post a review in here. ;)

A few little Indy animations I found...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. grumpy

grumpy Prime Suspect

I just love Indiana Jones:drool: and will be dragging my husband
    to the theater.

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It was great! :D

Harrison Ford may be 65 (according to my local paper) but he is in great shape (had a shirtless scene early on) and pulled it off great. We got a quick cameo from the Ark (Raiders of the Lost Ark) in a warehouse in Area 51. They opened this big warehouse door to show all these boxes and the first thing I said was Steven found his warehouse. :lol: It was very much like Raiders of the Lost Ark, you start out right in on the action. It slowed down a little bit at one point but there were a lot of chases. You're gonna love Mutt going from vine to vine with the monkeys while the others are chasing eachother in the trucks.

My only advice - go to the bathroom right before it starts. There is a hell of a lot of water at the end and boy did I have to go by then! :eek:

Susan

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i just saw the Midnight show last night. it was amazing!! i loved it. the action and special effects were awesome.

i loved the whole chase scene with the cars in the jungle, it was funny and had me at the edge of my seat the entire time.

i also liked the whole thing with Marion and Indy. when he saw that Mutt's mother was Marion i was laughing soo much that was one of my fave parts of the movie.

Cate Blanchett was soo freakin creepy as the bad guy (forget her name). she was so ugly looking but really good and creepy lol.

i am totally seeing this again and buying the DVD when it comes out.

8. Stepherweps

I'm just home, from seeing it, all the reviews I read were really bad, but I loved it, as I was expecting to, it was amazing, I'd have to say it's my fave of them all, it's a close call, but I loved it. I loved the scene when Indy and Marion were sinking, and she told him about Mutt, that made me giggle and the bit with the snake aswell, that was hilarious. :lol: I was also so happy when Indy and Marion got married, that was so sweet. :D LOVED IT!!! When can I but the dvd? :lol: I'll definitely be seeing it again. :D

9. blackflag

Blowing away the competition in the weekend boxoffice. $126 million according to what I just saw on the news, and that doesn't count that it is a holiday weekend (with Monday to go) here in the states.

Susan

10. Stepherweps

Wow, that is awesome!! :D It's a holiday weekend here in the UK aswell... I haven't heard the boxoffice grossings from here yet, but I'll post them when I do. :D

11. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I watched it on Saturday. I enjoyed it. But I was shocked to see how old harrison was. but I am glad that they did not try to dye his hair or anything (it would have been a poor attempt). I loved all the sci-fi/ alien/area 51 stuff. I did not have high expectations when I saw the movie, I just wanted to be entertained & I was. Some of the stunts were fantastical, there is no way anyone can survive falling down a waterfall 3 times. But I think Harrison had his day & he should hang up his Indiana Jones hat or pass it on. I enjoyed the actor who played his son (good mix of action & humour. which is soo Indiana).

I would give anything to explore that warehouse in Area 51.

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Media By Numbers LLC. Final figures will be released Tuesday.
    1. "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," $101 million.
    2. "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian," $23 million.
    3. "Iron Man," $20.1 million.
    4. "What Happens in Vegas," $9 million.
    5. "Speed Racer," $4 million.
    6. "Made of Honor," $3.4 million.
    7. "Baby Mama," $3.3 million.
    8. "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," $1.7 million.
    9. "Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay," $900,000.
    10. "The Visitor," $800,000.

13. Stepherweps

The actor who plays Indy's son is called Shia LaBeouf.

I have to disagree with you on the topic of Harrison, I don't think that he looked his age (which is 65), yes he looks older than the other films, but that was inevitable as they were filmed between 19 and 27 years ago. They wanted to dye his hair but Harrison didn't allow it, like he said, "What's wrong with Indy having grey hair?" I don't think he should hang up his hat and whip yet, I don't think anyone could ever live up to Harrison as Indy, he'll always be the real Indy in my eyes. I thought Harrison played the role fantastically just the like the other films, he certainly has still got it, and in my opinion, no-one could live up to him as Indy.

14. blackflag

$126 million Thursday through Sunday with another $25 million expected for Monday. That puts it right behind Pirates of the Caribbean: at Worlds End for a 5 day total.

Critics in didn't like it a whole lot but since when is that new. The ones that make the most money aren't usually liked that much by the critics.

'Indiana Jones' unearths $126M in box office gold

Susan

15. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

My Husband is crazy about Indiana Jones. His favorite one is Raiders of the Lost Arch.
    We are both Harrison Ford fans. I can't wait to see it! That would be a great Fathers Day gift!