How Much is Gas Where you Live?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokey, Mar 15, 2008.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

dopebabygirl - I understand that gas is high everywhere......but for as long as I can remember gas in Europe has always been several dollars higher then here in the US. When I started driving gas was about $.89 a gallon......it was probably consistently around $1.00 - $1.25 before all this started.... So you have to realize that even though it is very high where you are - it is significantly higher here as well. We are all feeling the pain from it. To make matters worse - where I live there is virtually no public transportation to use. It is just a bad situation for a lot of people.

2. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

you're right
    though it was a lot better with Deutsche Mark (DM) as far as i remember gas was 1 DM and since the Euro was introduces it was more than 1 Euro
    which is twice a much as it was in DM :(

i understand you feeling the pain from it, it's just when i hear $1,25 it seems *cheap* for me

and now they want to impose ( i don'T know how to translate that) some kind of a *punishment* taxes for older cars, which means $100 more tax a year

what about taxes in US for cars? you have any?

in germany you're cursed having a car :(

hope i choose the right words :/

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I definitely understand....like I said - bad situation for a lot of people. Yes - we have to pay a yearly vehicle registration fee (I am assuming this is the same in all states?) I think mine for the 2 cars this year was around $200......

it is a holiday weekend here - so I am hoping gas will go down a bit next week......though I doubt it will until after the summer.

Did you hear that some airlines are now starting to charge for a 1st checked bag now to help pay for the increase in gas prices?

4. dopebabygirl

never heard of it!

*vehicle registration fee * learned something new today :D good for my oral exam next week

i never paid attention about vehicle registration fee in other states,
    i paid for my car €181 that hurt a lot

we had school vacation an public holidays as well which makes me also hope gas will go down

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  5. CSIsPuddingCup

CSIsPuddingCup Witness

yeah, that and they are slowing the flight down to save gas. the plane wont be going as fast. sure its only a few min. late now, but what if it gets to the point of an hour or a half?

what i dont see is why the US doesn't buid more refineries. (sp?) hydrogen cell, hybrid, french fry oil ((they do that with a Culvers car that travels throughout WI)). and more electric cars.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Because 51% of the country sees fit to elect leaders who are only interested in putting money into the pockets of their corporate pals.

It can definitely be done. We can find alternative sources, and we have to. Oil is a finite product. It's going to run out. We can't grow more. We need to look into other options before it's too late, but those options don't make money for the people in charge, so screw the rest of us.

See the movie, "An Inconvenient Truth", and realize what we could do if we all decided to push it.

And if anyone thinks that the oil companies are going to lower prices just because they get their oil here (Alaskan Wildlife Refuge), think again.

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Vehicle registration fee here in West Virginia: for my 2000 Dodge Neon is $30 a year; different amounts for various types of vehicles.
    Don't remember exactly how much the annual state inspection is; I think it is about $7 and $1 for the windshield sticker.
    Annual County Property tax for this car is $50.00. Insurance for the year is a little over $1200.
    Recent replacement for a flat tire: $95.
    Recent replacement for a light bulb near license plate: $2.
    Annual Gas: get a bank loan.
    Empty wallet: Priceless.

8. dopebabygirl

Empty wallet: priceless :D sounds cool

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  9. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Prices are up to $3.99/gal now in Hawaii :scream:

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Well I had to dig into the well today to fill up. I paid $1.29.9 a liter for reg unlead today. The total bill was $63.00 :scream:If you wanted premium it was $1.41.9 a liter :brickwall: and the experts say gas won't get any cheaper this summer. When I need gas I just fill up the tank. I can get about 500km per tank and I fell it's just as easy to fill up at once than risk the chance of it going up to much and I value my time. I don't want to spend all my time at a gas station filling up. I fill up usually every 2 to 3 weeks.

11. lunalupi

lunalupi Victim

Okay, I just redid my previous calculation that I did for those of you in America working in US dollars and Gallons.

Originally it came out at $7.99 per gallon.

Today in the UK, it's now $8.50 per gallon - and that was using one of the lowest prices around!

Using one of the more expensive prices, it's $9.87!

Do I win a prize for most expensive gas? :(

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ I try my best with that competition... we have website that shows the cheapest/the most expensive stations every day. So I do again calculations. The ones selling the most expensive 95 didn't have price for 98, which is always few cents more expensive than 95

THE MOST EXPENSIVE:

95 = 1.800€/litre and it is = 2.79 usd/litre = 10.56usd/usgallon :D
    98 = 1.710€/litre = 10.03 usd/usgallon (this station sells 95 for 1.675€/litre)
    Diesel = 1.600€/litre = 9.387 usd/usgallon

THE CHEAPEST

95 = 1.412€/litre = 8.289 usd/usgallon
    98 = 1.459€/litre = 8.554 usd/usgallon
    diesel = 1.342€/litre = 7.873 usd/usgallon

AVERAGE

95 = 1.522€/litre = 8.933 usd/usgallon
    98 = 1.554€/litre = 9.122 usd/usgallon
    diesel = 1.411€/litre = 8.289usd / usgallon

In my area prices are pretty much that average. The fact that diesel gets more up than gasoline (just stupid law) its really annying because with dieselcar, you have to pay extra tax :/

13. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

Here in Idaho our gas is on average $4 for regular. Diesel is close to $4.50.
    It coasts us $55 to fill up a 14 gallon tank. We spend over $200.00 a month for our car.
    I'm not working yet so we hardly use our truck. I hope I get a job close to home! LOL!

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

For the past few days gas here in my city in Wisconsin has been hanging on at $3.94. I'm hoping that it goes down a bit...especially since there is over a month until the next holiday weekend.

I really hate when they raise prices during that. Just more money hungry and greedy people who want to pad their arses and make us feel afraid to leave the immediate area.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

We've been between $3.93 and $3.99 for a few weeks now. It seems that no one wants to be the first to put that '4' up there for regular.