Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Do you mean "With or Without You" ? That's the only U2 song I can think of that would fit.

2. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Yes, that's the Ross&Rachel radio song, With or Without You. :lol:

I can actually picture Linds doing a Rachel, calling the station and have the DJ cut the song off halfway through.... (Yay! Team Lindsay!)

Bit of favouritism there creeping in....

Oooohhh, in about twenty hours I get to see the finale for myself! Woohoo! Though not Woohoo! at the thought of no CSI for months on end. Hmmm. Goodbye nightmare that was Season 4!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It's been so long since I watched friends that I don't remember the radio/song thing. :lol:

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

That's what I thought, too, when the season ended. It really exhausted me.

Yesterday I watched 'Risk' again. Lindsay looked so great in the dress. This was a really nice moment, because we saw a tiny bit of her life outside the lab. Even though it's an old epi, I'm still a huge fan of it, and especially of the subway scene. I'm not sure when exactly Danny got interested in her. But after seeing her like this, I'm sure he definitely was.

5. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I loved Risk it was such a good episode and the way Danny looks at her is classic, it was one of wow i didn't know she could dress up that well it was almost like he was expecting something totally different.

But i realised i definately prefer her shorter hair now i watched a clip other night and i was like i can't imagine the longer hair now for some reason.

6. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Phew - I finally found time to post this weekend :) RL is crazy at the moment and will be for some time. Which makes me think of a quote for the Friends fans - "Welcome to the real world. It sucks. You're gonna love it!" - anyone know the eppy?

I did not mean to make everyone rant about Flack's alleged dislike of our ship - honest! But I thought that I missed something because I had no idea where that theory came from. So I am glad that you are all surprised by it as well. Dutch - I had forgotten about the spoiler regarding Lindsay and Flack next season. It would be nice to see them bring the banter again :lol:

Dawni and Brinchen - I love Risk too. It was a classic DL moment - he actually does a double take when he sees his Montana all dressed up :guffaw:What woman doesn't wish for that reaction? And as for the hair , i think I prefer the curls. Probably because it reminds me of better times for our ship!

So the finale aired here in the UK last night which I recorded so I could watch the finale of 'Britain's Got Talent' (my fave act won :thumbsup:). But to be honest, I am not that excited to watch it , but will of course.

Was trying to think of a great DL question for you all ... but my mind is a blank :lol: Anyone have any ideas?

7. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Im in need of some major D/L support. There's so much negativity about our couple, its crazy!
    *kicks the pink fluff meter up a few notches*

I have a question, Im not sure if its been asked, if so just ignore me :p
    How do you see D/L recovering?
    I really dont think Danny is going to tell Lindsay about Rikki. Thats probably best too. Unless she already knows somehow, then Danny would just look extra guilty for trying to cover it up. After they're past the Rikki part though, I see Danny just using some charm on Lindsay to get her back. Maybe a little winking, some Montana name calling, perhaps some fried spiders (*shivers* I still dont like to watch that episode). I hope thats how it happens though.

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'm alive! And (hopefully) back again to stick around again this time, though, I do wonder how long that will last.

Words that would describe Season 4? I'd say...thought and emotion provoking, retarted...schmangerifying. (Don't ask me what that last one means) :p

Although this season has been somewhat...utter crap for us, it has in some ways broadened my view of DL, and changed certain aspects of it. I guess it's made them more human and real for me, in that they can make absolutely idiotic mistakes (just like the best of us) and they're not all just teasy flirty, happy dappy doo with each other. So, I don't really know how to describe it but they've just become a little more real to me, in some...sadistic manner of speaking. *shrugs* (It's 6am, can you blame me for not making sense?)

Who's calling this the D/L show? *Snickers* Well, if it was the DL show, then we wouldn't be here complaining about the crappy season we just had, would we? Honestly, the things people come up with, just because they have nothing to complain about...is amusing.

As for the finale, I still haven't watched the entire thing. Not because I can't (in a matter of speaking), but I get bored and tend to find something better to do. Oh, so sorry if I'm not a Super!Mac hour fan.

Okay so the finale DID give me a HUGE reason to tune in for the premiere, although it's probably for the wrong reasons...I want to see Mac with a concussion, because Mac in pain = me happy. Yes, I'm weird that way, but I'm also holding out hope on the fact that we may be getting some kind of DL that was pushed back from the finale.

Who knows? I'm not getting my hopes up though, because aside from that, the writers really haven't given me a reason to want to keep watching the show. In fact, they've given me more reasons to not watch anymore, though any mention of DL tends to suck me in like a super powered vacuum cleaner...

Darn them.

What do I want to see in Season 5? Umm...the cast other than Super!Mac? Kidding...okay, maybe not. I wanna see my D/L happy again, and even though it may cause more hurt, and I don't see it really happening, I wish there was some kind of mention that Lindsay knows, to some extent, about Rikki. I don't know why, but leaving it out kind of leaves that window of opportunity for more angst in the future and I'm really sick of the entire storyline. Having everything laid out bare, and then starting over would be what I want, but then...I never really get what I want, so...who knows.

Flack hates Lindsay now? Wow, what's next? Sid's taking ballerina classes? (Although...no, nvm).

Who cares? As long as we're happily shipping, that's all that matters. *runs around throwing out bundles of fluff!*

Watching the past seasons makes me angry...which is unfair. So the writers need to FIX this, and I'm not talking about a quick fix either. I'd rather take the awkwardness knowing that there's no more secrets between them so they can slowly regain their trust and fall for each other - again.

:)

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:guffaw: Who knows? Everything's possible. Although I'd like to see that. :lol:

Last season was so not my favourite, but maybe we should just leave that behind and look forward to better times for our ship. What did they say? There'll be a bump, like in every relationship or something like that. Yes, we got a bump, a huge bump, and it made us stronger.

Hm, not easy. I'm still thinking Lindsay already knows what Danny did, and that's why she kept him on a distance. But unfortunately we don't know for sure. It'd be nice to see how they start to get closer again. I don't want them to immediately continue where they had been before the bump. It needs time. They need to talk, and learn to trust in each other. And then I finally want them to be together again, and this time happy.

10. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Im back :)

I just wasnt in the mood for CSI: NY. I still havent seen Hostage and I didnt want to get spoiled but since there was apparently no DL, there is no need for me to stay away.

slowly and fluffily (is that a word?) Im in a great need of a DL kiss but everything in its due time. Im all for hand holding, asking the other out, maybe a little dancing. an episode ending with DL watching a movie together. sweet, simple but meaningful stuff like that

amen to that. I think I will mostly ignore the disaster that was S4 for its bigger part and pray to whaever deity there is that S5 is better

less Mac-centered story lines. better cases. no 180° turnes in characters. better balance between the professional and the personal. good built up followed by a good climax instead of good build up followed by no climax

except for all the thing you already mentioned I would add let-down. because it had a nice build up and then they just let us down in so many ways and not only DL wise. when there is something I cant stand in story-telling is not keeping promises. they made us promises and then broke all of them several times over.

and as for the DL show. if I wanted a DL show I would ask for a spin-off. all I want is a little fluff every now and then. it isnt that much to ask and it doenst make it a DL show. maybe if the cases were more interesting in the first place (like in S2 and S3) people wouldnt concentrate so much on the personal

wow, that was long :)

see you later

11. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Good, we're looking chatty again! Well, I've seen the finale and as much as I thought it was a letdown compared to the past two finales I must confess, I'll tune in for 5.01

I'm normally a fan of all cast members and don't mind some Macness but you just had the 333 guy and some grief from two women and some cabbie killer kidnapping your son (son takes less time than what Reed is). Now we've had you highjacked? But of course, part of me felt you kinda deserved it after being so gullible. You lied? No s**t Super!Mac... :rolleyes: He gets paid to be suspicious and above all? 'Follow the evidence' Dude, did ya wait for them to check out the house before you let the guy with a gun lead you outside? Hands up all those that thing he's gonna get his ass well kicked by Stella? Anyway if Mac keeps a cool head and asks himself WWHD? Then he'll be completely fine! Cookies for those that correctly guess what WWHD stands for. :D

Aarrgh! It is the Mac! show, I'm posting this in a DL thread?!

Right to complete where I'm going, I'm thinking positive thoughts, I've only seen the finale once and what little interaction they had wasn't marred by any angsty looks. When one spoke the other gave full attention and (just off of YT right now) there is sneaky peek looks! :lol: Isn't that what this thread is for, looking for 'hidden' things? Linds gives Danny one in the morgue (keep it clean!) and when Danny says to try get this guy's family to talk some sense into him he then looks at Linds.

I like the fact that what we had other than Super!Mac was the team displaying their ability to be CSIs! What, no personal drama!? Have a seat. Linds analysing things on her own? That's right, there is a reason why she works there other than to be a plot device.

Season 4? Loved the first half, then came the writer's strike and Boom! disaster. Will someone please find out what is now causing the temper tantrums with the writers? What happened to good old fashioned bombs and killing people over cockroaches? Perhaps feeble is a good word?

Yeah, I'm with Liff on Season 5, I really don't want there to be a window of opportunity for angst in relation to that incident. Only kind of angst I wanna see is jealousy over the shirtless FDNY checking out Lindsay. Poor SMM..... :lol:

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Damn, I want a FDNY guy to undress Linds with his eyes (and maybe try to with with his hands) to give Danny more grief, but the poor man's already gotten so much grief over the past months so I guess I'll hold back on that thought. :p

Though, seing a Danny jealous would be pretty fun, especially if Lindsay does it just to make sure he realises she has the capability of moving on without him. :) Of course, she wouldn't want to, but Danny can be a little dense, and sometimes you need to draw the man a diagram, or act out a little scene.

BOOM! He'll never take her for granted ever again, because if he does, she'll run away with...Jason. :lol: (I'm high on something, just haven't figured out what yet).

I just thought about something...how big was the time jump between Hostage and Personal Foul? Like Peaches said, there didn't really seem to be any tension between them, and now that I think about it - there wasn't much in Taxi either. It felt a little strained, but nothing jumped out with sign saying "TROUBLE" at me. Maybe something happened after PF that we just haven't seen yet...

Danny picks himself up and runs halfway across the city, soaking wet and they meet...somewhere random, and talk as the threat of hypothermia lingers in the back of their minds. :p

Well, you don't even get that in soaps, maybe the writers are trying out something new too? hehehehe.

13. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Liffy, you have the funniest ideas ever :guffaw:

WWHD? - What Would Horatio Do? duh :)) (please, tell me Im right, Peaches)

are you actually trying to tell me that there was angst and/or drama free interaction with some potentional for fan-wanking? now Im actually looking forward to seeing it

and Im looking forward to S5. it cant get much worse then S4 - at least I hope so. after all you can only go up from the bottom

I dont want no jealousy. Im sick od jealousy especially provoking it on purpose. then it would really be a soap opera. but it is a perfect plot for some fanfiction

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

How do i see them recovering...

Well, I want it either 1 of 2 ways really one that they continue to try and make a go of it but least remember the problems and don't act like nothing happened which knowing me TPTB could easily do. But not make it take over the show give enough to us to show that they are together but not say remember its a crime show.

Or i want it to be a mutual parting that it wouldn't work and they have to be friends.. and let LIndsay stand on her own 2 feet. Tbh I want that more cos she as a character deserves to be shown as her own character and not a part of Danny... but if they did this i would still want the interaction between them the joking the fact she classed it as "best friends" that i would really like to see.

I am meant to be revising but this was like staring at me.

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I want them to be together again. I have no idea how they should show that on screen. On the one side I want them to show how they slowly reconnect, get closer again, talk, start trusting in each other again. But I know there's no way to show all this. What I know is that I want to see them happy again. I want them bantering, and flirting. They can be a couple without drama. I finally want some of the moments that we were expecting for last season.

Sorry for mentioning this again........but yesterday I rewatched another one of my favourite s2 epis, this time RSRD. There was much personal drama in it, but for some reason I thought it was much better than all the drama episodes we got this season. This was one example how drama can work perfectly. This is and always will be one of my favourites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.