The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

That episode always makes me sad as well. But I can still manage to watch that episode at least. I can't watch Grave Danger anymore cause I cry everytime I see him in that coffin. Also in Fannysmakin I can't watch when Greggo gets beat up cause of that. I've always wondered about Nicky going to see Greggo in the hospital. Cause after the explosion Nicky seems so calm and collected, which is really weird cause personally I would be freaking out after something like that. But maybe it was to hard for Nicky to see Greggo like that in hospital and and staying quiet about it and staying away is his way of dealing with it. Or maybe he waited till he knew everyone else was done visiting him so they could be alone without exposing their relationship or something. Who knows really, so many possibilities. Lots of fics written about this with different takes.

2. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Personally, when Greg's lab gets blown up, we see Gill rush to Sara's side, but that episode is really weird, we dont see Nick's reaction at all... Why is that?

I personally think that at that time Nick and Greg were barely on the same rada, I mean flirting yes, but we all know that sometimes filrting can be done without emmotions or with...

Fast forward to the season seven, when Greg was beaten and left for dead, then we see a reaction from Nick.

Grave Danger and Fannysmakin are the episodes that define our men. (also maybe Gum Drops for Nick)

By the way where has everyone gone???n All the old names that I recognise and know have gone? Is the love dead for them?

3. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

I need to not hide for multiple days because then I have way too much to read and digest.

I love the the fact that even though Nick's annoyed at Greg he still gets all touchy-feely.

The 'stache is horrible. I just watched "A Bullet Runs Through It" and cringed every time Nicky was on screen. It did give me plot bunny where Greg withholds sex until Nick shaves though.

My concern about new people is taking away screen time from the people that are already there. In both "Chick Chop Flick Shop" and "A Thousand Days of Earth" there was one scene of Greg. And in "Drop's Out" he kind of disappeared after the about 10-15 minutes. Greg's been around since day one and has grown and evolved as a character - give him the screen time he deserves.

And of course I want plenty of wonderful subtext. I'm losing hope that the love with ever be canon, in part because it is CBS.

Even though I don't kill Warrick in the epic fic I'm working on, I may have to write some Nick/Greg comfort fics. Especially if I end up not liking how TPTB handle things in September.

Especially since the new CSI's also a redhead. Or at least she is in most of the pics I've found - she's blonde in some of them.

A good season 7 one is "Empty Eyes." Greg asks Nick if he's been where the bodies are yet and then they communicate solely through facial expressions and eye contact.

Also in "Post Mortem" when Nick said the use of deadly force was exactly according department policy (or something like that), Nick and Greg had the whole eye contact communication thing going on.

And in "Meat Market" they have very similar shirts on - it's really noticeable in the scene where Greg tells Nick his deposition was postponed. Though in Nick's very next scene, he's wearing a different shirt - the matching must have been a little too cutesy for him.

I agree with you there - ER is the only NBC show I have watched regularly for years and they've done a good job handling gay issues. The second-longest running main character was a lesbian - though they didn't have her come out until the seventh season. Also when Jorja was on ER in seasons 3-5, her character was a lesbian.

Nick's almost like 'who the hell is calling you with that ringtone, because I know it's not me.' And when Greg asks him if he got a number, Nick's all guilty, like 'looks like I'm sleeping on the couch tonight.'

I love that scene so much! I still also go "Awww" when Nick holds the baby.

"Bull" is so wonderfully subtexty - especially the scene with the "electro love machine" even though Wendy totally creeped me out.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  4. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

I used to think that too, that they didn't get together until s4-ish. But then I was going through s2 last night to gather up all of the subtexty moments for a picspam and one minute they are flirting like crazy and the next they don't seem to have as much to prove. Like if they were together they might not be as flirty at work because it would've been like a hundred times what everyone was used to seeing. Either way, they're definitely together now.

We didn't see Greg's reaction to nick being kidnapped either. He was in the background a few times but didn't even get a close up when the feed started and everyone got two close ups. He was a big part of the show then, it wouldn't even have been subtexty to the normal viewer to show his reaction the way they did everyone else, so why cut him out completely?

Grave danger and fannysmakin are arguably their best episodes, but Nick has been catching crap from life ever since s1( being held a gun point, admitting his molestation to Catherine, being stalked, ect.), and Greg since the lab explosion.

I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm obsessed with a ship all season I kind of fall out of it when summer hits.

5. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

ignore this

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh, no I'm pretty obsessed with Nick and Greg full time- there has been times that it has gotten me through my day...

Yeah season two does have subtexual moments, but then it stops, then starts. Which is weird. Well we might not have seen Greg's reaction to Nick's kidnapping, but we at least are hinted at it- what I mean is that we see Greg act really weird around Warrick.

He is tense, I think, that Greg in Grave Danger, is probably trying to prove something to himself. What I have no idea.... Almost like a lost love, that there he is being the proffessional person- who has a job to do, but on the other hand, he's lover, or ex, had something terrible happened to him, and Greg has no idea how to deal with it.

7. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ I don't really know why. In Play With Fire, Nick doesn't really acknowledge what happened, and I think that's kind of cold. Even with the whole Holly Gribbs thing we saw some sort of acknowledgement from Nick. When he found out Holly had died, we saw him splashing water on his face. He hadn't even met the girl, yet we see nothing like that from the lab explosion.
    I'm extremely disappointed that we saw no close ups of Greg in Grave Danger. If our boys were together then, there would have been some raw emotion on Greg's face, yet we saw none. We did see him sort of snap at Warrick though, when Warrick kicked over the bucket he was going through.
    I guess to TPTB Nick wasn't very important to the whole lab explosion part, and in GD Greg wasn't extremely important either. I have to disagree, but it's all ready been done.

8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Maybe nick was too distraught to appear to have any kind of reaction in Play with Fire. Or maybe the writers didn't quite know how Nick would react, as if they'd have had a distinct reaction then maybe it'd have defined things differently. I don't know, it's confusing.

But in GD, I think, although we didn't see Greg have a reaction like Warrick did (as a best friend would) I think it's probably like Greg was working on auto pilot at that point.

9. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Ohohoho, you guys have been busy. 8D

Not entirely sure if I'm one of the old names you recognize, but I apologize for not coming around more often! I've been writing/posting writing, though, so nope, definitely not dead for me! I've got finals this coming week, though, so don't be too surprised if you don't see much of me until the end of June. (I've also gotten into another fandom, but we'll just leave it at that)

It's been a while since I've posted, I know, so welcome to all the new posters! Yes, I realize you're not new, but you're new since the last time I've posted!

Fft. I mean, I understand that you can get sick from merely being friends with someone, but in my experience, only if you're close, so how did this happen without people even thinking about it? Ack! Oooh, though, a oneshot on that would be awesome. Maybe Nick or Greg would go to visit Grissom, pick up the virus, bring it home, the other catches it....And maybe the only one who would notice would be Grissom. I dunno, I think it'd be interesting to read.

And OTL, I'm working on that girlfriend challenge you left here! I'm not sure exactly when it was, but I'm writing! I don't know when it'll be done, but it'll happen at some point, promise.

Play with Fire, Fannysmackin' and Grave Danger all make it hard for me to watch. 3: I watched once, I can't do it again! I love the angst and the post-episode writing it gets, but after I watch it once, I can hardly watch it again, especially Greg's beating and Nick screaming in the coffin. I swear. Gets me every time.

Oh, I agree. Greg definitely needs more screen time. And I don't care if they pull the "he's only a CSI 1" card, he's been around for eight years, which is much more than, say, Hodges, and while I love Hodges, it's still kind of unfair.

A few weeks ago I was thinking "If CSI: was on, like, NBC and had NBC writers, we might actually get something." I think it was NBC. I'm not really sure now. And you know, maybe I'm being too harsh on the CSI writers; maybe they really know what they're doing. *shrugs* I dunno. I think it's horrible that they appear to want to get rid of this ship when there's so many people that would be supportive.

Haha, same kind of goes for me. But then again, I'm always slightly involved in some fandom. 8D So if I'm not here, it means I'm probably off frolicking in some other fandom.

10. nickfangirl

nickfangirl Prime Suspect

Well, it's been a while, I've been busy doing things. I'm not sure if this is old news but did anyone notice that WMTDB is down? Don't tell me it is having issues again with spam-bots! :x

Ah, about the sick comment, there is no better way to catch a sickness then kissing said sick person, trust me I know from experience. ;)

11. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

haha, seriously. I mean sure they work together but they're in the field and they're not shown together until they're both sick. I know that I always get what someone in my house has, more so than i ever have being around for a little with who's sick. Greg is sick then Nick says he hopes he's not getting sick. I think tptb let a little slip because wasn't everyone supposed to be sick? and it only ends up nick, greg, and grissom? hmm

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

In Play with Fire it still annoys me that they really did not show much reaction aside from a short bit with Grissom, then Warrick and Catherine to Greg being in the hospital. It was all more about Sara and her little cut it felt like to me. I mean Sara did not even visit him and she saw him get hurt. I wish we would have seen Nick say something about it but it was like he was not concerned at all. At least in Grave Danger, Greg did show some concern for Nick and then in Fannysmackin' Nick finally was shown having concern for Greg too then it carried on in Post Mortem too.

13. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ yeah I wondered that as well. Cause originally they said everyone was supose to be sick and only Nicky, Greggo and Griss where. Griss seems to be the odd one out here. But maybe he sneezed on something then Greggo touched it and got sick. IDK. Cause nether Warrick or Cath where. So I guess Nicky was hoping not to catch it from Greggo. But when you can't keep your hands off each other its hard not to catch a cold from them. As for when the boys got together is complicated. I think by the end of season one they where together. But there is also the idea of Nicky having issues with telling everyone hes in relationship with a guy so they keep it a secret. Then we open a whole can of worms so I'm gonna leave it at that. Also I found a random cap of the boys from Cats In Cradle. I love how close they are. :)

[​IMG]

14. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I was watching Brothers & Sisters last night. Its so unfair, that they can have an openly gay couple on the show and its doing well but CSI cannot. I really do not think ratings for CSI will drop just because they have a gay couple on the show.

I have been thinking about each of the CSI characters & there past relationships ). Have you noticed that Nick & Greg are the only ones from the orginal team that has not been in a "relationship" with any one else.

Grissom dated Lady Heather & Sara
    Sara dated Hank & Grissom
    Catherine: Nightclub owner & various other guys
    Warrick: Tina (who he married)

Except for Nick sleeping with Kristi & that blonde at the night club (but that does not count since those were one night stands ). Nick has never mentioned dating anyone for extended period of time and neither has Greg.

My slashy brain says thats because Nick & Greg are together.

I defiantely I do not think Nick & Greg were together before the whole Kristi thing.

15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I love that pic of them!

I think it's interesting that only Grissom, Greg and Nick got ill, it's true that you get ill when you live or spent an awful lot of time with someone.

I agree especially as everyone was supposed to get ill. Do you think that Nick would be worried about what the others think?

I think because CSI is such a huge show, they're just worried that ratings may suffer, I mean I've never heard of brothers and sisters in the UK, but I guess it's not as big as CSI. And I don't know, I guess they'd be really worried, especially as many people don't like GSR, and that was a hetero relationship, so I guess they think that Greg/Nick would not be appreciated by a lot of non-Love fans, as GSR wasn't appreciated by non-GSR fans.

It's interesting that Greg has never dated really (i only remember him with a girl when he was looking at her dna), and Nick since Kristy, except for leaving with that girl in BTK. It's very interesting that the others have all had relationships at some point.

I don't think they were together when the Kristy thing happened, and I don't think they were together much before season 5 (if they even are together).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.