Mac #5: Back In Black!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

OK...hopefully you didn't hyptonitised badly CSISenna!:D and I know that I can be :devil: little devil :devil: sometimes...My friend in here say often that I am!:guffaw:

112 works in here though...but I get an idea!;) If we get you in hospital I know who we gona ask to take care of you...see for yourself! :bolian:
    :drool::drool::drool:

[​IMG]
    "...you'll be okey..." <3

Even I would have miraculous cure! :lol:

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Hi guys!
    Oooh, gorgeous Mac pics, AngelTaylor and Sam222. Now that NY has finished in the USA, we'll have to keep posting pics of and discussing 'old' or 'classic' Mac pics and moments to keep us going till September.
    Sam, that most recent Mac pic of yours of Mac in the hospital with Flack in the s2 finale...:drool::drool::drool: I'm gonna watch that ep again this week for sure. I've been meaning to for ages, but RL kept getting in the way.

3. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Yep. MacsLady I thought watch that second season final also lately! :thumbsup:Only now I don't have DVD box with me so it have to wait in weekend. :rolleyes:

So in September will start season 5 in USA right? ;)
    I'm looking for to it! :cool: In Finland will continue 3 season in July!!!! I've already made a BIG NUMBER about it so I believe that my friends gona get a trauma soon! :guffaw:
    Here's some pics from our man! Enjoy! :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    "Pissy-Mac" I like it! ;)
    [​IMG]
    Cute! slightly surprised smile! :drool::drool::drool:
    [​IMG]
    Now this then is "a smile with all spices!!!":lol: :drool::drool::drool:

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  4. AngelTaylor

AngelTaylor Witness

Wow, Sam... Pissy-Mac is my favorite Mac... :devil: Nice pic...:devil:

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok I dont know who knows but I make vids and when I was doing one of my latest I really noticed a change in mac. Not just the way he looks/dresses but the way he is now as a person/character. In the season final we saw him symphasing (sp?) with the self named 'victim' and we didnt really see that in season 1. Mac used to be about the evidence and he'd never trust a suspect over the science- he'd always be the first to put Danny straight when he tried to follow his heart so to speak.

6. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

7. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

Lol, I wonder how far he would get driving for..4 months?
    He could drive to my house in England if he wanted ahah.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anyhow, thought it was a bit quite in here so i wondered what plans you guys had for Mac next season?
    I mean, It would be quite good to see Mac have a real good brush with death
    But then again, they wouldn't do that to him, the writers kinda keep Mac wrapped up in cotton wool most of the time.
    He doesn't get really..really involved, this time he is though, with the whole "you kept a bullet, you lied to me" thing :evil:

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Yes he's really opened up a lot more. He's always been sympathetic to the victims and their families, but he SHOWS it a lot more lately than he did in s1. It's really nice that he's evolved in that way. He's not as emotional as Danny is (and that's a good thing IMO - a leader shouldn't get as emotionally involved as Danny does in cases) but over the last few seasons he's really started to open up and react to cases with emotion as well as just looking at the evidence. I think this change has come about because he's finally beginning to get over Claire's death. I think that in s1, Mac kept a very tight hold over his emotions and just focused on evidence in cases because 'emotions can hurt you, evidence can't' But since he started dating again, and since his relationship with Peyton, he really has opened up much more. He lets his emotions drive him much more than he did in s1 and though that gets him into trouble sometimes (like with the Dobson thing) it's a good thing and makes him much more a 3-dimensional character. I also think that since s1, he's let his emotions into how he deals with his team more. He was very harsh on Danny in s1 (though s1 Danny was a major f*ck up) but in later eps he was more emotionally open to his team - like with Danny in Run Silent Run Deep and Child's Play and with Lindsay in Like Water for Murder when he said he was more concerned about her than about the fact she had broken protocol by walking away from evidence - while still disciplining them when they need it.
    Mac has definitely shown his softer, sweeter, emotional side much more lately, and I love it.

Oooh, I can't wait for the finale tonight, haven't seen it yet! *jumps up and down excitedly* Mac in Kevlar, Mac in Kevlar...:drool:

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I agree re: Mac changing and evolving throughout the seasons. He started out as no-nonsense, all business, follow the evidence and nothing else, 100% of the time, and slow but sure he has eased up, which I think makes him even more compelling as a character, and as the Head of the Lab. Look what we saw in the last season or 2, that we never would have seen with the S1 Mac - his interaction with Dobson, and with Sinclair/Gerrard, his romance with Peyton, his relationship with Reed, his humorous interactions with Sid and Adam... I love it! He's much more approachable nowadays, which is a good thing.

I find it extremely ironic though, that the first time that he really, truly follows his emotions in a case (in "Hostage"), it ends up being a huge, dangerous mistake for him. :lol: Poor baby, I hope this doesn't send him into a tailspin and makes him never want to go with his emotions or feelings, ever again!

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

bumble_bee89, once again your signature banner is too big. As per these rules banners should be no larger than 220 x 75 pixels. Please change it.

11. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hi!:)

It's been a while since I've visited in here. So Mac is moving forward right?:thumbsup: Well I think it's a very good thing for him really, I hate to see him sad in first season.:( I felt sorry for him! But luckily he's much lighter person now! :) He's got even sense of humour now!!! even that I believe he has been it for a long time but poor guy is so shy to show it!;) But that chating with Sid in one ep. made me laugh so badly!!! :guffaw: I found a new side of him which is great! :thumbsup:

So all started in "this...";)
    [​IMG]
    "Hard working, decent guy without no personal life...well there was still someting which caught me...maybe we "Mac's girls" can see though his shield!?" :thumbsup:

How's now? what kind of person he's now???:D
    [​IMG]
    Having emotions yeah...sweet, tender, careing guy...how you could not fall in love with him!? :angel: I have to admit changes of him had been huge!!!!
    And it only get's better!:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  12. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

I realy like how we've seen more of Mac's sense of humour in recent episodes, we really need more of those scenes between him and Sid!

As for the change in him starting to trust his gut feelings, I'm with Jools on this one, the evidence did show "Joe" didn't kill the bank manager, he wasn't to know about the hidden extra bullet.

Ooh, and some possible gutter thoughts from the spoiler discussion thread:
    Pulling the car out of the water? Do I sense an opportunity for Wet Mac?!

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I love those scenes. Sid really brings out a lighter side to Mac, as does Adam, and the scenes between Mac and these two are always great. And Mac does have a sense of humor, and it's lovely to see him show it more, and it's lovely also to see him smile more these last 3 seasons. He has such a sexy smile.:drool:

I think Mac is supposed to be stumbling along the highway in New Jersey injured (Injured Mac -:drool:. Any volunteers to take care of him? Me first.:devil:) but Wet Mac would be even better.

I really love how they've lightened him up and given both more good characteristics - his soft side shown with his relationships with Peyton and Reed, his sense of humor shown with Adam and Sid, his loyalty and caring for his team shown with Stella and Danny and Lindsay, some nice Mac angst and background details, like when he talks about his dad in AHTYMA and the Thing About Heroes storyline, and his compassion for victims and their families, but also his flaws, as shown with the Gerrard/Sinclair/Dobson thing. That Mac has flaws but also a lot of good/redeeming characteristics makes him much more compelling as a character and the head of the lab, and more human.

Oh, I know. Poor baby! And nasty nasty bad bad Joe for taking advantage of him like that. I hope he doesn't go into a tailspin either, but don't worry, I doubt Stella and the others will let that happen. And the writers must know they're doing a really good thing with Mac lately. And Gary is all into what a deep, complex character Mac is. Also, I think the way Mac is now, as opposed to what he was like in s1, is closer to the way Gary is as a real person.

Can't wait to see the s5 premiere, looks like it will be not just Mac-centric but also have a fair dose of Flack, so I am very happy.:bolian: Is it September yet? At least I know the UK will be getting New Mac 'early next year' according to the channel 5 lady.

And now I am going to do this - :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: *swearing loudly in head* because we STILL have no Internet at home and I am using the library computers and the Evil IT Department has Photobucket etc on it's list of Banned Sites, so I can't see any of the pics y'all have posted until I manage to *whispers* sneak on here on one of the staff computers while at work.
    How dare the library computers deny me my Mac pics? :scream:

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I loooovvvveeeee his new and improved character :D Those scenes when he makes fun of Sid make me laugh- they're great! But I hope that Reed comes back once again next season because you get to see a very different side of Mac.

I hate library computers. I was off for about two months at the beginning of this year and I nearly went nuts (no wise ass comments jools ;)) but Im so glad i've got it back :D

Ok guys I am sooooo annoyed at the mo with your choice of spoiler titles, 'Spoilerific but YUM if true!' I definatly chose the wrong season to go spoiler free :lol: Unlike someone *pokes jools* I managed to resist but the prospect of yummy........:drool: erm never mind :guffaw: We'll have to think of another bet Muppet :D

15. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

^^^Talk about a change... Sam, Mac definetely changed from season 1 to 4. I like the sensitive side a lot more.

And Natty I agree, it would be interesting to see more about the Reed/Mac Relation, but somehow I wonder if it is good for the show. *Even if we Taylor girls can't get enough of Mac :drool:*

Crap I lost another bet, and I'm sure payback will be a B*. Although I haven't heard my forfeit yet :guffaw:And Jools shuts up before the Chipmunk is breathing in her neck. Hey at least I didn't comment on the internet problems. Don't you dare and do that to me, I would not have survived the past week ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.