Locker Room #17: Danny/Carmine: Our Utility Guy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caprian

Caprian Hit and Run

You're welcome. :D
    I'm glad that you liked it. :D

2. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

:thumbsup: Hey guys!

Just thought I get this thread goin' again..........with this article I found

It talks about 4 types of guys out there.....and I think this description fits.

The Sweetheart

[​IMG]

SPOT HIM

Typical interests: Music, cooking dinner for friends, reading literature.

When he’s stressed, he talks about it with confidants until he finds a
    solution.

He lights up if you say: “I never would have noticed that. You’re so observant!”

HE’S RIGHT FOR YOU IF...

...You want your boyfriend to be a guy who truly listens, understands
    your girlie side, and can talk about feelings.

...You’re turned on by sweet, movie-worthy romance, like slow kisses
    and crazy-great compliments.

...You deal with problems by honestly addressing them and taking
    emotions into consideration. He’s a philosopher at heart, and even if you two
    don’t agree in the end, you’ll learn tons about each other during your
    in-depth discussions.

SYNCING UP

His favorite dates: Atmosphere matters to this sensualist, so find a
    spot with a romantic vibe (try a botanical garden or outdoor jazz
    concert) for the real highlight: your ever-intensifying one-on-one bond.

Relationship requirements: This nurturer tries to know everyone he
    meets on a deeper level...which can be rough if you’re the jealous type.
    Also, he’s so into connecting that he’ll feel dissed if you don’t share
    your problems.

The closer he feels to you, the hotter it gets him. For an
    especially intimate treat, seduce him in the morning, when sunlight
    offers him a full view of you, and make eye contact mid-act.

What he seeks in a soul mate: This idealist falls when he knows you
    value communication too. Because he tends to ruminate, you’ll enhance his
    life by being decisive yourself.

CHEERS!

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That sounds somewhat like Danny, though I think he pushes people away as much as he lets them in. Danny seems to want to trust, but also seems to think he isn't worthy of love or being happy. He tends to seek out relationships that aren't healthy for him--sleeping with someone who's son's death he feels responsible for (Rikki), sleeping with someone who takes advantage of him emotionally (Lindsay).

4. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Ahem..........yeah......not my point

I was talkin' about MR.G.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I think it's hard to analyze a real person that no one actually knows in a personal way. ;) What can you base it off of? A few comments in interviews? That's not really enough to go on, IMO.

This thread is deader than a doornail! :eek: :eek: :eek: What did you think of the season overall for Danny?

Personally, I thought it was a fantastic one for him. I loved the Ruben storyline--it really put Danny in an untenable position. And as he's the most vulnerable character on the show, I think it hit him in a way that it wouldn't anyone else. I love that the writers put him in a really impossible situation--one he felt responsible for, and was, in part.

I also thought the relationship stuff was interesting, and showed just how damaged Danny really is. He uses sex to keep people happy with him or from abandoning him. He let Rikki use him because it eased his guilt, and when Lindsay got really pissed at him and started treating him badly again, suddenly he wanted to spend time with her. I think Danny's interactions with women this season show how deeply damaged he is.

In season five, I'd like to find out why he's so damaged.

What do you guys think?

6. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Season 4 was great for him. Carmine was able to show his talent in acting. All those different situations Danny had to handle - the Rube story line is one excellent example - did really show that Carmine is not just an ordinary actor. He's really talented. And this time CBS really have to see it and set him up for an emmy nomination.

IMO, it's great that Danny had some great moments in this season. Sure season 3 wasn't that bad either, but in season 4 his character became even more important with that different story lines like the one with Ruben.

My wish for season 5 is to get some stuff from Danny's past. Like you said, it would be good to see why Danny has this special character.

7. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I have to say this is probably bar season 1 his best, seasons 2 and 3 he didn't get that much bar RSRD to show us what he's made of. This season we have pretty much seen every side of him and how much a part his emotions play on his take on criminals and on life.

The Ruben storyline just showed how emotionally charged Danny really is and how its not something you get over, it really haunts you and makes you do stuff you wouldn't normally do like sleep with Rikki.

What I thought was nice this season is we still go the lighthearted jokes and the happy Danny aswell which is a side i always love.

S5 i would like to see how screwed up his past really is if that makes sense. I mean we know he is linked to Tanglewood but how much further back does it go. And see Louie cos that would be nice.

I would also like him and LIndsay to resolve whatevers going on but thats a different story. But I like there flirting in stuff like "Commuted Sentences" I like the interaction and the jokes.

He's just an allround chracter its one reason i love him we get all the emotions in one season which is great

8. althea

althea Lab Technician

Firstly I haven't finished watching the season yet I am on episode 16 now so I just have a couple to go. But so far so very good. I have to say I was a bit dissapointed with the start of the season following SnowDay I was really looking forward to how Danny would be following the beating he and Adam took at the hands of the hostage takes but as we all know TPTB left that one dwindling in the wind. Kinda like Danny dangling in the wind right here. Aw look at that ass.:lol::drool: So supposedly here is a man who had the crap beaten up of him not to long before this but can go hanging off the side of a statue?:lol:
    [​IMG]

But anywho I've forgiven TPTB :lol: All because of the Rueben storyline.
    Carmine's portrayal of the broken and guilt ridden Danny worked very well. Then there was All in the Family, where Carmine delivered that one line right in the end of the episode with Flack. The How can I do that sentence, just five little words and Carmine managed to put so much emotion in it, love it.

As for the next season I too would like to know more about Danny's past and I still am intrigued by what Carmine said in his last interview with K, where he mentioned Danny ending up in a mental instituition or something.

Another picture
    [​IMG]

Could that shirt be unbuttoned even lower please?:lol: I loved Danny in white but anybody else notice how it became his uniform?

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Oh yes, it was a great season for Danny as a character. It was tragic of course, but he showed a lot of emotion, strength and vulnerability throughout.

That's pretty much how I see it. He is an all rounder. The writers can put Danny through anything and be confident that Carmine will act it perfectly. We did see all sides of Danny this season and Carmine was definitely given a great storyline to work with.

Danny's emotional state is probably always fragile, I think that next season I would like to see him be on a more even keel emotionally, and I'd personally prefer to see him excel professionally rather than engage in too much of the personal stuff.

Yes I get the feeling that, maybe to counteract all the emo stuff Danny had this season, they really provided the fangirls with some of the pretty to compensate for his depressed state. I can't think why else they would continually put him in tight, white shirts? :lol: And when the shirts weren't enough (or weren't showing enough)...

[​IMG]

He really is the show's utility guy...

10. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

Awww...I'm gonna miss Danny over the break. His huge Disney-beautiful eyes, his wanton shoulder stripping, his quasi De Niro expressions, his wonky legs you could drive an SUV through, THAT accent...:drool: Guess i'll just have to distract myself with Carmine and his cardie-wearing, Kurt-u-like, Ceesau antics. No hardship there...but c'mon back soon ya sexy lil minx..

11. snickerdoodle

snickerdoodle Dead on Arrival

:lol: That description is hysterical, virginia-hell ! In regards to the wonky legs, I made a friend sit through a couple episodes from the S3 dvds this past weekend and she commented on his walk. To quote her directly..."He walks like he has a full diaper....or really big balls." I will never look at a Carmine walk the same way ever again!

12. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I really think that this season showed Danny much more vulnerable then he ever was.
    Especially in the Ruben storyline,he showed that raw emotion much more.

As for the relationship stuff,I agree with Top on this one.
    Danny seems like a guy who just wants to please everyone and I love to see that collide one way or another

13. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Heh heh. This almost reminds me of the writer at UK magazine SFX who has a small obsession with the size of a certain sci-fi actor's peen and his way of walking...which has led to him being affectionately known as 'Mr BPW'...:rommie:

14. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

This is probably just me but his walk has always made me think "Ballet dancer with a horrible yeast infection" :lol::lol::lol: Because his toes kind of turn out when he's walking like a lot of my dancer friends but he legs are far apart.:lol:

Any ways I just thought I would post these pictures. They're from TV Guide's Sexiest stars party 08'. I didn't see them posted before.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Oh dear! I always wondered what is wrong with his walk :lol: After looking at the third picture you can fit a train between his legs :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.